What was your most disappointing ride?

Kali River Rapids is ok but doesn't hold a candle to Grizzly River Run at Disney California Adventure even being similar attractions...

Stitch is terrible... The original Alien Encounter was much, much better...

Universe of Energy needs to be re-energized again...

I can't be disappointed in attractions that everyone hates... If I go in there already thinking it's going to be terrible, it won't disappoint me... I was pretty disappointed in Soarin after so many people said it was the best ride they've ever been on... And maybe slightly disappointed with TSMM, although I did really enjoy the queue area on that one... Having said that, I'd still go on both of those (time pending) on every trip I take to WDW.

Our trip in February was the first time I'd been to WDW after being a lifetime DLR lover. We loved the vacation, but a few individual attractions fell flat.

PoTC - really disappointing after riding the one at DLR for years
Stitch's Great Escape - worst ride EVER
Triceratops Spin - all I got out of it was a neck ache
Dinosaur - bad version of Indiana Jones

Everything else was amazing and we're looking forward to a return trip early next year.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't keen on Stitch's Great Escape. I love the film, but come on!!

Also, I can't remember exactly what it was called, but in Disney Quest my fiance and I were killing some time and we went on this raft simulation thing... It was so bad we just laughed the whole way through.

We have never been on Kali but based on what's said here, maybe we'll give this one another miss...

I've never been disappointed in a ride at Disney but I usually have a good idea of what I'm getting before I ride. I always figured we wouldn't get too excited about the ride part of Kali River Rapids because most summer weekends we can raft the East Race in South Bend, IN if so inclined; they've held U.S. Olympic Team Trials and the U.S. National Team Trials there so I'm guessing it's fairly rowdy. It's rowdy enough eldest son once fell out of the raft, anyhow. :p But I finally watched a couple of videos of Kali and I have to admit, it looks pretty sad -- I did expect more. Not even that much pretty scenery, which is the only aspect that tempted me. :confused3

At least now I know that my reluctance to get wet isn't costing me anything. :)

I understand opinions differ for everything, but they need to Ditch the Stitch...
It was so lame

Disney's got a few duds. The Treehouse in MK is a waste of space. I bet those who have said there's no space wasters in MK walked right past it without even reailzing it's an attraction! :rotfl2:

Probably the one I'd rank at the top now is Mission:Space. It could have been such a cool ride. Seeing what they did to Star Tours, and what Universal did with Harry Potter and Spiderman- means that Mission Space could have been made WAY cooler. It's criminal that it's SO lame.

Further, I think the Stat Tours idea was WAAY overdue. There are SO many attractions that would be WAY cooler if they had multiple versions. Like the Muppets or CBJ. If they had multiple versions those two attractions would be way more fun. Keep the original, but rotate in other options esp later in the day. Maybe in the morning have the original songs but later in the day have variable editions.

Oh....and I love Jungle Cruise, but it would be free to add some new jokes!

We are just back and I have never been disappointed by a ride before. I usually know what to expect. Perhaps Expedition Everest was not as thrilling as I expected but other than that I always knew what I was getting into and had a great time on every ride.

Well we usually skipped water rides, ie. splash and Kali since getting wet isn't our favorite thing. We finally did both. We were super happy with Splash Mountain. I don't think we realized how much there was in that ride. But Kali... what a boring ride.

Kali didn't do anything. Yeah I got soaked but only because they put a stupid fountain at the bottom of the first drop. Then it was like the speed of IASW. I finally thought it was gonna get going when there was something that actually looked like a rapid but it was very short and when we passed it the ride was over. I was waiting for the "rapids" part to start when the ride ended. Just have to say it wasn't worth getting soaked over.

Epcot - Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable (it was just a movie and a boring, kinda hypocritical movie at that)

Hollywood Studios - Adventures of Narnia: Prince Caspian (it was one big giant movie preview with a mini props museum afterwards)

MK - Snow White's Scary Adventures (seemed very dated and a lot like the haunted house at my local county fair)

AK - Primeval Whirl (I wasn't expecting it to be so jerky or rough but I'd still go back on it)

Stitch is terrible... The original Alien Encounter was much, much better...

Agree with you, except Ae was not the original attraction. I've seen that mistake posted before, so that's why I'm correcting you.

It was orignally Flight to the Moon, then it became Mission to Mars in 1975. Later, it became AE.

Expedition Everest. I have never been so motion sick in all my life. I was truly disappointed that I wasn't able to check out all the details in the ride because I was trying to control my breakfast. The last time I rode, it ruined the entire rest of the day. I'm so jealous of riders that can take it! It really has a great ride queue. I'm going to stick to that next time.

As for the many disappointing posts for Kali, I agree that it is slow and short, but it remains one of my favorites because I am ALWAYS sitting next to my daughter and we have ALWAYS been the ones that get the most soaked on the drop. The other passengers in our boat whether they are family members or complete strangers get a good laugh at our reaction.

I can see why everyone's opinions differ so much. My family can't even agree.

My husband would say Primievel Whirl = jerky, slammy, motion sicky mess.
My son would say Tomorrowland Speedway = smelly, slow and disappointing
I would have to say Ellen's Energy Adventure = airconditioned, thirty minute nap

In the middle of a hot day at WDW there's nothing wrong with a 30 minute air conditioned nap without having to go back to the hotel room!

Soarin-we still go once every few trips, but at the time with the big building and pics of you flying by giant screens in a hang glider- we thought it would be a combo of the 50 year old Peter Pan ride and the US Spiderman ride.

Nope-its a movie screen you sit in front of. :headache:

Close 2nd was Mission Space-just thought that would be better.

The worst rides for me, like for many, were:
- Stitch :sick::crazy2:
- The Backlot Tour :bored:
- Imagination :confused3
but actually I didn't expect to like them, I just wanted to see them for myself.

Most disappointing rides/ shows, which I had expected to like much more, were:
- The Country Bears (it is the only attraction I have actually exited halfway through)
- Spaceship Earth: I expected to be more enthralled, I was nearly bored

On the other hand, there are a few rides I expected to hate based on reviews, that I actually liked very much:
- TSMM: I don't like Buzz nor Men in Black at Universal, so I expected the same... on the contrary, I loved it, I rode 3 times in a day!
- Great Fiesta ride: everybody bashes it, I found it cute

Figment was my worst ride. i got off and thought, 'what on earth was that and why did i waste my time on it?'.

Mission Space.

After hearing so many stories of people getting sick I was expecting a really exciting ride and it ended up feeling really tame. I can only imagine how boring the non-spinning version is.

On top of that it's totally uninteresting intellectually. Horizons left big shoes to fill, and I went in expecting a ride that would explore what it would be like to live in space or on Mars.

Instead all we got was a spinning ride about a rocket liftoff and botched landing. It's, over the years, gone from a "go just once per trip" ride to just completely blowing it off.

I'll take something mentally engaging over cheap thrills any day. In fact on my last trip I ended up skipping Mission Space to re-ride Ellen's Energy Adventure just because it was more entertaining despite being very calm and slow.

Soarin'...I just never got the hype...I've been on it a couple of time, but if I were to never get on it again I think I would be fine...well maybe if the changed it to Soarin' over America....

I can see why everyone's opinions differ so much. My family can't even agree.

If you were to pin my family to one ride, then yeah, we'd probably also disagree.

In terms of touring though, my rather extended family is really good about sorting 'rides we all enjoy', from 'rides nobody wants to ride'. There are a few in the 'maybe we'll ride them if the line is short', but not many.

What's funny are the oddballs. We all like Monsters, INC, but we miss it at least half the time. Meanwhile, none of us are wild about Mexico, but we always hit it. :rolleyes2

Narnia. We only did it once, and it was all my fault for not reading up on it beforehand. We came out, looked at each other, and went "That's It???" Note enough A's in LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME for that one. Disney really ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Unfortunately, I'm not holding out much hope that it's successor, with the Jack Sparrow theming, is going to be much better. We'll soon see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter