What Is Your Most Disappointing Restaurant @ WDW

Reading this thread would make anyone think there is no good food in WDW.

I personally loved my experience at Artist Point, but I will say the family sitting next to us did not, judging by how the woman was complaining and rolling her eyes.

Have never had a bad meal at the Coral Reef or Jiko. Hollywood Brown Derby is a must-do for us...absolutely fantastic.

However, I heartily toss my hat in the ring of people who say Captain Jack's was the absolute worst. Like you really want to be yakking in the porcelain trolley on your honeymoon!(as I was from 2am on). YUCK!!!!!

California Grill was also disappointing for us. Not bad, just a glorified Cheesecake Factory.

Reading this thread does make you think twice when you're making those PS!

Here's a 2nd for Chef Mickey's character breakfast and Coral Reef. Chef Mickey's was crowded, rushed, soggy pancakes, cold sausage, dried out donuts, overcooked eggs, it was gross and we never even saw a character. What a waste. Coral Reef was worse. I ordered a tuna steak, it was overcooked and dry! yuk!

I'll throw in another that hasn't been mentioned. The Princess Breakfast in Epcot. The greasy potato dish and the meat overload made me gag early in the morning.

Ours is Alfredo's in Italy at Epcot. We have tried the place three times and received TERRIBLE service every time. We know the old saying and are well beyond 'shame on me'. We will never eat there again. The food is good, the facility is beautiful, and the atmosphere is nice. Now if Disney could just get the wait staff from Le Cellier to train the Alfredo's staff!!!

I know I will probably get lots of flames but DH and I hated the bfast at Cinderella's Castle. It was horrible. The food was absolutely horrible!!!! However, we did have dinner there last trip and that was wonderful.

I have enjoyed reading this thread. It seems anyone can have a bad meal at any restaurant on any given day!

We had one day of total disappointing dining at WDW and it was a day we had so looked forward to....

Chef Mickey's :( and Tony's Town Square:crazy2:

We had such high expectations for the Chef Mickey experience and it just didn't live up to its hype. We were lead to a very out of the way table, asked to be moved, were moved to one by the swinging kitchen door (no better). Food was fair at best, character interaction was ok but just not the magical experience we hoped for. Afterward my kids (ages 8 and 11) said we didn't need to book a character meal next trip!:eek:

TTS is sub par at best. It is a pretty restaurant inside and we didn't expect perfection but the food was close to nasty IMO. We will never eat there again nor recommend it to anyone. We should have followed our plan B which was to leave MK and eat at Spoodles when we got back to our resort but the kids were really hungry.

Have had less than stellar encounters with 'Ohana and B&C but would probably give them both another try sometime.

My family's worst meal at DW was at Concourse Steakhouse. This was our Thanksgiving day meal and I wanted a meal with turkey and trimmings. We should have ordered steak. Absolutely awful!! And dishonorable mention would have to be Rainforest Cafe at AK. Long wait even with PS and food is only subpar.

That said, our favorite restaurant is one that has been mentioned as one of the worst. Alfedo's. We have never had anything but a wonderful experience here. To each, his own.

Terri

Like many others, I have to say Sci Fi. The food was ok, but kind of blah, and I didn't like having other people in our car. The worst part of it was that we are a family of 3, so DH and DS sat together and I had to sit by myself. I was bored.

DS loved it, so we may go just for dessert on the next trip but only if I can't talk him out of it. :)

Crystal Palace -limited options, lukewarm food, LOUD
Mama Melrose (I think this is the name - fake Italian food in the Studios)
Alfredos (same as above- different location)
Whispering Canyons - Shocked at the $$ for what was served in the family style dinner.:mad:

Artist Point - the worst meal of our honeymoon and the most expensive, too. Our waiter hurried us through our meal, even though the place was almost empty. My husband asked for his salmon well done and had to send it back to the kitchen because it was undercooked, even after his request. The whole experience left my unimpressed for the cost ($115).

Boma - didn't like any of the foods offered. I think they should make something available that isn't chicken fingers for those adults who can't find anything they like. Why did all the entrees have to have some kind of sweet sauce or gook over them?

Chef Mickey's - too many people jammed into one room, too much pressure to buy the photos, and too little interaction with the characters (thanks to the 30 Japanese tourists who each had their own camera in the same room as us).

I don't think we have had any really disappointing meals and we have eaten at a lot of places on this thread. I will say that we have had a couple of meals that were less than impressive:

CRT - for all the trouble you have to go through to get this, the food was not really anything we liked(but I somehow missed the stuffed French toast). And unless you get a seat near a window, I think the "magic" is missing. Being tucked away in the corner made it seem no different than dining in any restaurant.

Donald's Breakfastosaurus - the buffet was good but we felt really rushed and the character interaction was brief. My SIL's are both trying this in June so I will see if their experience is better.

Had to be The Garden Grill in The Land. Just not a big fan of the "everything on one plate" deal.

Originally posted by las3888

Another one worthy of this list is O'Hana's. It is kind of talked up as some kind of special restaurant for special occasions, but we found it just crazy with all the kids running around during the kids activities. Just not for us!!!

I am SO glad to see someone else was underwhelmed at O'Hana. We had a great table in the corner by the windows, but apparently they don't begin the entertainment until around 6:30, or at least that's what our "cousin" said. So my 2 DN's and my 2 DS's didn't get to participate in anything. We only saw our "cousin" when he brought our first round of meat and apps out, then we had to flag down another server for refills. DH got fed up and asked the hostess for our check since we never saw our server again.

Can I just say I cracked up at this:

Chef Mickey's :( and Tony's Town Square :crazy2:

That icon next to Tony's Town Square is just too perfect. I'm still giggling uncontrollably.

Oh and I have to second whoever said Alfredo's at Epcot. That place is never worth it...huge waits for food that is about as authentically italian as the Olive Garden.

I would have to add Teppanyaki in Epcot to the list. The grill-table is very hot when they are cooking and unfortunately I was sitting directly in front of the chef preparing the meal. I could hear the drops of perspiration fall from his forehead and sizzle on the grill. Needless to say, I didn't eat much that evening. Not a pretty picture, and I apologize if the imagery offends anyone.

As an aside, I find it interesting that this thread is about "the most disappointing dining experience" and some of us can't resist the impulse to defend our favorite restaurants. I will say it is important to experience things first hand to make up one's own mind and sometimes places just have an off night.

We didn't care for O'Hana's either. We had a bad table and bad server. I think your table location and the server have a lot to do with how enjoyable your experience is at this restaurant. On the other hand, we really enjoyed the Kona Cafe and felt the food and the service was much nicer there.

I had to answer this. I have been to disney six times, and the most awful food I had was at Epcot in Germany the Biergarten(sp?) I loved the atmosphere and entertainment and I do like German food, but not that night!!!!!!

Tony's in MK. Serves me right since my mother is a great Italian cook. Yuck! File under live and learn. Ditto for the ABC commissary in MGM. We threw away our food.

lousy server at Boma for breakfast and the food was typical breakfast fare , not at all "exotic" ,which while good, I could have gotten at trails end for $5 less....did not live up to my expectations..so we skipped our dinner ps..may try dinner next time.

Ohana might be fun for some but did not think it was anywhere close to worth it unless maybe if you can eat a ton of food it would be...again it was ok food, just not as good as anticipated and probably would not go back.

Liberty Tree Tavern--food tasted like I had cooked it and there was this really annoying kid and they insisted that she sit at our table. I bet everyone was glad when we left!

Anyone remember King Stefan's Banquet Hall? This was Cinderella's Royal Table's first incarnation. I bet Disney got tired of explaining to horrified guests why King Stefan would serve such wretched, expensive food at Cinderella's castle. Was the good king slumming?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter