what is the worst fall you have ever had?

a few bruises
I’m an absolute klutz. I have a lot of minor accidents. Probably the worst was a fall skiing. I landed wrong and immediately knew I wasn’t getting up. I tore my Acl (knee) and had to hitch a ride in a toboggan behind a really old ski patrol guy. I was absolutely terrified!

In 2012 I was working as an on call home health/hospice nurse and went on a visit at 5am. I had been in the house and went back outside to get something from the car and slipped on a small patch of ice that was behind my car. I felt myself start to fall backwards and caught myself then I ended up going down forward. I went down and my hand went out to break my fall and landed somehow on my knuckles then down to my face. I had a gash on my nose from the gravel and it turned out that I broke my right hand (the knuckle on my index finger). 4 stitches on the bridge of my nose and 4 weeks off work until my hand healed. I tried to go back sooner but because of the nature of my job the doc wouldn't let me work.

A few years ago I fell on cement with black ice and landed on my backbone/spine area and hit the back of my head. It was a good thing I was wearing a micro fleece hat folded over or it probably would have been worse. Took weeks to get over the pain in my back and just about everywhere else.

December 2022... I slipped in mud and fell, landing squarely on my right knee. The pain was excruciating, and I laid in the yard for about 20 minutes until I could get up. I sustained multiple bone bruises/microfractures in my patella and tibia. It took months to heal. During this recovery, I had an MRI in addition to continued xrays and discovered that not only were the bone bruises not healing properly, but that there was zero cartilage on my tibia, femur, and behind the patella, and both lateral and medial menisci were non-existent. Long story short, I had total knee replacement in June 2023. Gotta say... I know a lot of this was preexisting, but falling on that knee was horrendously painful, and was just the start of a long healing journey.

Fell going down the basement stairs carrying a laundry basket a few years ago. Fractured a couple ribs. It was a really bad fall and I was badly bruised. I'm a total klutz. I'm in my 40s and trip going up the stairs multiple times a week and trip just walking on flat surfaces all the time.

I’ve been pretty lucky. I fell getting out of the tub a few weeks before my wedding when I was in my twenties. Broke my toe. I was terrified I would have to hobble down the aisle.

A few years ago I misjudged the last few steps in my house. Literally felt like my life flashed before my eyes (drama queen) and sprained my ankle pretty badly.

Now I swear I’m scared to walk down any steps. Ours our fairly steep and hardwood. I walk down them like I am 90, though,

A few years ago I broke my toe. My dr did xrays because it was so painful up to the arch of the foot, said the toe bone was so bent that there was nothing I could do. A week later I'm walking with it taped together, tripped over a crack on the sidewalk and went flying down and landed on that foot. Went back to the doctor, he took xrays and said I did a good job straightening out the break in my toe LOL

I totally wiped out at the airport. Only a few zillion people saw me, not at all embarrassing at all... sprained my knee, some swelling and bruising. I'll live.

In 2012 I was working as an on call home health/hospice nurse and went on a visit at 5am. I had been in the house and went back outside to get something from the car and slipped on a small patch of ice that was behind my car. I felt myself start to fall backwards and caught myself then I ended up going down forward. I went down and my hand went out to break my fall and landed somehow on my knuckles then down to my face. I had a gash on my nose from the gravel and it turned out that I broke my right hand (the knuckle on my index finger). 4 stitches on the bridge of my nose and 4 weeks off work until my hand healed. I tried to go back sooner but because of the nature of my job the doc wouldn't let me work.
😲

A few years ago I fell on cement with black ice and landed on my backbone/spine area and hit the back of my head. It was a good thing I was wearing a micro fleece hat folded over or it probably would have been worse. Took weeks to get over the pain in my back and just about everywhere else.
Isn’t it the scariest thing? I was on the Isle of Skye in UK my husband and mother in law when a wicked storm came. I was filming the scenery showing the gale force winds bending trees etc. it literally blew me off my feet! I wound up on my back and really cracked my head. I was absolutely terrified. Later I found the video of my husband’s shoes running to me and mother in law laughing!

I went over the handlebars of my bike in the mid 80s, landing on my left shoulder/head. I had a helmet on, so my shoulder really took the brunt of the hit. I never went to a doctor because I could use my arm (and it was the 80s); but, I had pain in that shoulder for well over a decade any time i did "too much" with it. Even driving a car for a more than an hour or two would result in toothache like pain for hours afterward.

Yes, thank you. I do feel it certain times but overall good. My first break :( and hopefully the last :)
I have definitely noticed that I don’t bounce like I used to! Remember falling and just getting the wind knocked out but popping right back up? Now I feel like the I’ve fallen and I can’t get up lady or a Prolia ad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter