what others rave about and you just dont get it

Landscape of Flavors and AOA in general. It was cute but nowhere near worth the hype.

New Test Track. It was neat getting to design your own car but not worth all the hype about how amazing the new ride is.

The tiki room show, i'm one of the few who perferred the under new management version. That is the one i have my earliest memories of.

Grand Fiesta tour. I feel that the new verison of this ride is missing a quality to it. The old one was engaging and a classic and I was devastated when they got rid of it. My whole family loved the song from it and still sing it from time to time (just the medley since we don't know the words). That ride is part of my childhood and I can't get my head around its replacement and accept it.

Main Street Cinnamon Rolls!!!!! I had one a year ago and I only had a couple of bites before I threw it away. It was dry, didn't have much of a cinnamon flavor (or really any flavor) and just all around horrible. My mom who shared it with me felt the same exact way. It was disappointing because I had been reading about and looking forward to this dessert for months and then it ended up being a big flop. That is probably the most overrated snack ever!!!!!

While I did enjoy beaches and cream I do think it is every so slightly overrated.

School Bread is another one that I don't get the hype over but I will admit that i'm not a fan of actual coconut (however I do like coconut flavored stuff like pina coladas).

I'm not a big fan of rose and crown either but that doesn't seem very hyped other than the view which is worth the hype so i will leave it alone.

My mom would add via napoli to this list as well but I personally loved it and think it is totally worth the hype.

For the most part though I am very pleased with Disney Dining and don't have alot on my overrated list.

AmberHeartsDisney said:
Duffy the creepy Disney bear LOL

With you on that- he IS kind of creepy- I think you have to be a 16 year old Japanese girl to 'get' Duffy. (he's huge at Tokyo DL apparently) I just ain't his demographic!

Marble cupcake at starring rolls
the caramel place in epcot. those cupcakes were horrible.

TSM

Cute, would be nice without all the strategies and planning to get to the ride and/or get a FP, but the time we save in the park and the other things we get to do (over and over at RD) by skipping this are better uses of our time. I'd probably make more effort if there was less hype about absolutely having to ride it. Even with FP, it takes forever and a day to get from the entrance to the loading area. Glad we've done it a couple of times but I'd never go to any trouble for it.

First of all, my 5 yr old loves Duffy. She even got a Duffy pin (collects, not trades).

What doesn't do it for me:

*Turkey legs

*Adult pin trading. There are SOME creepy people out there - I used to be a CM at the local Disney Store about 15 years ago. We would have interesting guests from time to time , including one known as Pin Man because he would come in covered in pins. It was pretty new at the time. But anyway, he would corner CMs and talk to them incessantly about pins, and sometimes, the store mgr would have to rescue the CM. Turned me off of pins for a long time, although I now have a small collection. Some of the traders I see remind me of Pin Man.

*Animal Kingdom - half day tops for us

*All the DVC kiosks. Yeah, we got it. Don't need a kiosk every 10 feet.

- Resort Hopping. Unless you are going to a resort to eat, or scouting for a future possible stay, seems like a waste of a vacation day.

- Deluxe Resorts. Ridiculously overpriced. They can't hold a candle to deluxe resorts outside of WDW. Unless I had mountains of disposable income, I wouldn't even stay one night. In fact I was shocked to see how high the price of the "value" resorts has risen for the high seasons. Where's the value?

- "Interactive" Parades. Sorry, but I have no interest in seeing parades come to a stop, and guests becoming part of the entertainment.

- Relying solely on WDW buses to get around because "I'm on vacation and want to relax, and leave the driving to somebody else". Nothing worse than ending a long park day on a bus with wall to wall tired sweaty people. Also, bus service to/from DTD is below average at best.

- A large percentage of food at Disney is chain restaurant quality at best. Yet I have to read constantly about how the food is "yummy", and things like "this was the best steak I ever had!!". You really need to branch out from Ponderosa and Outback.

labattblue said:
- Resort Hopping. Unless you are going to a resort to eat, or scouting for a future possible stay, seems like a waste of a vacation day.

- Deluxe Resorts. Ridiculously overpriced. They can't hold a candle to deluxe resorts outside of WDW. Unless I had mountains of disposable income, I wouldn't even stay one night. In fact I was shocked to see how high the price of the "value" resorts has risen for the high seasons. Where's the value?

- "Interactive" Parades. Sorry, but I have no interest in seeing parades come to a stop, and guests becoming part of the entertainment.

- Relying solely on WDW buses to get around because "I'm on vacation and want to relax, and leave the driving to somebody else". Nothing worse than ending a long park day on a bus with wall to wall tired sweaty people. Also, bus service to/from DTD is below average at best.

- A large percentage of food at Disney is chain restaurant quality at best. Yet I have to read constantly about how the food is "yummy", and things like "this was the best steak I ever had!!". You really need to branch out from Ponderosa and Outback.

I have to respond....

I agree about the parades. In fact, the only one we go to is Spectromagic. Parades are opportunities to ride stuff w/o a wait.

We hardly take buses anymore. They take forever, and at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is wait In a line watching 2 or 3 buses leave for my resort when I'm exhausted. we drive, so we can hop right in the car...no wait.

The resorts. This is difficult for me, because I'm a resort junkie. I llooovvve all the theming and feeling that Disney atmosphere all the time. However, I completely agree that deluxe resorts, as much as I love them, are highly overpriced. I've always wanted to stay at GF or PR. But, I just can't relinquish $3000 or so for a room. If we had free dining, I might be able to swing it, but it's too much to pay. I'd rather spend it on souvenirs.

Pin Trading:confused3

You purchase a pin trading package or get pins off EBAY, etc to trade w/ CM. So you start with say 10 pins and end w/ 10 different pins. Then you purchase more pins to trade them. Why not just purchase the pins you want? No trading required.

Cynt said:
Pin Trading:confused3

You purchase a pin trading package or get pins off EBAY, etc to trade w/ CM. So you start with say 10 pins and end w/ 10 different pins. Then you purchase more pins to trade them. Why not just purchase the pins you want? No trading required.

I just buy the ones I want. My kids like the hunt! LOL

It is interesting that what some love others do not. I guess that's what makes the world interesting.

Love: Disney's Very Merry Christmas Party, Soarin, Downtown Disney, Winnie the Pooh, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Muppets 3D, Animal Kingdom, Toy Story Mania...

We have not been in ten years but are staying at the Wilderness Lodge this December.

Things I can live without: Jungle Cruise, The Great Movie Ride, Mad Hatter Tea Party

My list might be different after our stay.

We did Soarin at Disneyland.

I look forward to trying the restaurants. I've never been to any of them. I'm one of those apparently tasteless people who enjoys a lot of chain restaurants so I'll probably love a lot of WDW places. :)

Main Street Cinnamon Rolls!!!!! I had one a year ago and I only had a couple of bites before I threw it away. It was dry, didn't have much of a cinnamon flavor (or really any flavor) and just all around horrible. My mom who shared it with me felt the same exact way. It was disappointing because I had been reading about and looking forward to this dessert for months and then it ended up being a big flop. That is probably the most overrated snack ever!!!!!

Totally agree :crazy2:

Illuminations. It's REALLY boring and it doesn't really make sense.

As for Fantasmic, I think DL's version of Fantasmic is 100x better and I think it's because of the viewing distance. There's no stadium for Fantasmic as at DHS, it's right on the Rivers of America and you're really close to all the action. In DHS, I feel you really need binoculars to see the characters.

Turkey Legs for me as well.. they just look gross and people eating them tend to look like cannibals. (They don't sell these in WDW, but I feel the same way about people who pay $6 for a giant pickle and eat that while walking around)

Oh, no!!! Two of my favorites - Illuminations and Fantasmic!! But, I do agree with the Turkey Legs - those springy tendons make me nauseous!!

I hate to admit this...BUT....I didn't like MNSSHP :confused3 We went for the first time this past year with my DS (8) and DD(3.5). It was VERY crowded, much more crowded then when we went during the day. We waited over an hour to get on the Haunted Mansion and the trick or treat lines were far too long. We also found the parade just "Meh". I know most people love it, but it just wasn't "it" for us. We're going back to WDW this coming October and both kids requested not going to MNSSHP this year. Maybe we'll try it again when they are older.

Illuminations definitely needs an update...

I have seen alot of people say they don't like illuminations and I'm really surprised!!! My family and I LOVE illuminations and plan our EPCOT days around it. I get that different people like different things so I don't think you are wrong in not liking it. I'm just curious about why and what you think would improve it. It is a more subtle show so if you aren't as into things that aren't obviously disney or full of technological tricks then illuminations probably isn't best for you.

Now this next one isn't about your post but it is about something alot of people found overrated and that is Soarin. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say they don't like Soarin. In fact people usually rave about it and I have never ridden soarin when people don't clap loudly when it is over and rave about it on the way out. Can people please explain why they don't like this ride or how it could be better because I think most people would be flabbergasted (myself included) with hearing so many negative reviews of the ride and not understand where the problem with the ride is. I personally LOVE soarin and think it is totally worth all the hype!!!! If i didn't have a rule against waiting in long lines to ride something when I could just ride single rider or get a fastpass I would wait in the 90 minute waits for soarin because it is that amazing!!!!

There isn't much for me, really. I'm not sure about Peter Pan...the wait is usually so long and the ride is so short. Don't get me wrong, it's a cute ride, but I'm not sure why people flock to it like they do. On the fence about AK. I feel like we can do it in half a day so we only usually go if we have a park hopper...and sometimes not even then! I think it is the prettiest park though.

I agree!!! I forgot about that one in my original post but it is sooo overrated!!!!! I like to ride it if the timing is right but if the timing is never right I don't have any problem skipping the ride!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter