What have others done to make you roll your eyes and smile?

One more I just remembered from my last trip. A young lady was having trouble with her ticket and the finger scan. After a couple attempts she stated to the CM she didn't remember which finger she used. So after trying every finger and thumb on her right hand she started with her left and the scan matched her left index finger. The gates have a natural flow to insert the ticket with your right hand and place your finger on the scanner. I think it would be a bit awkward to reach across with you left hand to scan your finger. For those who are curious she did happen to be blond.

One more I just remembered from my last trip. A young lady was having trouble with her ticket and the finger scan. After a couple attempts she stated to the CM she didn't remember which finger she used. So after trying every finger and thumb on her right hand she started with her left and the scan matched her left index finger. The gates have a natural flow to insert the ticket with your right hand and place your finger on the scanner. I think it would be a bit awkward to reach across with you left hand to scan your finger. For those who are curious she did happen to be blond.

:lmao: I am a natural blond and would have laughed at this one myself. This thread is great.

I always have to roll my eyes and smile when people used to get MGM and Universal Studios mixed up. Maybe it won't happen so much now with the name change to Disney Studios.

I was at EPCOT in february 2005 and was walking past Norway heading around the promenade and I heard a lady as they were leaving tell her child to "Say goodbye to Norwegia".:rotfl2:

I guess World Geography wasn't one of her best subjects.

Norway is prounced "Nor-ee-Uh" and spelled "Norge" in Norwegian. Maybe it was an attempt at the language.:confused3

The last time we stayed at the Poly we were waiting with a family at the monorail stop. They were waiting for the monorail to Animal Kingdom.

"They were waiting for the monorail to Animal Kingdom."

***snicker***:lmao:

I was at EPCOT in february 2005 and was walking past Norway heading around the promenade and I heard a lady as they were leaving tell her child to "Say goodbye to Norwegia".:rotfl2:

Mabe she thought because the people of Norway are known as Norwegian, they actually came from Norwegia! :confused3 :rotfl2:

Norway is prounced "Nor-ee-Uh" and spelled "Norge" in Norwegian. Maybe it was an attempt at the language.:confused3

If an English speaking person was saying Norway it would be pronounced just as it is spelt. ;) I have Norwegian relatives and have visited them on several occasions. :) When they are talking to me (in English since I can't speak Norwegian :guilty: ) they refer to their homeland as Norway. Just seems to me this lady was trying to sound more intelligent that she actually was! :laughing:

Speaking of confusion over geography, we are always amused at WDW when folks ask where we're from. So far we've been mistaken for Germans, Russians and even Australians. :rolleyes1 When we reply Scotland, most folks seem to think that it is a town in England somewhere near London! :scared1: We are also often asked things like "do you know the queen?" or "we know someone Scottish, do you know Jim from Edinburgh?" :lmao:

My eye roll and smile just came today actually. My Brother, who knows I love Disney just sent me an email "check this site out"...it was for the DIS :lmao: Aww, how sweet is that, though? :lovestruc

My other eye rolls usually happen when people try and tell me about their Disney trips when they actually mean Florida b/c it involved Universal, Disney, a condo, the beach and outlet shopping.
Um, no I mean I was IN Disney for 7 days! ;)

Or they try and tell you the name of the onsite property they stayed at while at Disney..."I think it was the Sheraton. No, no it IS right on site."

or when people refer to the Magic Kingdom as Disney. or when they ask is there really that much to see there? OMG!!

While having lunch at DHS's ABC Commissary, a lady sitting at the next table was talking on a mobile phone trying to tell the person on the other end of the phone what restaurant she was in. She kept saying, "I am at the ABC Commissionary. Yes, the ABC Commissionary". :laughing:

or when people refer to the Magic Kingdom as Disney.

My girlfriend does this. She insists Magic Kingdom is Disney World. Her and her husband go to Orlando at least once a year, they stay off property and usually go to Magic Kingdom one day, when she gets back she always says she went to Disney World. If I ask what park she says Disney Park, like I'm the one who doesn't get it.

My girlfriend does this. She insists Magic Kingdom is Disney World. Her and her husband go to Orlando at least once a year, they stay off property and usually go to Magic Kingdom one day, when she gets back she always says she went to Disney World. If I ask what park she says Disney Park, like I'm the one who doesn't get it.

Ok -- in all fairness, when I went to "Disney World" in 78 and 79, there was only the Magic Kingdom and Lake Buena Vista (which I believe is now DTD), so anytime you went to the MK, you went to Disney World. A lot has changed since then, but maybe some people are still confused, now that "Disney World" encompasses 4 theme parks and DTD? Just a thought. :confused3

When we go to DTD I still refer to it as Disney Village as that's what it was called in the 90's and Chef Mickeys was there as well and used to be a sit down dinner (no buffet) on the water. People roll their eyes at me all the time when I say this. Hey old habits are hard to break. DTD will always be Disney Village to me.

On the topic of the big silver golf ball, before I turned him into a Disneyphile, hubby had never been to WDW and actually believed that all of Epcot was inside the ball!

Oh my god my DH thought the exact same thing! I tease him lovingly about it, but he really knew absolutely nothing about Disney before I came along! :goodvibes

I was buying something in The Art of Disney in Epcot and this woman was speaking to a CM in the store totally confused. Apparently she thought that World Showcase was inside Spaceship Earth. SHe just coudn't understand that WS was outside!! "Oh, I can't walk around in this heat!" She was really mad but c'mon!

Other than that, I ALWAYS find someone on the buses who has no idea what they are talking about but they think they do. I always find myself rolling my eyes and biting my tongue at some of the conversations I heat on the buses.

My DS did the College Program last year and his favorites were people asking if the Spiderman ride was to the left side or right side from Dumbo :confused3

or even better, the ones who knew that Universal was separate park but got mad because that Disney did not have buses to take them there because (wait for it)...."I bought a park hopper so I could go there and you have to take me!!!! :rotfl2:

We were at BWI airport waiting for our delayed flight to MCO last June when a woman waiting with her young daughter at the same gate as us asked my ds6 if he was going to Disney World and he said yes. She said her daughter couldn't wait to be in the Magic Kingdom that night eating at the Crystal Palace with all the princesses. She also said her daughter's favorite ride was ET ride with the bikes in the Magic Kingdom. I bit my lip and smiled trying not to let the know it all Disney fanatic side of me correct her, but ds6 made sure to let them know they'd be seeing the Pooh characters and if she wanted to see ET she better go to Universal. I wish I could have taken a picture of the woman's facial expressions when he told her this. She had her Unofficial Guide book and looked up the ET ride and sheepishly told me he was right.

I heard someone call Boma's Bohiemia.....I started to correct them but just kept walking.

I shall listen more closely next time because I never hear anything that I can roll my eyes to.

When we go to DTD I still refer to it as Disney Village as that's what it was called in the 90's and Chef Mickeys was there as well and used to be a sit down dinner (no buffet) on the water. People roll their eyes at me all the time when I say this. Hey old habits are hard to break. DTD will always be Disney Village to me.

I do the same thing. It will always be the Disney Village!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter