What one and only ride would you buy an ILL on?

None. I've ridden all of them many times and never once bought a ILL. I just depends on how many park days you have, what time of year you are going and if you have PHs. I was there in mid-April this year and rode almost every ride in every park over a 6 1/2 park day trip, no Genie+ or ILLs and didn't wait in line longer than 45 min. for any ride. I was also there in August in 2022 and almost every ride was a walk on, the longest I waited was 30 min. and that was for something weird and not one of the big hitters. I find PHs make it easier as you can just do your reservation park in the morning, hop to another later in the day and not really worry about it since you are going to have more than one day in every park.

I $$$ for tron since I didn’t get into the 7am drop and I knew I wouldn’t be there late enough if I made the 1pm drop it will definitely be a one & done ( well unless my sister doesn’t get a chance to ride before November and we miss out on a VQ on our W&D trip)

If I could only pick one - it would be Tron

None. I've ridden all of them many times and never once bought a ILL. I just depends on how many park days you have, what time of year you are going and if you have PHs. I was there in mid-April this year and rode almost every ride in every park over a 6 1/2 park day trip, no Genie+ or ILLs and didn't wait in line longer than 45 min. for any ride. I was also there in August in 2022 and almost every ride was a walk on, the longest I waited was 30 min. and that was for something weird and not one of the big hitters. I find PHs make it easier as you can just do your reservation park in the morning, hop to another later in the day and not really worry about it since you are going to have more than one day in every park.
For me and my job, it is less expensive for me to be in the parks 3-4 days (less ticket and hotel costs), and just buy the ILLs to save time. I am a physician who owns my own practice, so when I am away from my practice, I make no money and still have to pay my staff (paid vacation does not exist in this model!). That said, time is very expensive for me, so I am willing to pay a premium to save time in the parks and shave days off of the trip. For others, they may have paid vacation so the calculation is much different for them.

They’ve set up an extended outside queue area and polled guests on which they prefer (VQ or standby). I don’t know when it’ll happen but they certainly seem to be planning for a switch.
And I even saw a vlog where it was covered with some type of umbrellas. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens soon.

For me and my job, it is less expensive for me to be in the parks 3-4 days (less ticket and hotel costs), and just buy the ILLs to save time. I am a physician who owns my own practice, so when I am away from my practice, I make no money and still have to pay my staff (paid vacation does not exist in this model!). That said, time is very expensive for me, so I am willing to pay a premium to save time in the parks and shave days off of the trip. For others, they may have paid vacation so the calculation is much different for them.
Yep, it depends on each individuals circumstances, even how often you go would make a difference. I'm retired, have an AP (out of state one) and have been going at least every other year since 1983. For the last ten years I've been going at least once a year and more often than not, twice or even 3 or 4 times a year. I live within 7 hours driving distance. I'm able to go any time of the year so can go in the times when it's less busy. I do take short 4 day trips and even on those don't buy Genie+ or ILLs. I know I'll be back in the near future so if I don't ride something, it's no big deal. We have never been ride centric, even when my son was younger and we were only going once every two years and we were sharing Happy Meals for me to save the money for us to go. We have never tried to ride as many rides as we could and since we started going before there was any kind of line skipping option, we just stood in line.

FoP. I have no desire to stand in that queue.
This is the same for us. Even at the end of the day the posted wait time was 180 minutes (I know its inflated but still). Its our favourite ride so its so worth it, especially since we wouldnt buy Genie+ for AK.

I mean we had 10 park days last month and still bought ILLs and G+ every day we went into them. 7DMT is the only ILL we didn't buy. Because I hate waiting at all. The VQ lines were the only ones I really stood in and even those felt interminable to me at 35-40 minutes, but I sucked it up just to be able to ride Tron and GotG repeatedly. I just really, really hate lines and consider the extra cost an ADHD tax no matter how long the trip is. Back in the FP+ days I never did standby for anything that let me skip it.

tbh paid skip works even better for parkhopping the way we like to tour, we are midday break people so rope dropping the AM park while LL stacking for the evening park, and booking ILL for the morning in one park so we avoid the rope drop craziness and booking the other for our evening park is great. I'm going for a short Labor Day weekend solo trip and plan on doing that again since I have way less time.

So my husband will say GOTG but I'd say ROTR. I've been burned by the standby wait and that ride shutting down and not restarting at the end of the night. We had "entered" the ride so had qualified for an anytime LL. But you could wait an hour, not be "on the ride" and then have to decide whether to stay in line in the event it's a quick restart or abandon ship and waste the hour you waited.

Upside, I did get to cross "evacuated via backstage through ROTR" off my bucket list?

I would do Tron. I like my days planned and having a VQ is just a big old ? in my MK day. I do not relax when I’m worried about making VQ window.

I’d be inclined to rope drop FoP, those theaters hold a lot of people so when not competing with ILLs in that first 30 mins the line should move quicker. Haven’t tried it since ‘21 though so can’t say for sure. I like ROTR last thing at night, the wait time is always inflated and once the park closes no ILL to compete with so the line really gets moving. Tron over GOTG because GOTG lets you return whenever after your group is called.

I would do Tron. I like my days planned and having a VQ is just a big old ? in my MK day. I do not relax when I’m worried about making VQ window.

I’d be inclined to rope drop FoP, those theaters hold a lot of people so when not competing with ILLs in that first 30 mins the line should move quicker. Haven’t tried it since ‘21 though so can’t say for sure. I like ROTR last thing at night, the wait time is always inflated and once the park closes no ILL to compete with so the line really gets moving. Tron over GOTG because GOTG lets you return whenever after your group is called.
I'm with you. After experiencing Rise VQ back in the day where you just walked on when your group was called, I hated Tron VQ, it made the day so much more stressful than it needed to be wondering when I was getting called. GOTG was just annoying because of the line, but at least they let you come whenever.

FOP ILL is purely a quality of life decision to me. That's one I would buy every single time just because of what a nightmare it is to rope drop even on "low" crowd days. I cannot tell you how stress free it was not worrying about getting out early enough to be at the front of the pack at EE last month, and just casually waltzing past the running of the banshees and walking onto Navi and having a chill start to the morning. Probably the only worse rope drop to me is the Mine Train shuffle and only then because you're usually dodging strollers. The only way I'd skip paying for FOP is if I got in line right at the end of the night. I rope dropped in the reopening era when there was no FP+ and no G+ yet and i am good for the rest of my life on that.

I like ROTR last thing at night, the wait time is always inflated
I don't recommend this unless you're ok with rolling the dice on it not working. There were some people in line with us who were leaving the next day, and the ride didn't restart. It's a good strategy if you have another day you can hop back over to DHS, but if you're on one park per day tickets, the ride is too unreliable.

We will probably do Tron, GoG and Rise. Will do Rise just because of the possible downtime. 🙄🙄

For me, Guardians and FOP. The past few times I've been on Rise of the Resistance, many of the effects were not working and I couldn't imagine paying the money for a lesser experience. I also wouldn't pay for Tron as I don't think the ride is worth $20 but that's just me.

Is it possible to book G+ and ILL on your My Disney Experience account? Or is it just with the app?

Also, how long do you tend to wait in line with a paid ILL? I've heard that the boarding groups might have you waiting for 40 minutes.

Thanks!

I don't recommend this unless you're ok with rolling the dice on it not working. There were some people in line with us who were leaving the next day, and the ride didn't restart. It's a good strategy if you have another day you can hop back over to DHS, but if you're on one park per day tickets, the ride is too unreliable.
Good point! If you have one day and it’s a must do ILL is a better bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter