What was your first resort?

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!

Beach Club. In other words, we're spoiled for life now, haha. It's still our favourite :)

Poly in 1972, back when it was Poly, Contemporary and Ft Wilderness. Yes, it is my favorite and we've stayed 3 times since then. As an adult, I love the theme ( even in it's pseudo-hawaiian state ) , the dining options, the shopping and being able to walk from Poly to Grand Floridian as well as taking the monorail right to the Magic Kingdom.

Parents had their honeymoon in 1973 at Contemporary.

I went my first time back in 1987, stayed at Polynesian because my mom was obsessed with Hawaii. Lol. Stayed there again in 1990 and 1992.

First few trips, I remember offsite then the Grovenor in what's known as Disney Springs now. Actual on site was the Poly at 16, and that is when my Poly obsession began... I will say after too many trips to count, and staying at virtually all the resorts with the exception of DVC, we now prefer the Epcot resorts. Mostly because of our empty nester lifestyle now. Maybe that will change when the Grandkiddos come along...

I'm an old timer and long time DVC owner. Back in the day, we only had 4 resorts to choose from. I purchased OKW and that was my first stay. Have been back and will return again in the future.

Bay Lake Tower 2010 - first Disney vacation with our children. We stayed there a total of 3 times, but have stayed at other deluxe/monorail resorts since then. We miss Disney so much!!

The first on property resort I stayed at was WL. Then we booked it again last year and had a trip there booked for July, but I’m seriously doubting that will go on.

I would like to book Boardwalk before our cruise next year.

April 1972 at the Poly...never made reservations back then...just walked up to the front desk and checked in...
When we returned one year later...we learned that would not be the case any longer...we had to spend one night at Howard Johnson's (I think) and the rest back at the Poly...both times we drove there. We never minded the drive....always stopped in Cocoa Beach for seafood.
I remembered really liking the carpet in the room...think it was a seafoam green....that struck me as being very beautiful at the time...lol
We would always eat at least one meal at Tangoroa(sp) Terrace too.

We either paid $79 or $99 per night for first level lagoon view...walked right onto the beach. Great spot for the electrical parade.

Last edited:
First on-site: Grand Floridian. Nope, didn't like it and have not been back. Nice place to visit...and all. Second half of that vacation was Boardwalk Villa. And loved it!

Dixie Landings on our Honeymoon in 1995. Still our favorite resort (now Port Orleans Riverside).

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!
Port Orleans Riverside and it stills holds a special place for us. We haven't been back yet. We are trying to do a new resort each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter