What is the furthest drive you have done on one drive?

We've done the NJ to Disney trip 7 times now(1000 miles). Unfortunately, on one of those trips our cars transmission went in Hardeeville, SC. It took about 3 weeks for the repair to be approved(still under warranty) and repaired. So on a Sunday, I drove from NJ to SC swapped the rental for our car and drove back home. Around 1400 miles and took 22 hours in mostly rainy conditions. The only good thing was I listened to football games from 1 to around 12:30 am, so that helped pass the time.

Really? That is the furthest you have driven?? One day we were talking about where we wanted to go to dinner and jokingly said "good and plenty in Lancaster, PA" (which recently closed -so sad) and we just looked at each other and said - sure lets do it- we drove 200 miles, had dinner and drove 200 miles right back home.
This. It's just how I was raised. My family has always loved road trips and never thought twice about going wherever whenever.

My longest straight through was New Orleans to just outside Washington DC (a little over 1000 miles), but we had two drivers. Longest as the sole driver was Orlando to Nashville (about 700 miles). And coming back from Woodstock 94, my dad insisted on doing all the driving. We took a nap at a rest area somewhere a couple hours down the road, but otherwise he drove straight through from Saugerties, NY to the Orlando area (1200ish miles). And the craziest, though not all that long, was the Orlando to Atlanta overnight when some friends and I spent the day at Disney and then decided to drive overnight and go to Six Flags the next day (500ish miles). Exhausting, but the real kicker? We finally got there and it was closed for the season! Felt like Wally World lol.

Every trip to WDW we drive straight thru to/from the Chicago area so about 1,200 miles. We intended to drive straight home from Moab, UT earlier this year which would have been about 1,400 miles but the others we were with aren’t as crazy as we are and wanted to stop for the night

Disney world is 1000 miles from my house with taking exits for gas, food, restroom. One time we were going home we were at 999 miles I drove pass our house. Wife said wake up you missed our house. I said I’m awake I’m getting 1000 miles in today.

Drove from lake lake okeechobee to NYC 3 hours in front of hurricane Irene. Stopped for a nap in Delaware but when the car started shaking I figured I better haul butt.

Just under 1000. I was moving and had pets in the car (during Covid) so I didn’t want to stop and then have to recapture the cats the next day. Plus, few hotels were open.

950 miles, straight through, Bellevue, Ohio to Orono Maine. DH and I were trying to stay ahead of a snowstorm, so we didn't spend a lot of time taking rest breaks. I was the driver... the whole way!

1000 miles as the solo driver Steamboat Springs CO to St Louis. We went the longer way to drive through Rocky Mountain National Park. It took about 20 hours due to stopping for meals and stopping at the National park. Left CO at 6 AM (5 St Louis time) arrived home at 1 AM and had to get up and be at work by 8 AM! This was the last day of an 18 day road trip full of national parks and lots of hiking. I was pretty tired at work that day!! I schedule a buffer day now, so I get a day at home before going back to work. Our vacations are always pretty intense!

It is 1972, I am a freshman in college in Chicago. My roommate is from Huntington Beach, CA. Six of us pile into a beater car and drive 2,027 miles non-stop to spend 4 days of spring break sleeping on her parents living room floor. The we drove non-stop back to Chicago. The kicker was that at that time I had not yet learned to drive. But my Dad belonged to AAA and had gotten me the all important, Trip Tik. Turns out I was the only one that actually knew how to read a map and navigate so I was awake the entire 30 hours of each way. The extra benefit was I directed us to our one and only non gas station/bathroom break, a side jaunt to tour the Hoover Dam. My childhood trips always included a minimum of two educational stops, so when the Trip Tik mentioned the dam, I could not stop myself from navigating to include it and I persuaded everyone to get out and do the entire walking tour of the dam.

I would say around 600 miles or so. About half the trip was on the interstate and half was divided highways going through towns, so it took about 12 hours overall.

It is 1972, I am a freshman in college in Chicago. My roommate is from Huntington Beach, CA. Six of us pile into a beater car and drive 2,027 miles non-stop to spend 4 days of spring break sleeping on her parents living room floor. The we drove non-stop back to Chicago. The kicker was that at that time I had not yet learned to drive. But my Dad belonged to AAA and had gotten me the all important, Trip Tik. Turns out I was the only one that actually knew how to read a map and navigate so I was awake the entire 30 hours of each way. The extra benefit was I directed us to our one and only non gas station/bathroom break, a side jaunt to tour the Hoover Dam. My childhood trips always included a minimum of two educational stops, so when the Trip Tik mentioned the dam, I could not stop myself from navigating to include it and I persuaded everyone to get out and do the entire walking tour of the dam.
Sounds like me. On the way back from DC to New Orleans, I convinced my friend to detour to Atlanta, specifically so I could show him the Veiled Rebekah statue at the High Museum of Art. He had never been to Atlanta, so we also ended up having dinner at Dante's Down the Hatch (RIP) and then catching the fireworks in the pouring rain at Stone Mountain. He's not as crazy as I am though, so he insisted we get a room that night and drive back the next day.

996 miles from my house in Lafayette, Louisiana to Trinidad, Colorado, by myself! Left around 3:00 a.m. and arrived around 7:00 p.m., gaining an hour for time zones. I did that twice.

From the Chicago area to Clearwater Beach area in Florida.
It was a few weeks after 9/11 and I did not want to take my 3yr old on an airplane. There were to many delays with people on and off planes, and thought of sitting on a plane for an unexpected additional time with a 3yr old was not something I wanted to do :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter