What rides have you been stuck on or evacuated from?

Our one and only- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the HELL portion, about 10-15 feet from the exit, lol. Folks, it gets downright STEAMY in hell if you sit there more than a few seconds.

We were evacuated from Alice in Wonderland this last trip. I've experienced a ride break down before but never had to be evacuated. We were already out the last door and almost to the point of exiting the ride anyway, so it wasn't that exciting.
Alice in Wonderland: it stopped when we were still on the outside leaf part and just about to enter the final room. A CM came by and said we couldn't be walked off the ride since we were technically outside and we would need the fire department to evacuate us. Thankfully they got the ride going long enough to finish and get us to the end.
They must have changed the policy because this breakdown a CM walked a family from the leaf down through the ride. Jeez I couldn't imagine having to wait for the fire department! I'd hope they'd compensate guests for all the lost time!

Still havent managed an evacuation but I did get stuck on my June trip in Radiator Springs Racers. I was a single rider in a car and we had just left the paint room and were just about to get our racing partner car when the ride stopped. All the animatronics and audio stopped and they had announcements every so often to stay in the cars. After about 15 minutes we got going and finished the ride.

At the end, the loading cm said we could stay on and go again.

Mr Toad's Wild Ride. Right in front of the judge. Also got stuck on the hill on BTMRR. Really odd too because I was with my cousin's husband, who is a doctor and he was at UC Irvine Medical Center when the kid who lost part of a foot went to the ER. He showed me the modification the made so that feet wouldn't just stick out.

Also got stuck on Tower of Terror. Got to see how ridiculously detailed they made it, even in areas which are usually a blur. There was a nice touch in that the safety message was kind of an eerie horror movie style announcement.

Rise of the Resistance -- it was a seatbelt failure in one of the pods, we had to go through the wall, down a dark hallway, into the other pod loading area.

Kudos to the CMs for being completely in character. One of the guests asked, "Are we going through the wall to the other loading area?" and the rebel CM acted surprised like (paraphrasing), "What do you mean other area? Do you have more information about the station layout?"

I laughed, it was kinda fun.

I've never been evacuated from any ride at any Disney Park. I wonder if that makes me lucky or unlucky haha 🤔 :rotfl:

AT WDW: Toy Story Mania. I was surprised that the ride doors were locked and we had to wait for about 15 minutes for someone to unlock them and lead us out. The walk out was fun to see the back side of the ride area though. I guess I've been lucky that that's the only one we experienced. We haven't been back since 2020 so there's that. It seems like a lot of rides break down now at WDW every day!

I've never been evacuated from any ride at any Disney Park. I wonder if that makes me lucky or unlucky haha 🤔 :rotfl:
Maybe a little of both?.... It's interesting to be evac'ed (lucky), but sitting there listening to people complain, and the wasted time are unlucky! Thankfully my last evacuation I was in a beehive with other Disney fanatics, so we were all cheering and telling the CMs to take their time. However when we were on iasw for a little bit they didn't turn the music off for like 7 minutes. ... My grandson begged to not go on that ride the rest of the trip! 🤣 "it's a world of hope and fears" for 7 minutes. A world of fears was right-- kinda concerned that the dolls would sing forever and maybe come alive to sing us to death!

Stuck on Avatar for about 10-15 minutes and that confined/bent forward position gets uncomfortable pretty quickly! Also (a long time ago) got stuck at the top of Spaceship earth and had to walk down LOTS of stairs to get back to ground level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter