What is the furthest drive you have done on one drive?

Must drive slow because mine would be 759 miles to Savannah for the overnight stay before reaching Disney. I set cruise control at 5 mph over the limit and chill (except around Orlando, that was insane.)

Took us a bit more than 15 hours. Here's the kicker, I passed a guy in a beat up minivan in West Virginia riding with his blinkers on and I estimate about 45-50 mph. As we entered Georgia, we were passing this guy for the 5th time, LOL.

I would like to say the drive home from Disney, which we drove straight through 1190 miles. Only she took over the driving for a period of time so I could get some rest.
My husband doesn't drive slow...ever. Going at least 80 when there is no traffic. This is from to GA to NJ.

Depends on what's meant by "one drive". I'm pretty sure that I've done at least 250 miles without stopping. Just make sure to empty the bladder first and then plan for stops depending on physical condition and fuel.

The furthest I've done in one day was Las Vegas to home. It was about 575 miles. Took about 8 hours.

I'm always a passenger, so I don't drive anywhere. I went with some friends to Vermont from Philly, which was about 400 miles and took ten hours because we kept stopping to check out antiques.

Almost 850 miles, or 12-hour drive. I often drive from Los Angeles to El Paso straight through. When my father was sick I drove there almost every weekend, leaving on Friday and coming home on Sunday. (Man, working remote would have been great at that time).

Next longest drive was going from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon, visiting for 2 hours, then dropping a friend off in Phoenix, other friend in Burbank, and finally going home. I was on the road from 6am Sunday and got home on Monday at 5am. The total was around 860 miles, but I did have a 2 hr break.

Last edited:
868 miles from our home in TX to our kids University in AL.
I've done this in one day several times, I like to drive and have driven the entire length on all trips.

I personally drove 1130 miles (I guess about 17 hours) from Austin, Texas to Yuma, Az, in a motor home with two kids, DMIL and a dog. We'd been on a summer road trip for about a month, and I was very anxious to get home at the end of the trip. It was a good trip, but just too long.
We pulled into an RV park in Yuma in the middle of the night. No way to check in, so we just parked it, slept a few hours, and then took off first thing in the morning for the last leg of the journey.

737 miles. I flew into Chicago to buy a car and drive it home. I was saving over $5K. It took 12 hours to get home. That last 2.5 hours were brutal.

1000 miles in one day from my house in CT to Iowa, then finished the last 300ish miles to Omaha the next day. It was just me and 3 of my kids, we didn't stop for more than 20 minutes at a time, and only when we needed gas. We started at 3:30am and made it to Iowa around dinner time, so maybe 6pm?

About 1000 miles many times.

We just drove from Philly to Marathon, FL but took 2 days each way.

Longest single trip where I drove the whole way? 1100 miles in about 16.5 hours. Longest without any stops was 6 hours and 370 miles. Longest 2 person drive was 1600 miles and 23 hours. My wife just completed 600 miles in around 10 hours.

Around 2000 miles, from CA to IL. Cross country move with a moving truck hauling a car on a trailer and a second car driving. Also had a 1 yr old. Stopped for food, gas, and bathroom/diaper breaks, but no hotels. 3 drivers to rotate in the 2 vehicles, though the 3rd driver only drove about 3 hours total. Took 46 hrs. NEVER again.

Once a year though, we do make a roughly 1000 mile drive (each way). Takes us roughly 17 hrs and we have 2 drivers/1 vehicle. Also make 2-5 800 mile drives (each way) every year. Sometimes there's DH and I to drive along with our 12 and 6 year olds. Sometimes it's just the kids and I. Every month or two, we also make a 230 mile (each way) drive to visit DH's family, stay for a few hrs and then drive home the same day. Sometimes it's both of us with the kids and we rotate drivers, sometimes only one of us goes.

Our kids are pretty used to long drives at this point and thankfully they seem to have grown out of their carsick days. Up until a year or two ago, one or both of them would puke every single long car ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter