What one and only ride would you buy an ILL on?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I understand why FoP is one attraction that is generally a good choice to buy an ILL for, unless you are sooo close to the front of rope drop, but are there any others?

What other rides do you REALLY need to be at the front of the pack to avoid an hour or more wait when they release the masses?

I understand why FoP is one attraction that is generally a good choice to buy an ILL for, unless you are sooo close to the front of rope drop, but are there any others?

What other rides do you REALLY need to be at the front of the pack to avoid an hour or more wait when they release the masses?
There are currently 5 rides available with ILL$. However, Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy are the 2 that don’t have a traditional stand by line, therefore, you can’t rope drop them in the traditional sense . You either buy the ILL or get entered into the Virtual Queue. And since those are the only 2 chances to ride, and they’re the 2 newest rides, you might as well do both, enter the VQ and buy the ILL$

We bought ILL for Tron, Guardians and FOP.

Probably didn’t need to do guardians though. I just wanted to pick the time because we had dining reservations.

The only ILL we've ever bought was for my DS to get an extra ride on GotG. But we've been lucky enough to get VGs for it and Tron.
We always rope drop FoP, or last few trips, end the night with it. Same for Rise, either rope drop, or get in line end of night. Like FoP, Rise also has a huge amount of people heading there at rope drop. We weren't in the head of pack last year for FoP, and it took longer than usual, but still waited less than an hour.
if we had very limited time, like each park not having its own day, we'd probably consider buying more

Last edited:
It’s really dependent on your priorities and honestly you could rope drop all of them, but in terms of the three ILL rides that DONT have VQs, I’d probably get a Rise ILL if i wanted to avoid standby and hadn’t done it yet. It’s less stable and although it hasn’t happened to me, I feel like the worst thing that could happen is waiting on that line and having them shut it down for one issue or another. ILL gets you in quickly when it’s up and if it happens to be down they’ll give you an opportunity to return when it’s back running.

It’s really dependent on your priorities and honestly you could rope drop all of them, but in terms of the three ILL rides that DONT have VQs, I’d probably get a Rise ILL if i wanted to avoid standby and hadn’t done it yet. It’s less stable and although it hasn’t happened to me, I feel like the worst thing that could happen is waiting on that line and having them shut it down for one issue or another. ILL gets you in quickly when it’s up and if it happens to be down they’ll give you an opportunity to return when it’s back running.
Yes, that has run through my mind.

Our family was at wdw in April. We tried Virtual ques for GofG, Tron, we did FoP at each rope drop and EMH. We did LL for Rise, GoG, Troy, FoP & 7DMT over our 7 days. We did it all. There were 6 of us. It was pricey, but I valued the time we saved in line. Interesting, when you do a Virtual Que for any of the two available, the virtual que line is the standby line. You can wait 70 minutes in the virtual que line, but will zip though the lightning lane in 10 to 15 min. You can do both in the same day amd we always did. We hot wdw once every 5 years, so we made rhe most of everything, maximized our time on rides, minimized our time in line and don't regret it at all.

Our family was at wdw in April. We tried Virtual ques for GofG, Tron, we did FoP at each rope drop and EMH. We did LL for Rise, GoG, Troy, FoP & 7DMT over our 7 days. We did it all. There were 6 of us. It was pricey, but I valued the time we saved in line. Interesting, when you do a Virtual Que for any of the two available, the virtual que line is the standby line. You can wait 70 minutes in the virtual que line, but will zip though the lightning lane in 10 to 15 min. You can do both in the same day amd we always did. We hot wdw once every 5 years, so we made rhe most of everything, maximized our time on rides, minimized our time in line and don't regret it at all.
Great point.

By next January do you think GotG will still have a VQ?
I honestly thought the VQ for GotG would be done by now, whether they did away with it when Tron came out or just because it ran its course and they were ready to utilize the standby line.

That being said, there were new outdoor queue posts and other things added recently and several people who knew someone that worked there all said they’re not switching to standby anytime soon. That of course isn’t Disney official, so who knows.

Well we do know ..Disney is making changes to Genie+ next year.
I guess that means more Q lines will be needed to create the appearance that it has been improved.

If I was able to get a VQ for Tron and GotG, and I was only going to buy one ILL, it would be RotR. The ride is so fickle and the line can get so long.
If I couldn't get a VQ for Tron or GotG, I'd buy an ILL for GotG for sure. It's the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter