Autographs - Especially Pixar Fest Characters

PurpleKomodo

Mouseketeer
So, I am a die-hard autograph collector, but have found many new characters and some of the old ones post-COVID don't seem to sign any more. If anyone that goes over the next couple of weeks can sound off to let me know what the autograph situation is for the special meet and greets for Pixar Fest and in general at DL and DCA, I would so appreciate it! Don't want to get my hopes up for a bunch of new and unique autographs and be disappointed. I also may choose not to wait in line for some characters if I know they do not sign.

We didn’t make Pixar fest, but on our trip last month our kids had no problem filling up their autograph books in DL/DCA. They say hello and ask politely ( I’m shocked at home many people just shove books and pens in the characters faces) and the only time they’ve been turned down is when the character is one that doesn’t/can’t sign due to the constraints of the costume. Will they be less so inclined with an Adult asking them to sign? Possibly, idk, only one way to find out.

I was at the parks a week ago and met quite a few of the Pixar characters. I did ask whether they signed (I am also a die hard autograph collector!) and was told by the CM that they do NOT, unfortunately. This was for the characters that met in the Fantasy Faire area (Dug/Russell, Wade/Ember, Ian/Barley, and Luca/Alberto)... However, I noticed that Mei-Lin and Ming (her mom) are in DCA meeting again! I waited 3 hours to meet them during Lunar New Year festivities and can confirm that they DID sign, so I imagine they would sign again. Hiro also signed an autograph as well. Hope this helps!

When it comes to autographs especially Disney character autographs many people who are autograph collectors who collect various types of autographs whether it is a celebrity's autograph to autographs of sports stars there's one thing that many autograph collectors do is go to Disneyland to mainly meet characters so that they can collect as many autographs as they can. But when it comes to new characters being introduced at Disneyland the autographs of the new characters are usually the first ones that the autograph collectors go after because to the collectors they will become hard to get. But I think why Disneyland doesn't let some characters sign autographs is because Disneyland uses these characters for photos with people and that's what I think they are trying to do. But I can't figure out why some characters are seen for a limited time only and that makes the autographs of those characters hard to find. Take for example when Hawkeye premiered on Disney+ in 2021 Disneyland brought the Hawkeye character back for the Hawkeye holiday show but he didn't sign autographs or do meet and greets and once Hawkeye finished Hawkeye was never brought back as a meet and greet character to Avengers Campus but only was seen during RunDisney events and Hawkeye's autograph is considered rare today. When Moon Knight premiered Disneyland gave the same treatment to Moon Knight and when people learned that Moon Knight didn't sign people were disappointed and out of all the characters that Disneyland has I think the Marvel characters are the ones that are mostly used for photos and do not get to sign autographs "with Spider-Man Doctor Strange Captain America Black Panther Captain Marvel Star Lord Gamora Loki and Ant-Man who do sign autographs". But I think when it comes to events like Pixar Fest what Disneyland should do is hand out lists to people of characters who sign autographs and at the characters who cannot sign autographs would have a sign saying this "THIS CHARACTER IS FOR PHOTOS ONLY AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE AUTOGRAPHS" "FOR MORE INFO PLEASE SEE CAST MEMBER FOR DETAILS THANK YOU" and that would help collectors of Disney character autographs a lot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter