What is your favorite DVC Resort?

NoleFan

DIS Veteran
Wondering what everyone's top 3 Resorts are? In order by preference would be great.

My favorites...

1) Aulani. I love the furnishings of the 1BR unit, the weather, the morning exercise program offered along the beach.

2) Either Wilderness Lodge or Grand Cal for the 'grand lobby' and craftsman touches.

3) AKV for the animals.

But the one I visit the most is BWV for the location. I'm not keen on the room's interior or the resort grounds ... but the location can't be beat for my purposes.

Our favorite is the one we are in at the time. :goodvibes

Seriously, we have found reasons to love them all. Except VWL, haven't managed to stay there yet but I'm sure we'll find something very special when we do.

Wow - tough question given that each resort is unique and special in its own way.

#1 BWV - I love that location and the entire Atlantic City / Steele Pier / Coney Island vibe is just too cool.

#2 AKL - Again - its all about the theme....and the animals and the music.

#3 HHI - I am here now and I just love the island and the entire resort.

I have not stayed at Aulani or the Grand Californian yet

If I could get a free week at one with free airfare, I'd pick:
1- Aulani
2- BLT
2- BCV

If it were still a free week but we had to get ourselves there, it would have to be east coast, so it would be:
1- BLT
2- BCV
3- AKV

We haven't even stayed at BLT, AKV or Aulani yet...but just from research or having been on the resort to look around or to eat dinner (and we did stay at the CR once and loved it).

If we have to use our own points, then things change up a bit (since BLT costs so many points for a stay). Then it would look more like this:
1- BCV
2- AKV
3- BWV

HH is nice too, but a whole different vacation and right now we have PAPs and are, therefor, in WDW mode. Next year will be a HH year...yay (can't wait). VB: we did last August and no need to go back. It was nice but too far for us to go to the beach and it's a very desolate island (not a lot to do).

Interesting post...we love:
1) OKW (except when we get 3rd floor, no elevator bldg)
2) SSR...love the decor and all the pools
3) BWV....great location to walk to HS and EPCOT

We are getting ready to book for the 2nd week in Nov. and VWL is actually available for the full week...never stayed there. Is it inconvenient to park? We drive to FL, so we always have a vehicle.

Barb

1. BCV- Pool and close to Epcot
2.VGC- Can walk to both parks and it is CA.
3.WLV- More home like then BLT and a short boat ride to MK.

Food and Wine month
1.BCV
2.BW
3.meh

Non Food and Wine Month
1. SSR
2. AKL
3. OKW

Beach club! You have everything there. Best Character breakfast, best ice cream place, BEST POOL! No need to go to waterparks, the sand at your feet is delightful, no pool hoppers allowed. Best enviroment at all DVC hotels. Now if Polynesion were to becaome a DVC, then they would have some competition! The staff is so friendly at the resort, and the gift shop, I can spend so much money there!!!!

1. BCV location & pool
2. BWV location & theme
3. OKW spread out & relaxing

1. BWV
2. BLT
3. AKV (Only visited, haven't stayed yet)

Where do we own? SSR and BCV. Go figure ;-)

I would say VWL is # 1 and DH would say BCV is # 1 so those are sort of tied for 1st & 2nd place for us. Third place is tough. We liked both SSR (our home) and BLT (best kitchenette of all the DVC resorts and monorail access)...oh and then there's AKV with it's lovely animals and lower point possibilities.:rotfl2: I am fully expecting that Aulani will make the top 3 after we stay there this summer tho and that will settle the who's on (in) 3rd dilemma for us...:goodvibes

Of the ones I own
BWV
AKL
Tied for 3rd
SSR and BCV

Overall fav's
BWV
OKW
AKL

but that may change after my October trip to Aulani

1. BLT: Love the easy access to contemporary/monorail and the modern feel of it
2. Vero: Very relaxed place with lots to do (eventhough I usually choose to do nothing at all other than lie by the pool)
3. OKW: Feels like home. We tend to do less park days when we stay there and just enjoy the resort.

1. BWV
2. VWL
3. BCV

If I could stick Vero Beach at the back end of each vacation I'd do that too!

Can't wait to try Aulani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter