• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Trivial things annoy you about people?

Far and away the worst is people who enter a place and then stop just inside the doorway to read a map/get their bearings/look at their event tickets/figure out why they are there in the first place, or whatever it is they're doing. Double-vexing if it's a group. :furious: Step off to the side, people - step off to the side!!!

There is a reason people do this, like at Disney. It's because they have just entered a new and potentially unfamiliar area. Their immediate reaction in their brain is to get their bearings. Of course, they should step out of the doorway, but it's like this automatic response to being "lost." A lot of us Disney pros are never lost, but for a first-timer, they may need that map. This can apply anywhere of course - a doorway is a transition from one area to another.

People who cry over very trivial things. As I have expressed in other threads, I have Asperger's, ASD and ADHD, so I deal with emotions very differently than nuero-typical people. I cannot stand when people cry over things that to me seem very trivial and not worth crying over. The way I look at it is "If crying does not change the situation or provide a solution or help in any constructive way, than it is not necessary" Needless to say my daughter and I have clashed about this as she cried at the drop of a hat, almost daily, for no reason at all as she grew up. My lack of empathy and struggling to understand why she was crying, was very frustrating for both of us. She is grown up now and cries a lot less or maybe she just keeps it from me. This last statement is an example of how it can be heartbreaking for all parties dealing with someone with an ASD.

In my head the bottom of handbags are dirty and covered in germs. Maybe it’s a me thing, but I don’t like suitcases/overnight bags on beds or anything like that. They have sat on a lot of floors.
I wouldn’t like a hat on the table either, partly because of germs but also because in my little corner of Wales, we superstitiously believe that shoes or hats on a table invites death.
I took my dad to a VA doctor appointment. I sat my purse on the floor beside my chair. The nurse gasped and said to never sit your purse on the floor, especially in a hospital. I’ve been careful about that ever since.

Saying ‘mad’ instead of ‘angry’…my HS English taught us that ‘dogs go mad, people get angry’….and misusing they’re, their and there…

People who stand right in front of the elevator door while waiting for it to arrive. I'm trying to get out and they are blocking my way trying to get on. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the person getting off of the elevator has the "right of way". You can wait for the elevator without standing up against the door.

I took my dad to a VA doctor appointment. I sat my purse on the floor beside my chair. The nurse gasped and said to never sit your purse on the floor, especially in a hospital. I’ve been careful about that ever since.
At one time, my brother was the head of housekeeping at a hospital. I can tell you that they took sanitation and the cleaning of floors VERY seriously. There were regulatory inspections and the fines would have been extremely expensive.

I use either a cane or a scooter after breaking my t-12 and snapping my ACL in two.

What I hate more than anything is when I’m in a store using my cane and somebody looks directly at me….literally makes eye contact…before mowing me over and then says, “I’m so sorry.”

Also, when using a scooter, especially at Disneyland (I live in Anaheim, so I go a lot), people will jump right in front of me. Again, they often look right at me before doing it. The constant jerking from saving people from their stupidity causes my back to hurt so much that I sometimes have to leave the parks early.

My daughter and I recently noticed that it’s always adults. Never kids or teenagers. Kids will look and stop. It’s as though they have some kind of built in empathy. It’s the adults who push through a person struggling to walk with a cane or jump in front of a wheelchair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter