~What have you forgotten to pack that you REALLY regretted???

Swimsuits for a January trip. Really, I didn't forget them. Just didn't think we'd want them and we did! We drive down so anything else we need we can just drive to the store to get it. Like when DH had a problem with his foot/shoe and we just went to Walgreens for some inserts. And when he lost a filling. Again, a trip to Walgreens for a temporary filling kit.

One thing I always make sure we take is anti nausea, anti diarrhea meds, and ibuprophen. Our pediatrician is always happy to prescribe Phenergan "just in case". It helps that he is a Disney fan and knows all too well how a sudden tummy problem can throw a monkey wrench in the works!

A belt for my DH! I don't wear belts, and DH apparently chose to wear something beltless on the plane. Half way to the airport he realized we hadn't packed one, but we were going to be REALLY tight on our flight if we went back, so we spent $35 buying one at the Yacht Club.... From now on that will be the FIRST thing packed!

Oh, and on that same trip we used every last diaper we brought - DS made it home in the last one! :eek: Buying a 10 pk in Disney would have cost us $10!:sick:

I have to LOL about the Belt.. My husband also forgot his and realized that the shorts were dropping at DHS.. We lucked out and bought a $10.00 cheapo that was supposed to be for Pin Trading. (At least that is where it was located at) It did the job for 5 more days..:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Undies for my dd on her 5th bday trip. A Pack at world of disney was like $27!!!

And last trip March 2011 i forgot my bathing suit!

Shirts! I had them laid out to put in my bag right before we left but I was sleepy and somehow forgot them. We had to run to Wal-Mart to pick up some cheap t-shirts.

I've also regretted not bringing extra shoes and don't forget sunscreen. That stuff is expensive onsite and required another trip to Wal-Mart.

There is a great packing check list in the Passporter guide book. See if your local library has the book and photocopy the list.

I second the extra pair of shoes.

One of my flip flops broke at about noon on our first full day in WDW. I searched all over AK but could only find the $35 Mickey crocs. I can't do crocs. Luckily we were going to Cape Canaveral the next day, so I wore a pair of my mom's one-size-too-small flip flops until we could get to a store there. My feet are pretty tough so it was no problem for me to wear a $1.50 pair of flip flops for the rest of our 10 day trip, but some might be in trouble.

I once forgot to bring pajamas for myself and ended up buying a pair in the BWV gift shop.

Driving from RI to Disney we stopped in North Carolina for the night. That's when it hit me. We had our park tickets with 5 days left on them sitting on my dresser at home.

She never said anything but I know what my wife was thinking.

Not until we arrive at Disney did I remember I had taken pictures of the tickets and they were still on the camera. We were able to get replacements, thankfully!

So, very important here! Take pictures of you tickets and your photo passes in case they get misplaced or left on your dresser.

Polysporin, a box of bandaids and insect repellant. We have only needed the bug stuff once out of a dozen trips, but now I always bring it.
I've never thought about bringing bug spray before, but that's brilliant. I can't see where the bugs could get pretty bad in some places!

Things to remember:
1. Extra socks. It's not a bad idea to throw a pair or two in the bag you're carrying with you. Some of the rides can get your feet pretty wet, and walking around in wet socks all day is sooo gross.
2. Chargers. I'm sure you can probably by a replacement on property, but that's not going to be cheap. DBF and I have phones that use the same plug attachment, so if we both plan to pack one we're not totally out of luck should someone forget.
3. Extra camera batteries/charger. Not having a camera would be really sad! If you have an extra battery, bring it with to swap out every other day. That way, you'll always be charged and ready to go.
4. Sunscreen. Always the first thing that gets packed. Pretty obvious there.
5. Extra pair of shoes. Even if you're not expecting it, weird things can happen to shoes. The sole of one of my mom's shoes randomly started peeling off one day, and she was able to switch them out when we took a break.

Other than that, the things that have been suggest above are also good!

On our last family trip we visited the first week in February. We didn't know during our week the temps would drop below freezing. Having packed very few really warm winter clothes, we had to make a run to Walmart. Our search was for hats, warmer clothes and those cheapo two pack of winter gloves. Walmart didn't have ANY gloves. When I asked if they had any gloves period...I was shown mens work gloves and some gardening gloves. So, if you are going during the early part of the year bring those hats, scarves, gloves and turtlenecks. Walmart offered us very little of any of these. Desperate still for hats while at Epcot, we asked at the shop when you get off the Expedition Everest ride. Thankfully, they had marked down clearance hats in the back we were able to buy. I didn't care what they cost....we bought three.

Also, for those of you who rent a house/condo and stay off Disney property. We always rent for our visit and we like to cook before heading to the parks in the morning. Sadly, most of the pans the homeowners buy for these homes are those really cheap pans that are not nonstick. I now bring my own traveling nonstick pan and a can of Pam cooking spray.

Enjoy your trips~!!!

An extra pair of sunglasses.

YES! I normally always carry two pairs when I go anywhere, but I figured this trip I wanted to pack light. Wouldn't you know it, mine completely broke. I had to buy a new pair for like 20 bucks. granted they're now my favorite pair of sunglasses, but still !

I forgot my contact lens case once. I was getting ready for bed, went to take out my contacts, and realized I didn't have a case along. I had to get dressed again and go schlepping down to the gift shop, where they fortunately had one I could buy.

I forgot my contact lens case once. I was getting ready for bed, went to take out my contacts, and realized I didn't have a case along. I had to get dressed again and go schlepping down to the gift shop, where they fortunately had one I could buy.

did this too, thats why i switched to disposables.

batteries and an extra SD card..you do not want to experience the sticker shock. I had to not only buy batteries but clean off my sd card and put them on discs. At the MK park. Yes, totally not what I wanted to do with my extra spending money.

Who knew you could take that many pictures in the space of two days...:rotfl:

Kelly

I would say camera batteries for me as well. The cost in the WDW stores is crazy but we never want to leave property to buy them.

YES! I normally always carry two pairs when I go anywhere, but I figured this trip I wanted to pack light. Wouldn't you know it, mine completely broke. I had to buy a new pair for like 20 bucks. granted they're now my favorite pair of sunglasses, but still !

Exactly what happened to me. Then my replacements broke, so I had to buy a third pair. :headache: I guess I'm really rough on my sunglasses. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter