What Is Your Most Disappointing Restaurant @ WDW

RalphMouth

<font color=teal>Obviously freaky things always ca
Most likely a place that you were excited to try or had heard good things about it.

Why was your visit bad & did you try it one other time & still not like it?

I would have to say mine was the Sci-Fi Dine In-
Was it the $11.00 cheese burger that was dry & over cooked?
Could it have been the $12.00 turkey sandwich? Arby's has a much better one for $7.50 less-
Sure that atmosphere was interesting but certainly not productive for conversation.
I was sure disappointed & will never return.

1900 Park Fare was one of them. The food was okay, although some foods were dry. The characters never came to our table. It was very expensive for a restaurant we didn't have as much fun in as everyone else.

Another restaurant for me was Sci-Fi, just like the post before me. The waiters screamed the movies so loud, I could not hear the actors. Kids were rowdy and disruptive, and the food was way overpriced.

For me, it would have to be Akershus in Norway at Epcot. After all the rave reviews, we went....and it was ok, not great. I would try it again, though, to see if we hit it on an off night. but we were definitelynot impressed at all.

boma for breakfast. we do not have a car at wdw; so, after all it took to get there for breakfast and after all the glowing reports, i just was not "blown away." another is akershus. the first time we went years ago it was great, but when we went a few years back disappointing. and did not care for the princess breakfast there.:tongue:

The American Adventure in Epcot. YUCK. You call that a burger?

And Big River Grille on Boardwalk...food flavorless and dry..go to ESPN Club or Planet Hollywood.

I'd have to agree with the Sci Fi Diner. I had the cheese burger which was okay, but I didn't like the cars. We had to share with a family we didn't know and the cars were SMALL booth seats. I am bigger than the average woman and was very uncomfortable. And I know it's not Disney's fault that I'm big, but they seem to be able to figure out how to make seats for everything else that I "fit" into, how come make the cars so small.

"The Artist Point"! I know I will give them another try when I visit WL again! I just hated my buffalo steak...it was way too fatty!

But we just didn't go for Boma. I will say our waiter was fantastic! The food was just not to our liking, and the place was just way too loud! I love wine, but the wines here were way overpriced! We enjoyed the desserts, but just the desserts weren't worth the price. Glad we tried it once, but we probably won't go back again.

I have to agree with the Sci Fi also. The decor is great, but food, not worth it. Coral Reef doesn't make high marks either. Went once and it was pretty good, after that it continued to go downhill. Agree with the American Adventure too, cold and dry bugers. Nine Dragons did not wow me either, I can get better chinese food in my home town. (Did hear something about a new chef, so may try this one again), was just OK.

I have to agree with Big River Grille. Although we usually stay at BW, I doubt we'd ever go back. Food was very flavorless and the indoor seating area was a bit crowded.

4-13

Oh goodness-- how could I forget Fulton's? So-so food, awful service, including a waiter who decided to pocket a $60 tip (on a $80 bill and an 1 hour+ wait for our entrees) until we spoke with a manager.

The worst restaurant in WDW now was the worst restaurant 20 years ago: Capt Jack's Oyster Bar in Downtown Disney. We had a horrifying experience this February.

On a Saturday night the wait was 60-75 minutes; this wasn't the problem, as we spent the time browsing through shops and sipping frozen margaritas. When we were finally seated a charming and vivacious server warned us, "Stick to appetizers and drinks tonight if you know what's good for you." Sadly, we didn't follow her advice. My shrimp and linguini were cold, smothered in an inedible orange goop. Our waitress did what she could do to make the best of a dreadful situation; we tipped her generously.

Our biggest dissapointment was Coral Reef!

The atmosphere is great(we were seated right next to the fish tank) but the food was horrible, terrible, and yucky and on top of that it cost a million dollars(yes, I exagerate).

But really, we were very dissapointed here and will never go back.

Okay here it goes. I did not like Chef Mickey's. It was way too crowded, the food was just okay and I felt we were being rushed for the next group of people. I am going to give it a second try on my upcoming trip. Once for breakfast and once for dinner.

Beaches and Cream. I know that there are people who say these are the best burgers in the World, but that was not at all my experience. I ordered a kids burger because I wanted to save room for dessert - but still, the burger should've still tasted good, right? Well, it tasted so horrible I couldn't eat it. I have to say it was the worst burger I've ever had.

On the other hand, we love Sci Fi. It is a must-do for us every trip. We always get the burgers and shakes, and we have never been disappointed. Plus, we just love the theming there. Fun!

Just goes to show, there's something for everyone, and we all have different tastes. :D

Originally posted by cruisnfamily
Our biggest dissapointment was Coral Reef!

The atmosphere is great(we were seated right next to the fish tank) but the food was horrible, terrible, and yucky and on top of that it cost a million dollars(yes, I exagerate).

But really, we were very dissapointed here and will never go back.

LOL! I have to agree with you on this. DH and I went last May for dinner and were very disappointed. The atmosphere is nice, but that is about all it has going for it. I do not eat seafood, but DH does, so I was excited to eat here as we rarely go out to a seafood place and I knew he would enjoy it. Boy, was I wrong! I decided to get the pork chop and I don't remember what he had, but I can tell you we would have had a better meal at Red Lobster. This place is way too expensive and is highly overrated. If you are planning to spend money here, don't! Go to the California Grill instead. The price for our meals was comparable, atmosphere is just as good, if not better and the food at CR could not touch CG!

I'm not a big fan of Prime Time Cafe. One we used to like but hated it the last time we went was Alfredo's.

The wonderful thing about WDW is there is always something for everyone!

I would say Flying Fish. The fish was good but it certainly wasn't a $30 piece of fish. The waiter was downright rude, but that's a reflection on him rather than the entire restaurant. I may go back sometime and order something fancier.

The dessert rocked, though.

We did not like Tony's in the MK. I think they are way overpriced and I didn't like the Eggplant Parmisan that I ordered. The atmosphere is lovely and our server was very nice. I just feel Olive Garden is better - cheaper and a bigger menu.:wave:

Capt Jack'S All I can say is slimey. We also hated the Char Breakfast at Ohana's greasy & the room is not set up well for the charaters.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter