~What have you forgotten to pack that you REALLY regretted???

I never forgot anything on a Disney trip but did forget to bring concert tickets with me once.

Oh this reminds me of a time we were travelling to Six Flags. It's a three hour ride away from where we live. We were within a mile of the park when I realized that the tickets I pre-purchased from AAA were in my other purse! I had switched to a backpack purse the night before. This incident made me hyper-aware of my key cards, tickets, etc. for my WDW trip. I tend to be a bit forgetful:rolleyes1.

I did manage to misplace the cards that Universal photographers gave me to retrieve photos later in the day (Universal's version of Photopass). Two days in a row. So the gift shop employees had to look through hundreds of pictures (darkside employees are not as helpful as Disney employees). They went too fast through the day's pictures, and we never found them. Too bad! I really wanted those pics.

Allergy meds--my son does not have allergies here in central NC, but he has problems when we got to WDW and the beach. I didn't know this the first time we went to WDW, so he had itchy red eyes and I had to spend $$$ to get him some OTC meds.

To a PP, I am assuming the scissors are to cut moleskin.

Oh, I also forgot nail clippers one time. Those are a necessity.

Lactaid! We soon wanted to enjoy ice cream, but I forgot to bring it and the don't sell any on Disney property. :(

We forgot to load a suitcase in the car. Unfortunately we didn't realize this until we arrived at the airport. Considering the contents of the suitcase we had no choice but to drive back to the house and get it. Round trip from airport to house is 3 hours, so we had to change our flight - Southwest charged us $600. When we returned I made several calls to Southwest and finally received a refund on the $600.

Polysporin, a box of bandaids and insect repellant. We have only needed the bug stuff once out of a dozen trips, but now I always bring it.

I have never found the need for insect repellant. In fact, I always found it odd that WDW is located in a swamp but yet I have hardly ever noticed a bug. Maybe it's the time of year we visit?

A pair of scissors.
We were so paranoid about going through TSA that we forgot to pack them even in the checked baggage.
First time we had to use moleskin we've tried everything sharp in the hotel room, until we finally decide to go to the nearest store and buy a new pair of scissors.

I have never packed scissors. I just can't imagine needing them that often. However, if you do forget items like this, you could just borrow them from the front desk or mousekeeping.

I forgot my contact lens case once. I was getting ready for bed, went to take out my contacts, and realized I didn't have a case along. I had to get dressed again and go schlepping down to the gift shop, where they fortunately had one I could buy.

Two clean glasses do the trick just as well if you don't want to lay out the money for an extra case.

A few years ago I decided to switch to rechargable batteries for the camera. Halfway thru HS I had to buy new non rechargable batteries. Now I always make sure to pack them and extras.

The best approach I've found is to pack the battery charger and charge them up each night. I onload all my photos on to my laptop at the end of each day too so I start with a fresh card in the morning.

Cold medicine - DH and DD were blessed with a terrible cold while we were there and I hadn't brought anything :scared1: So, we had to buy it at the gift shop - it was outrageous in price and not really what I wanted.

Live and learn!!!

Dont forget to BRING HOME your phone chargers and such.. I have left so many of them plugged into the walls of hotel rooms.

I see a few people forgot scissors.... I've never brought scissors and don't intend too. Just wondering what's the need to take them?:confused3

The reason I like to take them is because one trip..I bought a new razor which was in a bound plastic container for my trip..but I couldn't use it because I couldn't open it..required scissors....:rotfl: I did buy scissors in the gift shop but they were too dull to open the box...so I spent more money on a disposable razor..ugg...but I laugh now :lmao:

On my first trip with DD I forgot, of all things, sunscreen. Now, I'm the person who burns in 15 minutes and doesn't leave home in the summer without slathering it on; DD has the same skin as me. How I forgot it I'll never know.

I've also forgotten a contact lens case, lens solution, my glasses, numerous toiletries, etc. Thankfully all are easily (yet costly) replaced with a trip to the store -- with the exception of my glasses. I just walked around blind at night.

Cough meds...

If you are ever in FL when a cold freeze happens and you need warmer clothes and all the gift shops seem out...head to Norway in Epcot, they had TONS of warm clothing. We were there during record breaking cold in Dec 2010, luckliy we had warm clothes but lots of people were buying everything in sight at the gift shops.

Feminine products. I was 2000% sure I would not get my curse while at Disney, and 'low and behold, I got it on my second day, two weeks early. The pads sold at the hotel do what they need to, but I hated walking around feeling like I was wearing a diaper.

One year, I was getting over a cold and still had a cough. Forgot to pack cough syrup and had to pay through the nose at the resort gift shop for a 4 ounce bottle.:headache:

Ditto with sunscreen. Both my sister and I are fair skinned too so we needed it.:scared1:

Other than that, I usually remember the big stuff.

The reason I like to take them is because one trip..I bought a new razor which was in a bound plastic container for my trip..but I couldn't use it because I couldn't open it..required scissors....:rotfl: I did buy scissors in the gift shop but they were too dull to open the box...so I spent more money on a disposable razor..ugg...but I laugh now :lmao:
Also comes in handy for moleskin, which many people use for blister prevention..;)

Driving from RI to Disney we stopped in North Carolina for the night. That's when it hit me. We had our park tickets with 5 days left on them sitting on my dresser at home.

She never said anything but I know what my wife was thinking.

Not until we arrive at Disney did I remember I had taken pictures of the tickets and they were still on the camera. We were able to get replacements, thankfully!

So, very important here! Take pictures of you tickets and your photo passes in case they get misplaced or left on your dresser.
This is an excellent idea! :thumbsup2

My bathroom bag.

When traveling with my family, I have a family size bathroom bag with all of our needed bathroom items - deoderant, shampoo, brushes, combs, all meds, my contact lense stuff and backup glasses. Plus more.

My husband left it sitting by the front door thinking he'd put everything in the car. When we got to our room at Disney that's when we noticed it was missing.
We had to find a Walgreens to replace most of it but there were several things I couldn't replace easily like my prescription meds that are mail order only and my eyeglasses.

Now when we go as a family, I make sure *I* am the one who puts the bathroom bag in the car. :rotfl:

Not Disney World specific but travelling in general, I always take a couple of those big 'hair claw' things or chip-clip things to clip the curtains shut. That way my girls don't wake up the second the sun peeks over the horizon.

One time I packed everyone's bathing suit but my own. :mad: We were at a hotel in Kansas City for a weekend trip, and had gotten back to the hotel for the evening. Went to hit the pool/hot tub, and no suit for me. So I sat on the side of the hot tub with my feet in. It was a bummer!

I also am sure to take band-aids and keep afew in my park bag because someone always ends up with a scraped knee or a blister.

Which then leads me to Cortizone/Itch creme. Perhaps TMI but man my feet itch like crazy after spending alllllll day schlepping around the park in my shoes. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter