• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your earliest checkin time at any DVC resort?

With the exception of the of the first year BLT opened, we pretty much get in between 2:00 and 4:00 PM, even though we check in first thing in the AM, around 8:30.

I would not plan on it being ready too early, especially at that time of year.

I'm always pleasantly surprised when it's done early but I never expect anything until after 4pm.

Earliest check-in has been 11A - I'd do online check-in and note your anticipated arrival time altho that didn't help us the last time - we waited around 2 hours for a room getting in around 2p.

I'm always pleasantly surprised when it's done early but I never expect anything until after 4pm.

Us too. We have gotten lucky like some of the previous posters but we don't count on being able to get in to the room until at least 4 pm.

Got lucky at aulani. Checked in at 9am one time. Helps to visit in the off season when occupancy is not high.

One time we had a cash reservation for a studio the night before our 1 bedroom stay. My husband went down at 7 am to check in and our room was ready. That was unexpected and awesome!

The earliest we have ever checked in was 6 am at Old Key West - the cast member was quite literally opening up the lobby. This was really quite surprising, as we were checking in on December 22nd or 23rd for a Christmas/New Years stay. Even more amazing - we were given the exact same room we had on our previous trip!

We were just there in June, had a red eye from California, and got our room at seven a.m. When we arrived! So magical!!!!

Checked into BCV at 6:30 AM. Had a room about 10 hours later.

THIS happens all the time with us at VGC. :lmao: So now after we do Early Entry hour plus more rides til 10:30 then sometimes we just go home :drive: (only live 20 minutes away from DLR) & wait for the text for the room to be available. :thumbsup2

Generally our room has always been available at check in so anywhere from 10am to 1am the following morning! (Thanks, ME!) Once we had to wait about an hour but it was still ready around noon.

Thanks to all that responded so far. I reworded my post. I really want to know the earliest we can get our rooms by.

It's a crap shoot! I've checked in at 10am and gotten the villa right away. I've checked in at 1pm (usual arrival time) and 50/50 shot it's been available, no matter the resort! If not ready, we're generally in by 3-3:30pm!

The worse was BWV, checked in at 3pm and didn't get in till 6pm, in fact I'm still waiting for that text that the villa is ready! But that was the only time I've ever gotten into the villa after 4pm!

Sometimes at check-in if your villa isn't ready you can ask if another is ready. It may mean that any requests you've made are null but you might get in early or right away! Never hurts to ask!

Good luck!

In order by earliest time:

SSR - 9:00 AM (at check in)

BWV - 10:00 AM

AKV - 11:30 AM

OKW - Noon (5 minutes after check-in completed we received a text)

BLT - earliest has been 1:30 PM

VWL - 2:30 PM

But these are not the time we check in every time, just the earliest we have gotten into those resorts and we did have requests on each of them. I expect AKV, BWV, OKW and SSR would be the resorts that would be available the earliest if you don't care where you stay since they are all large resorts. Studios don't seem to be available any quicker than a 1BR or 2 BR from our experience.

Nov 30 is the Saturday after Thanksgiving this year, I doubt you will get in early as many people check out that day.

we have gotten lucky a few times also. but also had to wage very late in the afternoon for our room.

We've gotten a room in the morning at OKW a couple times. We had to settle for one that didn't meet our requests though.

Most of the time we've have to wait until 4, even when checking in as early as 9 am.

The only time our room was ready at check-in was in SSR. We usually stay at BCV, and always have to wait until at least 4...sometimes later. As another PP said, our worst was at BWV...we didn't have our room until 6 either!

I've been able to checkin early in the morning for every resort I've stayed at except BWV. Usually always been 4pm. Once it was 2:30 and one other time I had to go to desk at 4 and the cast member went to see a manager and then my room was ready. I bet they saw a manager since my room was next to a room that they were renovating. Never heard anything since I was out most of the days I was there but knew it was being renovated since I opened connecting door and that room was opened so I peeked inside.

I am always rearranging my travel plans.

So, very often I add nights in front of my main resort stay.

So, check into SSR on Saturday afternoon and then start my BWV week the next day. Wake up early and drive over to BWV and check in - 7am, 8am, 9am....I've often gotten my room early on a Sunday morning.

I was at BWV a couple of trips ago and I stayed in a studio the first night (one of my add on nights!) and I went down to the desk at 6:30am on my way for my morning walk around the Boardwalk. They said no check in until 7am. I came back after my walk at about 7:15am and got my new room cards. No room yet.

By 10:30am we had done breakfast out on the BW and tidied up our stuff expecting to give it to Bell Services. Got the text and were moved to our one bedroom by 11am. The maids had been parked outside our door for at least a half hour before we got the text. This was the time they threw my stuff away. We rolled our cases down to the other room and came back to find that the maids had entered our room and tossed the things I couldn't carry! I've learned to use the 'do not disturb' sign on checkout days!

Checking in late almost guarantees me a HA room. So sometimes my request is 'room with a bathtub' if I know I will be late.

Resorts where I've gotten my room very late - AKV right after they opened and VWL. As late as 5:30 to 6:00pm. Kind of annoying but I've gotten my room early so often I rarely comment.

Place that was the nicest about my room being not ready until almost 6pm - Vero. Went out of their way to make us comfortable while we waited.

We never even attempt to check in before 3 or 4pm. That way we are disappointed when we don't get it before the official time and we seem to get good locations and requests if we made them.

I think when you check in early you get what comes open. I would rather wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter