What is the longest you've stayed at the Fort?

No you are correct. 30 days is the max on a reservation.

But....

You can book back-to-back reservation at the same level and you can stay in one place because the Fort won't make you move. So make a reservation April 1-30, then make the next reservation April-30-May 29 and both are Premium. You can stay in one site from April 1 to May 29. I would think you still have to "check in" for each one probably.

That's how snowbirds spend the winter at Fort Wilderness and some people stay for a very long time.

Bama Ed

PS - I spent 9 nights last time and 12 nights the time before that - both were exceptional circumstances but they both felt a little long. After a week I'm ready to go home.

Thanks
No you are correct. 30 days is the max on a reservation.

But....

You can book back-to-back reservation at the same level and you can stay in one place because the Fort won't make you move. So make a reservation April 1-30, then make the next reservation April-30-May 29 and both are Premium. You can stay in one site from April 1 to May 29. I would think you still have to "check in" for each one probably.

That's how snowbirds spend the winter at Fort Wilderness and some people stay for a very long time.

Bama Ed

PS - I spent 9 nights last time and 12 nights the time before that - both were exceptional circumstances but they both felt a little long. After a week I'm ready to go home.

Thanks for the info! That makes sense. I am sure there are important legal reasons for the 30 night max. If I had the money and the vacation time, I might book a year or more . . . . ::yes::

We have been to Disney many times and I have never wanted to leave. Stayed for 10 nights last summer and not even close to long enough for me. I could see myself hanging out in FW for weeks on end. Might get tired of community/camper bathrooms, though. :scratchin

That's nice of them.....I'm not too sure wdw would appreciate people having their mail forwarded there
The "Forwarded" mail is a service for which you pay for. They will gather your mail and once a week they will "Forward" it to a designated address. The challenge here is when it comes to "Shutting it off" and timing. I would only recommend this for extended stays. I don't know if 4 weeks would be enough for me to bother with it. Plus it seems that the resorts, now including the fort, are also charging a fee of $5.00 to receive packages. Since the forwarding will come in a Priority mail "Pouch" or box, I am sure it will be considered a package.

If you just want to "Stop" your mail for a period of time, I recommend "Hold Mail" https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/ which is a FREE service. You can schedule it so that your mail will be delivered on your arrival day home (assuming it's a regular mail day anyway). This is what I do every time and it works like a charm. No need to have anyone come by and collect it up.

True but you could rent a PO Box someplace, that should not cost too much.
While PO Boxes aren't that expensive, I believe the minimum rental time is for 6 months. The fee varies by location and size of the box as well. It can be lower (around $18) or much higher (into the hundreds for the larger boxes). If you are staying for an extended period it could be worthwhile though.

Our first trip there last summer was 16 nights. I honestly could have stayed another week. We were towing from CT so I wanted to stay and enjoy it and we skipped 2015 in order to go that long (save up money, PTO, etc).

We have a month booked for the end of September-the end of October. I will book more dates if we can get them. We will be in Florida the end of September-the end of March and then heading up to WY to work in Yellowstone or Grand Teton NP! We will take 6 weeks or so to go from FL to AL, LA, TX, NM, CO to WY. Hoping to do some seasonal work for Disney again October-April. If we can't get the Fort for Nov-April, we will stay at the state parks and Davenport.

I got Most of November and December too. I need 11.19-11.25 and 12.22-1.1.18. So we are staying end of September-end of December right now-whoo hoo! We will probably book another local park for January-March.

In 2015 we stayed from January 4th to April 2nd. It was a wonderful, once in a lifetime experience. Unless O can talk DW into doing it again:rolleyes1

Wow - Many of you are making me quite jealous! We had our first trip last fall - I was there for 10 days, wife and kids were there for 8. Especially at that time of year, not nearly long enough! For the foreseeable future, however, that will likely be the long end of duration for us. Perhaps when I retire it will be different, but given the fact that retirement is still 20+ years away, who knows what the cost will be by then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter