What size Tumbler?

I always purchase Trevis-like tumblers at the Dollar store and then I can just throw them out after the cruise instead of lugging them back home...more room for souvenirs. And I don't care if I lose or damage them

And watch out for sunscreen on them. Maybe buy handles ahead of time (they don't sell them onboard) for both sizes (16 oz and 24 oz, I think, are the size tumblers they have onboard) and use them so you don't permanently haze what you just bought. (like I did) If you don't know what I'm talking about, look on the Tervis site for the sunscreen issues.

THANKS for the tips! I don't know what you mean about handles and sunscreen so I'll be sure to look in to it!

Sorry, not sure why I didn't lay it out before.

http://www.tervis.com/use-care

I typically use Coppertone Sport. I had just put it on myself and DS, and I was holding my 2013 tumbler (so kindly purchased and mailed to me by a Dis'er b/c I had snoozed and "losed" on the first cruise) during a walk through the park at home. When I got home, there was a haze where my hand had been. It doesn't come off. At all.

Even though Tervis warns against it, they do help out with their guarantee. They told me that they could *try* to fix it but it wasn't guaranteed. (if you buy a normal Tervis they just replace it) I've been told here that they would just basically dismantle it and put the wrap into another cup, which sounds totally simple, but that's not how they explained it to me, and I declined.

I started using Hawaiian Tropic 30spf this summer and on ONE occasion (unthinkingly) used my Tervis after applying the sunscreen and did not find a haze.

Your mileage with those specific sunscreens might vary!

My 2014 tervis was damaged by the sunscreen and I didn't know before hand. I sent it back for repairs, and even selected the "I want it back if you can't fix it box" and they didn't send it back but a generic Disney one. I was not happy. Their website actually gives their recommendations for which chemicals in sunscreens cause the damage to the tervis. I had family pick up a new DCL mug for me undated the last time they cruised. Nice, but still not the same. And another $24 gone. :faint:

I always purchase Trevis-like tumblers at the Dollar store and then I can just throw them out after the cruise instead of lugging them back home...more room for souvenirs. And I don't care if I lose or damage them

Agreed. Just get the largest ones you feel comfortable buying. The dollar store has plenty of options. I also carry on cup holders from Chick fil A (they fold flat) so i can carry everyone's drinks at the same time. Etsy also has some really nice ones.

I have a 24oz Bubba Envy cup - I've never liked tumblers / insulated cups before, but I used this a lot on the cruise and continue to use it at home.

Here are some others Tervis from the Disney ships from the last year or so. I love the Tervis tumblers and try to buy one each trip. They have small ones and the 24 oz. ones. Some designs are either one size or the other.

DSCF1790 (800x600).jpg DSCF1792 (800x600).jpg DSCF1793 (800x600).jpg DSCF1803 (800x600).jpg DSCF1795 (800x600).jpg DSCF1796 (800x600).jpg DSCF1803 (800x600).jpg 2014-09-01 19.41.32.jpg 2014-09-01 19.41.17.jpg blue strip tervis.jpg

Here are some others Tervis from the Disney ships from the last year or so. I love the Tervis tumblers and try to buy one each trip. They have small ones and the 24 oz. ones. Some designs are either one size or the other.

View attachment 122975 View attachment 122976 View attachment 122977 View attachment 122978 View attachment 122980 View attachment 122981 View attachment 122982 View attachment 122983 View attachment 122984 View attachment 122985
We were going to take our own Tervis tumblers, but after seeing these pics, maybe we will just take our handles and get these as souvenirs.

I take my large Tervis water bottle every time I travel. The water bottles have the hook on the top you can easily hold on to.
When I leave my house I cram all the ice I possibly can in it. As I go through airport security, I drink the melted liquid so by the time I actually go through TSA, I am left with only ice - which is a solid and allowed vs liquid.
On the cruise itself, I use the DCL cups to fill my bottle and it works perfectly!
Now, I did not realize they now had so many new DCL designs. Pretty sure i am going to buy every one of the 24 oz cups.

Not sure I will be bringing mine on board anymore since I won't be making any mixed drinks in my room. LOL

I take my large Tervis water bottle every time I travel. The water bottles have the hook on the top you can easily hold on to.
When I leave my house I cram all the ice I possibly can in it. As I go through airport security, I drink the melted liquid so by the time I actually go through TSA, I am left with only ice - which is a solid and allowed vs liquid.
On the cruise itself, I use the DCL cups to fill my bottle and it works perfectly!
Now, I did not realize they now had so many new DCL designs. Pretty sure i am going to buy every one of the 24 oz cups.

Guy in London tried the ice thing at the airport and didn't make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter