What is the longest you've stayed at the Fort?

We did 6 weeks one year ..... Thanksgiving to New Years, but most trips are 2-3 weeks.

So far only 7 but come April 16 days the granddaughters can't wait asking me every time I see them "how many days Grumpy?"

We are on the every other year plan for disney! Buy the AP every other year, goes as much as possible in that year, then take a year off. Most cost effective way for my family of 6! So we have 2 weeks in April, 6 weeks in July & August (I know its hot but I like the heat and during the week the campground is very quiet), then we finish off the year with 2 1/2 week for Christmas & New Years. So nice to leisurely go in and outta of the parks. Blessed that we have the ability to do this. But honestly I'd go no matter if it was 1 night or 100!!!!

We have a month booked for the end of September-the end of October. I will book more dates if we can get them. We will be in Florida the end of September-the end of March and then heading up to WY to work in Yellowstone or Grand Teton NP! We will take 6 weeks or so to go from FL to AL, LA, TX, NM, CO to WY. Hoping to do some seasonal work for Disney again October-April. If we can't get the Fort for Nov-April, we will say at the state parks and Davenport.

We just stayed 19 nights last fall...and we weren't ready to leave. Planning a few weeks this summer and if plans go right it will end up longer

It was 2 day travel there and then back 1100 miles. we did 6 nights once and realized we needed more. From there out we were min of 10 to 14 nights. We park 4-6days maybe put a few water parks days, then Gator Land. Oh Yahh, BYOHD - bring your own hot dogssss.
there is always 1-2 days off from parking 2/3 way through.

our longest stay was 12 nights last april. We have 22 nights booked for spring 2018. I really hope we stay for all 22 nights!

We're booked for 12nights in July. We've only been 3 times as we are in Australia but tend to make them longer trips for this reason. We've rented houses on other trips. Last was for 17 days. The one before was 19 (split into 2 stays) and the one before that was a month.

We arrive in mid October and stay for 4 weeks during the food and wine festival (best we not drive then. :drinking: o_O) After that we go to a local park till the middle or end of march. We do head home for a couple of weeks for Christmas. :santa: Kids live in the stick and brick so we don't have to leave that empty. :tongue: Retirement is GRAND. :rockband:

We arrive in mid October and stay for 4 weeks during the food and wine festival (best we not drive then. :drinking: o_O) After that we go to a local park till the middle or end of march. We do head home for a couple of weeks for Christmas. :santa: Kids live in the stick and brick so we don't have to leave that empty. :tongue: Retirement is GRAND. :rockband:
How nice!! What do you do with your mail for so long?

Six weeks! Wow.

Is there a max allowable time in one site at the campground? I thought I saw somewhere that the resorts have a 30 night max, but could be wrong.

No you are correct. 30 days is the max on a reservation.

But....

You can book back-to-back reservation at the same level and you can stay in one place because the Fort won't make you move. So make a reservation April 1-30, then make the next reservation April-30-May 29 and both are Premium. You can stay in one site from April 1 to May 29. I would think you still have to "check in" for each one probably.

That's how snowbirds spend the winter at Fort Wilderness and some people stay for a very long time.

Bama Ed

PS - I spent 9 nights last time and 12 nights the time before that - both were exceptional circumstances but they both felt a little long. After a week I'm ready to go home.

View attachment 223723 View attachment 223724 View attachment 223725 October1, 2012 to January 10, 2013.
Brought all our Halloween and Christmas decorations with us. Several inflatables, about 32,000 lights, 2,350 feet of extension cords, along with a 32 channel light sequencer with music and 6 speakers.
I remember seeing that when we were there I think I have pics of it somewhere in my computer as well have to look and see One of the unsung bennies od =f staying at THE FORT Holiday Decorations touring

Not long enough. 11 nights.

That is beautiful...wish I could've seen it in person!
As I said we saw it and it was IMPRESSIVE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter