What were the biggest challenges of your school days?

My biggest challenges were social, but I suppose by biggest academically was also my handwriting which was always sloppy. I also didn't apply myself in subjects I didn't like, so while I could've been a straight A student, I just refused to put in the work on certain subjects.

Getting moved frequently to new foster homes which usually meant a new school.

My handwriting
Me took. And the more teachers that tried to help me improve it, the worse it got.

In College, I had several classes where I learned probably more than my classmates, but got lower grades because I didn't have any background in the topic I walked away from those classes feeling like I had accomplished something, but my grade didn't reflect that. And none of these classes had prerequisites.

Trying to stay focused and pay attention. I bored very easily and most of the teachers just didn't engage me

I didn’t get the best grades in high school. I was average at best. Hated school. I barely passed algebra my freshman year and the only math class I was able to take my sophomore year was geometry and I totally flunked out of it. They let me graduate with 1 math credit. I’m pretty sure I was supposed to have 2. But I didn’t care. I just wanted it to be over. Needless to say I never went to college either.

Handwriting for me also. I didn't want to take time and slow down to write neatly, and I'm a lefty so that didn't help. I'd get straight A's in subjects and C's or D's in handwriting 😂 I'm so thankful that I can type most everything now!

everything but Math , I barley got by in most grades, I would just listen enough to barley pass, never did homework (if they cant tell me what I need to know in 8 hours, thats on them), but my Junior and Senior years in High School, I just matured or something got really good grades

Shyness. I was a good student, not great, shyness has followed me my entire life, and played with my self esteem. Like most people, I wish I knew then what I know now, I would have had more confidence in my ability.

Being quiet. I wasn’t challenged in school which resulted in me being bored. So, I’d zip through my homework and then just start talking. Obviously it got better the older I got and I could control myself but that was a common complaint during my elementary days.

Math. I'm just not good with numbers and never have been. I failed geometry twice in high school. I scraped by with a D my senior year because my notebook was well kept, so I got extra credit for it. My lousy geometry grades kept me out of the National Honor Society.

barely passed algebra and geometry. And doing homework in general. I was a partier. This was back in the 60s and I grew up in a small town, if you could walk into a bar, you could get served. and I took full advantage. Some fun times

Academically, nothing. I’m an accountant with good handwriting.

Otherwise, boys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter