What trendy, over used, look at me I'm so witty phrases annoy you?

One phrase (not witty or trendy, however) that I've caught myself using too much is "long story short...".

As my wife likes to point out, many times when I use the phrase, I'm not actually cutting the story short. :hyper2:

Gotta admit, it's been a little eye opening to find out how DIS friendly it is to malign women while people have so many sensitivities over so many other trivial phrases.

Mine is "living the dream". A guy I work with will answer the phone and it's obvious the client is asking "how are you?" and he always replies "living the dream"......hey dumb a$$ don't you know that really means you aren't happy with what your doing. :rolleyes:
Maybe he does.

The use of hashtags. It looks silly to me to read it #havingagreatday or #awesomeday, etc. instead of saying I'm having a great day or It's an awesome day

Bae

All the wine phrases out there..I don't mind a glass or wine every now and then but I don't need household items and t-shirts and work out clothes, etc with it on there.

Outside of the context of Instagram and Twitter?
Oh no sorry I meant when you're using it on social media or when it's on material things that are referencing how it's used on social media. For example one of my best friends uses it on nearly every single Facebook post for nearly every single thing..and she'll do the longer ones too like #wokupwrongsideofbed #wanttogobacktosleep #ihateconstruction #toocoldtogoout And that was in just 1 post of hers a couple weeks ago.

Love to see Jordan & Keegan setting folks straight. ;)

Communication is simply that. I spread the same message of the article to youth- speak how you will, but be able to flash the vocabulary/grammar when necessary.

Personally I love slang and seeing language evolve. Fascinates me. It's meant to be personal, fluid, adaptable. You can tell a culture's priorities/values by how many words there are for a thing/idea/etc.

Love the mental floss lists of words we don't have the equivalent of in English. To quote the great gonzo, "there's not a word yet for old friends who've just met."

Oh no sorry I meant when you're using it on social media or when it's on material things that are referencing how it's used on social media. For example one of my best friends uses it on nearly every single Facebook post for nearly every single thing..and she'll do the longer ones too like #wokupwrongsideofbed #wanttogobacktosleep #ihateconstruction #toocoldtogoout And that was in just 1 post of hers a couple weeks ago.

A former coworker of mine is getting married here soon, he is right around 30 I think. A few weeks ago he posted on facebook asking people to help them with an important wedding dilemma they were having.....they hadn't decided on their wedding hashtag yet. He offered up three or four choices and asked us to vote on which one was best. I rolled my eyes so hard. I thought they were all stupid but then I think hashtagging is stupid in and of itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter