What motel/hotel did you last stay? Did you like it a lot?

I spent much of my time growing up on and IN the river. Love it! My husband's old company used to have "Family Day" at Weeki Wachee and Buccaneer Bay every year.

My girls and I have been down there a few times now, and from the first visit it just felt like a place I'd like to live. This last stay solidified it in my mind, especially since I happened to see a job listing in my field that is paying *way* more than I make now. But I have to see if DH feels the same way... It'll be years before we're ready to relocate, at least 4 and maybe as long as 8, I'm anxious to see if he'd be open to the idea as a long-term/empty-nest plan.

The Howard Johnsons on Harbor Blvd in Anaheim, 8 min walk to the Disneyland main gate. We really enjoyed our stay there. It has 2 pools, 1 of which includes a kids' water play area. The rooms were spotless. SO CLEAN! And free parking until 3 pm on your check out day. Most of the other hotels in the area charge for parking. I would totally stay there again!

Embassy Suites in Schaumburg, IL. And we will never stay there again - certainly not that specific hotel and possibly not the chain in general.

-We witnessed a confrontation in during evening social hour that was a hair away from turning violent. Obviously the confrontation was not the hotel's fault, but the staff present let the exchange go on for about 20 minutes before a manager finally stepped in and began speaking to he parties. In that 20 minutes, the tension escalated to where we thought it might become violent. The staff did manage to keep it non-violent, but had they stepped in 10-15 minutes earlier, it could have been resolved much more quietly and easily. The confrontation was blocking access to the elevators and, as you'll see below, the stairs were hard to find.
-The cleaning staff took our used towels and did not replace them. When we called later to get clean towels, we were told that you have to ask if you want replacement towels (even if the staff takes your original ones). Never heard that in a hotel before.
-Hot water literally took 20 minutes to warm up.
-When trying to checkout, we discovered that 3 of the 4 elevators were out of order and the stairs were almost inaccessible. WE finally found them, behind a giant stack of boxes and crates in a corner (they're renovating some rooms).
-When we stated our issues to the front desk, the person there looked at us and said "Okay.". When we discussed it with management, the manager said that he knew they were a bad Embassy Suites.

A bunch of little things and some not so little, but they add up. Th complete lack of caring on behalf of the staff and management was the cherry on top.

The week before Christmas we stayed in New York City at the Wyndham New Yorker. It is a nice hotel conveniently located near Penn Station and Madison Square Garden but the room was the smallest room we have ever stayed in in the city

We just spent 9 nights at The Dominick in NYC, this hotel used to carry another high profiled name until last month when it was changed. The name was put on the hotel but he didn't really own it. Because of the name we scored an amazing deal on a 5 star hotel, people weren't booking rooms. Great luck for us!
It was beautiful and clean and wonderful service!

Besides Disney hotels? :teeth:

Sailport Waterfront Suites, in Tampa Bay.

For what we paid, it was overpriced. It was almost $200 a night, and the only thing it had going for that price was the location. I think it was worth more like $85. Old apartments turned into hotel. We had a 1 bedroom "suite" (DS slept in the living room on the couch) full kitchen, living room, one bathroom. Overlooking the Bay. Was very old and run down, elevator scared us to death :scared:. Very noisy (bedroom had a huge window and was located by the room door on the open air hallway). No cleaning service for 2 nights (was fine) except towels and trash. It was a spur of the moment trip; we went to the beach and the pool and relaxed. Didn't stress about the room, but we won't stay again.

Before that was Embassy Suites* in Charleston, SC (the one attached to convention center), amazing place. Second time we were there, always a great stay. Also, a Holiday Inn in Raleigh. Nice, clean, worth what we paid, but nothing amazing.

Also, Residence Inn by Marriott Lake Nona. Very nice. Pool not great (but we didn't use); had a poor view of room/ac units, but the rest was beautiful. And so quiet. :listen: We did one night before flying out of Orlando for a trip, and I would stay again.

ETA *changed hotel to correct one.

Since I only travel for work anymore, some flavor of Marriott. And while they are perfectly nice, but all basically the same, I sometimes get confused about where I am when I wake up in the morning.

We stayed at a place called Lake N Pines Lodge, located in Interlochen, MI, just this past weekend. It’s a small place with only three units, one unit is called the Bay Chalet, second unit is called the Angler’s Nook, and the third unit is called The Nature Cottage. I would say this is a favorite place of ours to stay.

They serve a made-to-order breakfast, each day of your visit. They will either bring it to your room, or you can walk over to the main house and eat there. They offer various services, one being weddings on property. It’s in a beautiful setting, with tons of pine trees and sits next to a pretty lake. Interlochen is a small town located near Traverse City, which offers many activities including the Cherry Festivsl.

Last edited:
Homewood Suites, Phoenix, AZ.

I prefer having a separate living area and bedroom, so Homewood is generally a decent choice, and this one was pretty typical.

What motel/hotel did you last stay? Did you like it a lot?

Longemont Shanghai at the end of our China trip. Liked it a lot.

Embassy Suites near the Atlanta airport in Georgia at the end of December. It was on our drive home from WDW. It's our usual stop each way. Clean room, although the kids found a sock that wasn't ours. Free breakfast and evening reception make it even better.

Hyatt Place Nashville Airport- When we checked out, the front desk lady (who also took care of the breakfast area) came around the desk and gave us a big hug and wished us a safe flight! That was a first for us!

Hyatt Place Nashville Airport- When we checked out, the front desk lady (who also took care of the breakfast area) came around the desk and gave us a big hug and wished us a safe flight! That was a first for us!

That's sweet. :hug:

Hyatt Regency in Orlando, former Peabody. Not that impressed. It was comfy enough, but at 9PM my room wasn't ready. At 11PM it finally was, but turned out to be filthy. Half open packet of nuts, backed up toilet, spittle on the mirror, rubbish on the table...

I just stayed at Melia Braco Village in Trelawney, Jamaica. It's an all-inclusive resort that's set up to look like a small town where all the restaurants/shops/gathering areas are. It's very nice. Unfortunately, the weather was not great for the majority of the time that we were there, which I think colored my experience of the resort as a whole but the beach there was really nice, it's very spread out and the rooms were very spacious and clean. I would stay there again (and since this was part of an organized event, I might!) but I definitely preferred other places I have stayed in Jamaica to this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter