• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most annoying word used here?

Hello disers,

Please can you review my adr ressies for our upcoming vacay. Stayin at akl with dw/ds and as a veggie and a food snob I was wondering if anyone has ever been to the hoop Dee hoo review? Is it worth the price? We are foodies but our ds is a picky eater. Our ressies are below

Ragland road for brekkie
O’hannas as we love Irish food.
CRT
Cp
Steakhouse at the swolphin

Previously we always ate at cm but last trip we were unimpressed and found the food inedible gross and yucky and has definitely gone downhill. We like r&c it is the best food in ep hands down yummy. It is to die for and is great on my palette. It is ah-mazing. It has best steak in the bubble but haven’t tried any others.

And go!
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I just about die laughing reading this. Best post ever. :lmao: :rotfl2:

Then there is always the "tell me why I should love..." Heck, how should I know why you should love something?

Along these lines...

"convince me to stay at (fill in the blank) resort"

or

"talk me into eating at (fill in the blank restaurant)"

No. Why should I care where you stay or eat? Why do I need to convince you of what YOU should do on your own vacation.

Hello disers,

Please can you review my adr ressies for our upcoming vacay. Stayin at akl with dw/ds and as a veggie and a food snob I was wondering if anyone has ever been to the hoop Dee hoo review? Is it worth the price? We are foodies but our ds is a picky eater. Our ressies are below

Ragland road for brekkie
O’hannas as we love Irish food.
CRT
Cp
Steakhouse at the swolphin

Previously we always ate at cm but last trip we were unimpressed and found the food inedible gross and yucky and has definitely gone downhill. We like r&c it is the best food in ep hands down yummy. It is to die for and is great on my palette. It is ah-mazing. It has best steak in the bubble but haven’t tried any others.

And go!

I think I just had a stroke.

Call me easy going, but actually none of them bother me. Everyone has their own vocabulary - what one likes may bother others. No 'biggie' (hee-hee) to me!! :D

That reminds me . . . phrases like "easy going", "no biggie" and "hee-hee" are on my list for sure. :joker:

I think it is perfectly ok to use abbreviations in any place that shortens paragraphs. Just use your brain and correct the word as needed......as far as disney acronyms, there is a thread with all acronyms for those that need help. :) found it .... http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm (im sure there's more but hope this helps)

I don't usually stress about thread titles. I understand the OP is trying to get the attention of a particular audience. That said, I do cringe a little at "dinning" and O'hanas. But really, people are looking for advice not grammar and spelling lessons so I let it go. As for really "blanket" requests for advice, I just don't respond to them. As a PP mentioned, how am I supposed to "convince you", make a determination whether or not a venue is "worth it" or what you will like? I'm not you. I will be happy to share my own opinion. That's kind of what they are asking in the long run. But sometimes, the way a title is phrased, makes me unsure whether I should answer so I don't.

It’s a phrase that irks me “Hidden Gem”. Ugh.. Disney has to be one of the most heavily marketed places in the world. Millions of visitors every year... there is not a single thing that’s hidden.. not one. There may be something that has less than a thousand people per minute.. but it’s not hidden.. nor a gem.

And I am fully aware that it’s irrational for it to bug me so much :rolleyes::rotfl:

Specific words don't bother me as much as overly dramatic descriptions...."the worst place EVER" or "most disgusting food in the world!" drive me bonkers. If you experienced the worst possible meal on planet earth in Disney world, you ought to count your lucky stars! There are people in the world eating bugs and rodents, I think your so-so chicken parmesan probably was a few notches above eating roadkill :rolleyes1

"Is xxx worth it" is probably my biggest pet peeve. Subjective much?

Dinning just makes me cringe and always reminds me of a local restaurant that was near where I worked several years ago and their sandwich board outside said "Dinning specials", it always made me laugh for some reason

I don’t know why but the word “delectable “ bugs me. I see it used in other forums but I haven’t heard anyone use it in an actual conversation. Maybe I need more people to talk to (or is it too?). :confused3

I also agree with other posters on the word yummy. I only say that when I’m talking to toddlers but my mom and 21 year old daughter use it all the time. :)

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter