What was your first car/truck?

My first was a '73 primer gray Chevelle, the passenger seat would lean into the driver seat if you took a sharp right turn...the floor board was rusted through..if ya dropped a quarter on the floor...you had a new view of the road below. I had to fill it up to drive 20 miles, and would stay buzzed on the gas fumes....the one time I got it above 60 mph on the interstate...the rear window blew out...I paid $25 dollars for it because it didnt have a title...sold it for parts and made about $400!!! Not a bad first car..the key wasnt bent and the antenna wasnt broken, but the radio was missing!!

My first car was a Light Brown '77 Ford Mercury Marquis (it was a yr older than me)- my grandparents gave it to me. I had the biggest car in my high school- my WHOLE Volleyball team (14 people) got in for a joy ride to Sonic one time before Practice. It was called the "Big Burrito"- my favorite part about it was the headlights- they flipped opened and closed. :)
Good Memories

My first car was a 1968 turquoise mustang with white interior. My older brother bought it for himself for $1500 in 1973. He hated the car because it was a measly 6 cylinder. When he pulled into the driveway with it I told my parents I love that car. A few months later when my brother found another car with more horsepower to satisfy his manly image my parents took possession of the mustang and set it aside for me to drive when I turned 16 two yrs later.

My first car was a 1968 Chevy Nova 4 door with a 250 straight six and a 2 speed automatic transmission. An old lady bought it and drove it a year, then had it put into storage until I bought it and took it out in 1975. It was in mint condition right down to the tires. I drove that car until 1981 when I got my first new car. The Nova had a bad starter solenoid and I couldn't afford a new one, so I kept a really long screwdriver in the car in case I had to short out the starter to get it going. That was a great car. Boy do I wish I still had it.

With all of the truck talk going on in another thread...I thought this might be a fun topic. What was the first car/truck/POJ (piece of junk) you drove?

My first POJ was a OLD Mazda rx-7 when I was 16

First car I drove was my Aunt's 1959 Plymouth Fury with the push button auto tranny. That was when I was around 14 and on my Grandfather's farm and then on some country gravel roads, never on the actual highway.

I then drove after I got my license a 1959 or 1960 Opal station wagon and the first car I actually bought in college and had in my name after I turned 21 was a 1959 Triumph TR-10 which was replaced the next year with a 1960 Chevy Impala. In the last 37 years after getting married we have had a 1965 Chevy Malibu (my wife's car and sold the 60 Chevy), 1968 Grand Prix, 1959 MG Midget, 1973 Pontiac Grandville (first new car), 1978 Ford E-250 Conversion Van (new), 1980 Toyoto Tercel (new one and only purely commuter car), 1985 Volvo station wagon (new), 1985 and 1988 Pontiac Bonneville (my dad's trade in cars), and now we have a 2001 E-350 Ford Van (new) and a 2001 Chrysler Sebring (used). We're still driving the 1988 Pontiac Bonneville beater car with 93K miles on it. I've always put well over 100K miles on the vehicles I bought new.

Larry

1967 Ford Mustang. It belonged to my Aunt, and sat in her backyard for several years before my dad and Brother and I rescued it and brought it back to life.

Posting for dh...

His first car was a 72 Corona. It had a rusted out floor. He said the master cylinder leaked so bad that he had to keep a bottle of Crisco in the car to fill it up (much cheaper than break fluid :laughing: ). He sold that one and got an International Scout. He said it was ugly green, all metal and always had the top off. If it rained, he'd towel off the seat, take off and the rain would run out of it. :rotfl:

Humble beginnings I tell ya...

1981 VW Quantum....I called it The Prince. I got it, had never learned to drive stick at this point...taught myself from Maryland to North Carolina!

1976 Ford Granada. 302 with 3 on the floor. Every time my friends got in they couldn't believe it was a 3 speed. It was my grandparents car new and they started buying Buick Regals for years after that one. I got my only speeding ticket of my life in that car. 67 in a 45. I told the State Trooper if he could get it to go 67 I'd sign the ticket. Went to court and got it dropped. The only time it ran good was after changing the plugs. It would roast the tires until it got a few miles on it. It was that burnt orange color btw. I drove it til it blew one night and then went and got a new Ford F-150 4x4.

The first car I had was a 1972 Toyota Carina. Although I was riding a motorcycle a year before I got that car in 1976.

1973 Toyota Corolla Mark III

It's like the one in the background in this picture:
918.jpg

This was my second car:
384503.jpg

1990 Dodge Daytona, ES w turbo.. red w silver trim and snowflake rims..

1 yr later Mini Van w turbo engine... drove it to the dealer in 98 w over 200 thousand miles pulled our popup all over the US.

traded in for 98 dodge ram slt.. Bought a 05 Dodge Hemi quad cab w employee pricing.. Dh sold the 98, and now drives a geo tracker, which was given to him, thus giving us one mode of transport that is economical..

I think the smart cars are cute... if only they had hemi's :rotfl2:

My first was was a 88 3/4 ton chevy 4x4 with 5" lift and 33x12.50 mud grip's and one heck of a built motor. 120mph was no problem. Muddy rice fields, corn fields
river banks, and the beach was all part of a nightly good time. (me and my buddies would pray for rain):banana:

First car i drove on a reg basis was the family car. A 1976 Chev Malibu 305.
The first car I owned was a 1978 VW Rabbit. 1.8l Wabbitt injected lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter