What was your first resort?

Wilderness Lodge for my honeymoon. We've been back a few times and I still love it!

My first on site stay was in 1982 at the Disney Golf Resort later known as the Disney Inn (1986 ) & is now known as Shades of Green.

For those that know the history of this resort, it opened in 1973 and is the 3rd on site hotel of the ever growing portfolio of resorts. The standard rooms are large at 450 square feet!

The DOD leased this resort in 1994 and finally purchased it in 1996. Also an interesting note, Cast members don't work at this resort.

Dave

Contemporary in a garden wing..first floor with a waterview of the lagoon. It was beautiful.

First on-site resort was Pop Century. Been a total of 4 times. Heading back in September.

Our first stay was in a villas at Wilderness Lodge in 2002. loved it.

1999, Mom & Dad sent my Sis & me (adults) on a 4 night WDW trip for my birthday. (Not ON bday, but for my bday present.) I was told to pick any hotel I wanted and I chose the BEACH CLUB.

I loved it. I still say it has the best location in WDW (for my tastes). When I made my first solo trip in 2012, I stayed there again and got magically Pixie Dusted to Club Level (total shock)!

Since then, in the interest of saving $ and making more frequent trips, I've been staying at POFQ :love: and POP :thumbsup2 but maybe someday I'll splurge on BC again.

Coronado was my first, and I thought it was wonderful. Didn't get to go back to Disney for 17 years, and when I did, went with the familiar and stayed at Coronado again. Since then, I've been to Grand Floridian twice (VGF actually) and AKV-Kidani once. Love both for different reasons. This Christmas it's Boardwalk (BWV) for the first time! Soooo excited! Since discovering the ability to rent DVC points, I've stuck with the deluxes. I do kind of want to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter one of these days though. I think it looks so charming.

As an adult, Riverside in '09.

Stayed there 5 trips in a row, then bounced around a little (BW mostly, WL,YC,POP, ASM, AoA) before settling in at the GDT in Coronado since it opened.

I grew up in Central Florida and went frequently as a child but never stayed onsite. As an adult, my first onsite stay was POFQ. I stayed there two more times before our next resort which was the FW cabins, then AoA. Since then, we’ve stayed at BWI, Poly, YC, BC, WL and AKL. We sometimes repeat resorts but really like to try new ones and often do split stays. We are due to stay at CBR and CR in July and GF in September (🤞🏻). We must not be too picky because we have really enjoyed them all, but of course we do have favorites!

BCV. We loved it so much we bought DVC in 2008. Have stayed at so many resorts since, but BC/YC/BCV still hold a special place in my heart!

All Star Sports when my son was 6 hrs 33 now & has 3 boys but he would never stay at the All Stars he loves Yacht Club. We went every year & always stayed at Various All Stars.

Since my grandma lives locally we always stayed with her as a kid, then in 2009, I stayed onsite for the 1st time at CBR, as an adult. In the past 11 years, we've had countless stays and in fact we've stayed at every resort except FW. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to any of them but CBR would probably be at the bottom of the list oddly enough.

Mine was POR. I stayed there exclusively before buying DVC. After I sold DVC, I stay at either POR or Pop.

Fort Wilderness trailer homes back in the 80s. We had 3 kids and thought those were perfect! We had a full kitchen so we could make meals, eat breakfast there, this was before there were any DVC villas. But even if there were, I doubt they cost $124/night, even back then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter