What we know about the opening date of Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingdingding

Mouseketeer
The last thread about the Hall of Presidents refurbishment was closed after political bickering, which I don't intend on continuing. I just wondered if it was probable that I could visit the Hall of President during my next visit in January. The map on the Disney website currently states that it will be closed all year and I wondered what is going on so I did some research. This is a small overview of the facts as we know them as of today:

Earlier (as discussed on the previous thread) there were rumours that the current president wasn't willing to record a speech for the attraction, mostly based on two articles on Vice. Vice has since retracted the articles, more than a year after the first article was released: "After a thorough investigation into the sourcing of two stories, “Here’s the Secret Backstage Trump Drama at Walt Disney World’s Hall of Presidents” and “Behind the Scenes of Disney’s Donald Trump ‘Hall of Presidents’ Installation”, and the identification of several factual errors, we have decided to retract both pieces. We are conducting a full editorial review to pinpoint how this source was vetted, and how these stories were approved and published in violation of our usual editorial workflow. We fell short of our standards, and regret the error."

Disney has stated that president Trump will have a speaking role in the attraction and that a recording session has been scheduled. In contrast with earlier rumours, Disney stated that they have been working closely with the White House.

Disney has also stated that the refurbishment was quite bigger than many expected: "The Hall of Presidents is getting a new show, and a complete theater upgrade including a new sound system, lighting and high-definition projection system. The multi-screen viewing experience you may have seen in prior versions of the attraction is returning with an even wider vantage point of our country’s history."

The last update (when president Obama took office) was from October till July. (about nine months) If the this refurbishment takes the same amount of time, we could expect an opening next October, which would coincide with the current rumours that the attraction will open next fall.

Honestly, the only thing we know for certain right now is that it's taking longer than originally anticipated.

I think it's a combo of the administration being slow, and the refurb to the facility.

Its interesting that they are refurbishing that theatre, I was able to go last December and I didnt feel like the attraction was dated or needed a facelift. I really do enjoy this attraction as a History teacher but I do not envy Disney having to deal with political rancor every 4-8 years. Once the recording session gets done im sure it will reopen.

Its interesting that they are refurbishing that theatre, I was able to go last December and I didnt feel like the attraction was dated or needed a facelift. I really do enjoy this attraction as a History teacher but I do not envy Disney having to deal with political rancor every 4-8 years. Once the recording session gets done im sure it will reopen.

I think they are removing the seats so they can fit more people in. Everyone is going to have to stand. There have been too many complaints about the snoring. There may be some rectangular benches around the perimeter.

I think they are removing the seats so they can fit more people in. Everyone is going to have to stand. There have been too many complaints about the snoring. There may be some rectangular benches around the perimeter.

This has to be a joke... The show is too long to stand for. While I love the show, part of the appeal is to get an air conditioned break and to sit down.

Too many rumors, too many "stories" from Disney, too many outside influences ............

This is a situation that is fluid and could very well still change ongoing.

Just don't worry about it, when it opens it opens, nothing you can do about it.

PS For the snorers, COP is up and running.

What do we know? Not much. I'm certain if there's any rumblings someone will post them over here.

You do know that sarcasm is in violation of the DisBoard guidelines? If you want to crack a joke about something, perhaps a DisBoard emoji would help convey your intent.

View attachment 260231

Good call...a tinker bell pixie dust emoji is the way to go...

Of course...sarcasm is like the wizard of oz...

There's a "good witch" and a "bad witch"

There's a difference between sarcasm and a joke, especially a light hearted one like beer dave made.

There really isn't anything other than a joke...

There's just many categories.

Some are funny...some aren't
Some are intelligent...some are simpleton
Some are naive/innocent...some malicious
Some are negative reinforcement...some are self deprecating...

All are an attempt to take the edge off or make people realize that they are coming off as fools and should have more self respect...

There really isn't anything other than a joke...

There's just many categories.

Some are funny...some aren't
Some are intelligent...some are simpleton
Some are naive/innocent...some malicious
Some are negative reinforcement...some are self deprecating...

All are an attempt to take the edge off or make people realize that they are coming off as fools and should have more self respect...

I write sarcasm every time I log in to this site---------- it's my password....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts