What is your earliest checkin time at any DVC resort?

JaneSparrow

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping to get our room earlier than official 4pm checkin time on 11/30 at BLT 2BR LV.

That way we can rest prior to going to our ressie for dinner.

DH and I checked-in and had a room at 8:45 AM at SSR. The room was perfect! Near the pool and the laundry and ready for us. Was very surprised

Last summer we landed in Orlando, checked in at OKW and were at MK by 10.

Checked into BCV at 6:30 AM. Had a room about 10 hours later.

Thanks to all that responded so far. I reworded my post. I really want to know the earliest we can get our rooms by.

DH and I checked-in and had a room at 8:45 AM at SSR. The room was perfect! Near the pool and the laundry and ready for us. Was very surprised

Wow - you got lucky. The other poster here didn't get theirs until after 10 hours.

I've gotten a room about 8:30am a couple of times at OKW, but I've also had to wait past 4:30 a couple of times, too. It all just depends upon what guests are leaving and when, how many rooms they have to clean, and what time every new guest arrives as to what will be available when you get there. Are you driving or flying? If flying and using Magical Express, they do notify the resort of your arrival when they scan your ME ticket to board the bus and they try to put those guests into rooms that are ready. Not always possible, but they do try.

We arrived about noon and our room was ready about 15 minutes later. We were at SSR in a Treehouse.

We have been quite lucky with our DVC check in times in the 3 years that we have owned and they all have been before 4 pm. 6 trips with couple of splits stays as well. Of course I am sure I just jinxed myself for our F&W trip!

For my 3 stays, one was ready at 10:45, another 2:30pm, the other was ready when we arrived but we arrived at 8:00pm.

11am at AKV mid October. That is the only time we have ever gotten our villa before 4pm.

At least there is hope. We have arrived always past 4pm in the past so we have no experience.

This time we added 1 night to the beginning of our trip so arriving Fri instead of Sat just to save on airfare. So that means we have to switch resorts on our first full day.

We have ADR at Hollywood and Vine at 9am so we figured to take advantage of 8am EMH for TSM then head to our ADR.

I have 1 yr old who will be tired by 11am so thinking of heading back while my husband stays with our 5yo. But if room is not ready I don't know if its better to stay at hotel lobby or DHS baby center. We're staying at BLT.

There have been reports that sometime the system requires you to manually check-out of your first resort by going to the front desk before it will let you check into the new resort. Especially if you want to check-in at the new resort before the stated check-out time of the first resort.

Disney computer protocol after some upgrades to My Disney Experience.

There have been reports that sometime the system requires you to manually check-out of your first resort by going to the front desk before it will let you check into the new resort. Especially if you want to check-in at the new resort before the stated check-out time of the first resort.

Disney computer protocol after some upgrades to My Disney Experience.

We currently have BLT studio for 1 night then BLT 2BR for 7 nights. So when we check out prior to heading to DHS, we will check in. We also have plans to switch the BLT studio to VGF studio if we can. Likewise, we will check out prior to heading to DHS then check in around 1-2pm at BLT.

We have checked into BLT at various times. The earliest we have gotten our studio has been 10:30am but we normally get our room between 2-4pm.

We got our villa at BCV at 11:00 AM once. That was the earliest. Most times we check in and have to wait until early afternoon for the room to be ready

I hope not 10 hours! That's too long!

Most rooms are preassigned. So it doesn't matter if you check-in at 6:30am or 3:30pm, it will be ready at the same time. You can ask if they have another room that is already ready when you get there. Most DVC resorts run close to 100% so there are not many rooms empty early.

I got into my room at BWV at about 11:00 or 11:30 AM one time. Another time I got in my room at BWV at about 1:00. Got in my room once at BCV about 1:30. Most other times it has been right around 4:00, give or take a little bit.

We've checked in at 1PM and our villa was ready. We've checked in at 7AM and our villa wasn't ready until after 6PM. And everything in between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter