What we know about the opening date of Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

I vote for a M&G with the giant presidential bobble heads that do races at nationals games

I prefer racing sausages.
Where I come from we race pierogies. And lose but we're getting better at least
I have a funny feeling that sewing a new curtain isn't the problem here.

(They should take a page from the Stitch ride and just make the lobby a patriotic Muppets meet and greet for now.)
Politics aside, this is really what they should've done. Let's face it no one actually goes in to hear the presidents anymore and no matter what it was just going to get more divisive for the favorite nap spot. However whatever they do now they get a hell of a lot of blood on their hands.

Even though I am a history buff, I always skipped the attraction. Magic Kingdom was so full of things to do that I just never had the time. I did this with a lot of things in the park, honestly I went on Pirates for the first time this past May because I put aside my time for doing things I love more (didn't like it to be honest, yeah I know what's up, might as well add fire to the already controversial topic :D). Another thing was, Hall of Presidents was more so something I would do at home. The only novelty for me was the presentation, but like I said I much rather take a ride on the peoplemover or take the experience of just being there in than a show based off of something that is just a google away. I was kind of hoping Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln got installed during this time since being a Disney dork I much rather see Walt's favorite president and a piece of Disney history in Florida, or better yet a sleepy hollow dark ride but now we just sit and wait...

Last edited:
It’s pretty evident at this point that they’re being held up with something, most likely the voice recording. I’ve got my doubts it’s gonna reopen anytime soon but that’s just my feeling on this one

The audiences have ruined HOP as we get more divisive as a country, so I haven't been in a long, long time and have no plans to go back. I figure it's only a matter time before there's a fist fight in there.

Any update on the reopening? I've only seen late fall, 2017.

It should not take more than about 3-4 months to produce the fabric and stage curtain.

I'm thinking there may never be a reason provided for the delay.

FWIW, the refurbishment is supposedly more than just a new curtain. According to the Disney Parks Blog, "The Hall of Presidents is getting a new show, and a complete theater upgrade including a new sound system, lighting and high-definition projection system. The multi-screen viewing experience you may have seen in prior versions of the attraction is returning with an even wider vantage point of our country’s history."

Well, maybe the delay will result in a more politically friendly show, that celebrates the positive aspects of our country's history. As a history major, I think we need to learn about all our past, the good and the bad. But at Disney, I think a positive approach (as it is the happiest place on earth) is better. Leave the negative outside for this purpose.

I agree, it has been positive. Some are concerned that adding Trump will change that - depending on what his animatronic says. I like this attraction, no matter who is the recent addition. Unfortunately, some will view the simple addition of Trump to be divisive.

Not trying to be rteetz or any of the moderators but as someone who liked reading how civil this thread was in relation to the other hall of president rumor threads (which were funny to be honest), I’m just worried about this one suffering the same fate and getting locked. It’s all good now, it really is, but I’m just putting this out as a reminder to keep it civil

Not trying to be rteetz or any of the moderators but as someone who liked reading how civil this thread was in relation to the other hall of president rumor threads (which were funny to be honest), I’m just worried about this one suffering the same fate and getting locked. It’s all good now, it really is, but I’m just putting this out as a reminder to keep it civil
:thumbsup2

I thought that's what it has always been.

It has been, but there have been reports of not so positive behavior from some guests already with the prior president and fears are it will be worse going forward, even if what is presented is a positive view of the country, etc.

The audiences have ruined HOP as we get more divisive as a country, so I haven't been in a long, long time and have no plans to go back. I figure it's only a matter time before there's a fist fight in there.

Right? It's the stupid people in the audience cheering and booing and cheering and booing that just made me give it up.

I have never experienced anything like this at HOP. People just watch the show and there tends to be some clapping at the beginning and end.

I have never experienced anything like this at HOP. People just watch the show and there tends to be some clapping at the beginning and end.

I have heard both President Obama and President Bush booed. I have no doubt I'll hear the current occupant and whoever comes next booed at some point if the country can't find some common ground.

I have heard both President Obama and President Bush booed. I have no doubt I'll hear the current occupant and whoever comes next booed at some point if the country can't find some common ground.

Wow! That is so surprising to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter