What Happens at the Beach Club... Travels with Teens, Take Two, (PTR) 4/6 p. 29

Great ending to your TR!

OMG to the crying and baby and the 10 year old whining girl. :faint:

Here's my observation on Southwest - they should go back to the pre boarding for all the children and their families. That way they all sit at the FRONT of the plane and are not spread out all OVER the plane. It's like stereo - cries from the front, whines from the back. It's annoying. OK, rant over.

Pretty sunset pics.

I really enjoyed following along. Such a fun trip that you packed so much into over a short period of time.

:rotfl2: to the missing candy!

Hello, friend!

You know how some people binge watch tv series on Netflix? Well, that was me this morning, except I didn't watch tv...I read your TR from around Mark's birthday (and subsequent nasty spill) all the way to the end! And silly me forgot to take notes to comment on what I wanted to comment on. Phooey! Oh well, I'll try my best to remember.

I thoroughly enjoyed all of your pictures! Seeing the peaceful, early morning BC brought a smile to my face. It's my favorite place in the whole world! It's so beautiful. I'm not an early riser at home but I am when I'm at WDW and seeng the beauty of the resorts before everyone is up and about is the little bit of calm I need since nothing else on our trips are calm! And since it's currently sleeting here in Chicago, the pictures of SAB transported me to a happier place.

BTMRR and TTA are two of my favorite rides at MK too! Throw in Mickey's Philharmagic and it's my trifecta of MK rides!

I'm so glad the epic DISmeet was a success! And continuing it late into the evening is even better! Wish I could have joined you all.

I'm not surprised you were the recipient of kindness....room, park tickets, PhotoPass. Disney people are the kindest bunch of people I've ever met. You might even say they are Magical!

Favorite Disney movie.....that's a hard one. I adore all three Toy Story movies but also Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc, and Mary Poppins are my favorites too! Least favorite.....Ratatouille. Or Cars 2. Ick.

Thank you for sharing your trip with your legions of fans!

I'm following along! From what I've read so far, it sounds like y'all had a lot of fun! And I absolutely love the Beach Club.

For #1-
Yellowstone National Park

I'm smarter than the av - er - age bear. ;)

Ding! Ding! Ding!

You got it, Sue!

:cheer2:

Clue #2- What will I say when I bid farewell to Nate as he heads off to college?

"Bye, Son!"

:lmao:

Ooh, Yellowstone! I really want to visit there one of these days. It will have to wait until my youngest is a good bit older. Vacations with a toddler are a bit more bearable in the Disney bubble.

Ugh at the kid behind you. I swear, when deciding to have kids, one priority was to make sure I didn't allow them I act like complete jack wagons. Lessons like don't kick the seat in front of you, don't bang your flatware on the table, try to behave like you're ten and not two - these are important.

This is the first time we are doing a National Park, which is a little out of comfort zone- not Disney and not a beach. But now that the kids are older, we think it should be a fun trip.

I agree- the parents really should have stepped in to tell the girl to stop whining. The more I see other kids out in public, the more I appreciate the way mine behave.

:thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
What age will Nate be when he goes to college? Connor is 17 and has this year and next year left of school so will be almost 19 but he is the older end of his year (sept birthday-June birthdays are the youngest).

Nate will be (just) 18 when he heads off to college. His birthday is in July, so he is one of the younger kids in his class. I really should have held him back a year, and I tried when he was in first grade, but the school did not agree.

:sad2:

Great ending to your TR!

OMG to the crying and baby and the 10 year old whining girl. :faint:

Here's my observation on Southwest - they should go back to the pre boarding for all the children and their families. That way they all sit at the FRONT of the plane and are not spread out all OVER the plane. It's like stereo - cries from the front, whines from the back. It's annoying. OK, rant over.

Pretty sunset pics.

I really enjoyed following along. Such a fun trip that you packed so much into over a short period of time.

:rotfl2: to the missing candy!

Thank you!!!

I don't blame the baby for being loud, but the girl was really annoying!

Nice suggestion for SW. We just recently had a couple of flights with them. Mark really, really does not like not having assigned seats. And we (I) am too cheap to pay for them!

I was pretty impressed by Ben's joke.

I really appreciate you reading and riding along on this trip!

:goodvibes

Hello, friend!

You know how some people binge watch tv series on Netflix? Well, that was me this morning, except I didn't watch tv...I read your TR from around Mark's birthday (and subsequent nasty spill) all the way to the end! And silly me forgot to take notes to comment on what I wanted to comment on. Phooey! Oh well, I'll try my best to remember.

I thoroughly enjoyed all of your pictures! Seeing the peaceful, early morning BC brought a smile to my face. It's my favorite place in the whole world! It's so beautiful. I'm not an early riser at home but I am when I'm at WDW and seeng the beauty of the resorts before everyone is up and about is the little bit of calm I need since nothing else on our trips are calm! And since it's currently sleeting here in Chicago, the pictures of SAB transported me to a happier place.

BTMRR and TTA are two of my favorite rides at MK too! Throw in Mickey's Philharmagic and it's my trifecta of MK rides!

I'm so glad the epic DISmeet was a success! And continuing it late into the evening is even better! Wish I could have joined you all.

I'm not surprised you were the recipient of kindness....room, park tickets, PhotoPass. Disney people are the kindest bunch of people I've ever met. You might even say they are Magical!

Favorite Disney movie.....that's a hard one. I adore all three Toy Story movies but also Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc, and Mary Poppins are my favorites too! Least favorite.....Ratatouille. Or Cars 2. Ick.

Thank you for sharing your trip with your legions of fans!

:wave2:

Thanks so much for reading along.

I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you to be there for the meet. I know you would have had a blast with us.

Early morning at the Beach Club = :love:

That's a great lineup for favorite MK attractions. I think my 3 would replace Pirates for Philharmagic, but BTMRR and TTA are at the top for me, too!

DIS/Disney friends most certainly do ROCK!!!

Thanks for sharing your votes for top (and not) Disney movies.

See ya on the FAQ!

:cool1:

I'm following along! From what I've read so far, it sounds like y'all had a lot of fun! And I absolutely love the Beach Club.

:welcome:

Thanks for reading. I'm so glad to have you following along!

I'm glad to hear you love the Beach Club. Such a great place!

:woohoo:

It sounds like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing.

:welcome:

I appreciate you reading about the trip!

Exactly 4 weeks from right now, we will be on a plane on our way to "The Theme Park Which Must Not Be Named"

So far our only family trips to Florida have been "In Summer". We are really looking forward to being there during a cooler time of year and we are excited that it will be getting dark early so we can enjoy some attractions after dark without being exhausted.

No Disney on this trip. We have 4 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel and 5 pretty full days at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. Universal does not have 5 day admission tickets, but Annual Passes are just $20 per person more than the 4 day tickets, so we all have those.

Plus, with an Annual Pass, there are frequently room discounts for the onsite resorts. Unfortunately, there were no discounts on standard rooms for our dates, BUT we were able to upgrade to club level for $9 per night over the rate we had previously booked.

The boys don't know that yet, so they will be surprised at checkin.

pixiedust:

We stayed club level at the Portofino in July 2011, but the lounge did not open for breakfast until 7 am, the same time that the parks opened to onsite guests, so we never took advantage of the breakfast offerings. :headache: We didn't book club level at the Hard Rock in July 2013 for that reason. But during our stay, the lounge will be opening at 7 am and Universal Studios opens at 8. Perfect!!

This is the Diagon Alley area under construction in July 2013.

Can't wait to see the completed area!!!

We don't have any set dining plans for the trip. We will return to favorites Bubba Gumps and probably Margaritaville. We will definitely eat at Three Broomsticks and hopefully the Leaky Cauldron. We have missed dining at Thunderfalls Terrace, which overlooks the Jurassic Park ride drop, on our previous trips, but it is a must-do this year. Maybe Finnegans. The boys want to go to Lombards-again-for our traditional first day lunch, but Mark and I are meh on that!

I would love to get together for dinner with my friend Teena but we won't have a car and she won't drive to the Darkside. Maybe we will see what cab fare is to the closest Red Lobster she will drive to!

:rotfl2:

In other news...

This week is tech week for Spamalot, so we will be out at rehearsal every night this week. Ben is the Black Knight.

Shows are Friday, Saturday and Sunday the next two weekends.

Yes, there is a 2 pm matinee on Superbowl Sunday! Never fear, I will be home in time to root on our New England Patriots in the Superbowl.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I know there is a lot of hate for our team outside of our area, but we have paid our dues! Mark and I have been loyal fans of the team for almost 40 years, literally before Tom Brady was even born!

We stood by them through some pretty lean years, when they didn't come close to selling out (Sullivan) stadium, and the games were blacked out on the Boston stations. Fortunately, we lived in NH and could get the games that were broadcast out of Maine, so we never missed watching them play.

Let's Go Pats!

:woohoo:

Sounds like a fun trip Dee! Florida is sooooo awesome in the winter! It is so fabulous to get away from the cold for a little while. You won't want to come back. It was harder to leave when I knew it would be 40-50 or more degrees colder when I got home. That's great you got APs totally worth it!!
Yes!! Go Pats! My DH was at the game last night getting drenched. But it was all worth it. Actually he said he was bone dry under all his rain gear he got at West Marine. (Those fisherman know what they're doing lol. Lol)

Dee-
I can't wait to get back to UA/IOA to see Diagon Alley!! Have you eaten at Mythos? We really enjoyed it.

Huge Pats fans in our house so yesterday was a great day!
thumb.aspx

The trip to the Dark Side sounds like a good one. I'm loving the $9 a night deal that got you upgraded to club level. :thumbsup2 Poor Teena doesn't want to set foot anywhere close to the Dark Side huh? Guess you'll just have to budget for the cab.

It sounds like a great deal on the resort and the Club Level. And you can't beat only $20 more for the AP.

I hope you can figure out a way to get to see Teena while you are there.

We need to try Bubba Gump again; we ate at the one in Daytona Beach and it wasn't good at all. I think it was the location and the lack of service.

We usually eat at Emeril's when we are at City Walk (which is obviously very rare since we never do the Dark Side anymore).

One month until the dark side. Nice. Sounds like its going to be a great trip. Nice upgrade to club level.

Is this the trip where you are leaving Orlando and I am coming in the same day?

Hope you can arrange to meet Teena.

Dee - sounds like a good plan. Congrats on the annual passes and ability to upgrade to club level for just a bit. Enjoy the cooler weather. We did in December. No worry of heat stroke or possibility of shoe soles melting in blacktop in Epcot!

Hope you have a chance to visit with Teena.

Ben looking dashing in his costume.

Hope for you - your team plays well and you enjoy the superbowl!

Rebecca

Once you find out how nice it is to be in Florida when it is cold at home, you might never return in the hot summer.

Of course we hate the Patriots - on principal. But in case it makes you feel better, we don't like the Seahawks, either. ;)

Your trip will be here before you know it-brilliant deal on the HRH club level :thumbsup2 Really hope you manage to hook up with Teena. Think we paid $60 round trip for cab from Hyatt Regency at lake buena vista in the summer so maybe you could do something similar and dine at DTD if Teena not happy to drive to you :) Every time we go to Universal we have to check at Finnegans to see if they have anyone playing and if it sounds good we eat there. Last time there was a guy singing a lot of Van Morrison songs. He was brilliant and a great nights craic was had by all :goodvibes It will be brilliant to be there at a quieter time of year :thumbsup2
Oh and I dont know much about American Football but even I know who Tom Brady is ;) Good luck for the big game-I will try to watch. My husband will watch and I, as usual, will likely fail miserably and fall asleep but this year I promise I will try harder just for you :cheer2::yay:

Sorry folks!!! I started writing replies sometime last week, but apparently I didn't finish or post.

:blush:

I have not been able to get back here because I have been so busy with rehearsals, preparation and our first 3 Spamalot! shows last weekend. Three more to go- Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Haven't even had time to think about our trip to The Dark Side in two and a half weeks! Fortunately, not much pre-planning needed for this one.

Sounds like a fun trip Dee! Florida is sooooo awesome in the winter! It is so fabulous to get away from the cold for a little while. You won't want to come back. It was harder to leave when I knew it would be 40-50 or more degrees colder when I got home. That's great you got APs totally worth it!!
Yes!! Go Pats! My DH was at the game last night getting drenched. But it was all worth it. Actually he said he was bone dry under all his rain gear he got at West Marine. (Those fisherman know what they're doing lol. Lol)

Did you have much trouble this week with the storm?

We are really excited to be experiencing Florida at a time when we won't be melting on the sidewalks. Mark and I have been once or twice in January/November but those were trips before we had the boys.

I love travelling at this time of year, because we will be in shorts (even if it is on the cool side) and because by the time we get home, it starts staying lighter later.

Your poor hubby. Glad he found gear to keep him dry during the game. :umbrella:

The hype for the big game has been somewhat tempered with all of the blizzard banter this week. We watched the Pats at media day, though. 'Lil Mayo was a riot asking Bill what his favorite stuffed animal was!

:lmao:

Dee-
I can't wait to get back to UA/IOA to see Diagon Alley!! Have you eaten at Mythos? We really enjoyed it.

Huge Pats fans in our house so yesterday was a great day!
thumb.aspx

We ate at Mythos on our first trip to US in 2011. It was good, but didn't blow us away. Not sure why. But Ben put it on our list of possibilities for this trip.

How did you do during the storm this week?

I'm sure you are getting psyched for the game!

The trip to the Dark Side sounds like a good one. I'm loving the $9 a night deal that got you upgraded to club level. :thumbsup2 Poor Teena doesn't want to set foot anywhere close to the Dark Side huh? Guess you'll just have to budget for the cab.

Can't wait to see the reaction when the boys find out we are club level. We don't surprise them a lot because we like to involve them in all our planning. They totally won't be expecting this since we didn't do club level last time we stayed at the Hard Rock.

It sounds like a great deal on the resort and the Club Level. And you can't beat only $20 more for the AP.

I hope you can figure out a way to get to see Teena while you are there.

We need to try Bubba Gump again; we ate at the one in Daytona Beach and it wasn't good at all. I think it was the location and the lack of service.

We usually eat at Emeril's when we are at City Walk (which is obviously very rare since we never do the Dark Side anymore).

It will be interesting to see if our AP results in any unexpected trips to Florida in the coming year. I understand that is one of the risks of an AP!!!

Still no plans in place to meet up with Teena- she will be away on a cruise the week before we leave.

Bubba Gump literally saved one of our nights when everyone was hungry and grumpy and our meal plans were NOT working out.

We haven't tried Emeril's. BAM!

:rotfl:

One month until the dark side. Nice. Sounds like its going to be a great trip. Nice upgrade to club level.

Is this the trip where you are leaving Orlando and I am coming in the same day?

Hope you can arrange to meet Teena.

Now we have to hope the weather will cooperate for our flights out. I have two friends from my home town who are "stuck" in Florida this week. One was supposed to return from Disney on Tuesday, but the blizzard delayed their trip home. Bummer! ;)

Yes, I'll look around for you in the airport, but I don't think we will be crossing paths :(

Your trip does not sound too shabby either!!!

::yes::

Dee - sounds like a good plan. Congrats on the annual passes and ability to upgrade to club level for just a bit. Enjoy the cooler weather. We did in December. No worry of heat stroke or possibility of shoe soles melting in blacktop in Epcot!

Hope you have a chance to visit with Teena.

Ben looking dashing in his costume.

Hope for you - your team plays well and you enjoy the superbowl!

Rebecca

The December weather must have been a nice change from the Aug trip. If I recall correctly- it was a bit hot!

:scared:

Thanks for the kind comments about Ben. The show is soooooo good!!! Ben's role is small, but he does a great job. Wicked talented cast.

Thanks for the good wishes on the football game. Mark still won't talk about the year the Patriots went 19-0 and then lost the Superbowl.

:sad1:

Once you find out how nice it is to be in Florida when it is cold at home, you might never return in the hot summer.

Of course we hate the Patriots - on principal. But in case it makes you feel better, we don't like the Seahawks, either. ;)

My ideal time to travel to the World would be in October, followed by early December for both the weather and activities at those times of the year. But as long as we are taking the kids along, we are tied to their school vacation schedules.

I think the support for the two teams playing in the Superbowl outside of the New England and Seattle regions is going to be a lot like a political election. People will be choosing to support the lesser of two evils.

Your trip will be here before you know it-brilliant deal on the HRH club level :thumbsup2 Really hope you manage to hook up with Teena. Think we paid $60 round trip for cab from Hyatt Regency at lake buena vista in the summer so maybe you could do something similar and dine at DTD if Teena not happy to drive to you :) Every time we go to Universal we have to check at Finnegans to see if they have anyone playing and if it sounds good we eat there. Last time there was a guy singing a lot of Van Morrison songs. He was brilliant and a great nights craic was had by all :goodvibes It will be brilliant to be there at a quieter time of year :thumbsup2
Oh and I dont know much about American Football but even I know who Tom Brady is ;) Good luck for the big game-I will try to watch. My husband will watch and I, as usual, will likely fail miserably and fall asleep but this year I promise I will try harder just for you :cheer2::yay:

Our trip really is coming up quick! Ben could not believe it when I told him it was in two and a half weeks. He has been distracted by the show the past couple of weeks.

I tried to see if I could get reservations at 'Ohana and meet Teena and Bob there, but there were no openings during our trip. Maybe I will try again this morning to see if anything has changed.

Finnegan's is on the list for us to try.

That's ok- you don't have to watch the game. I just hope my screams don't wake you up from across the Atlantic!!!

:rotfl2:

The blizzard wasn't any worse than what we've had. We never lost power which is what I was most worried about. And my DH wasn't in FL!!! Every time it snowed last year me and DS were snow blowing...NOT fun! It was nice to have him home.
I'm home from school again today!!! :(. My boys went back today.
I teach in an urban district and lots of kids walk to school. I guess they're having trouble doing all the cleanup. I hope I go back tomorrow. At this rate we'll be in school til almost July again.

Just because I've been away from the DISboards for over 2 months due to family health issues, doesn't mean you have to wrap your TR up when I show back up! :lmao: I have spent the last couple of hours getting caught up and as usual enjoyed your TR immensely. I'm glad y'all had such a great DISmeet. I would add it to my bucket list of times to visit WDW but I'm going to have to retire and move to FL in order to do all the things I have on my list now! I finally got to meet Teena during our October, 2014 trip (TR finally started...see link below) and DW and I really enjoyed chatting with her. So glad you got to eat at Kouzzina's. We ate there twice during our June, 2014 trip knowing it would be closing soon and really enjoyed it. So sad to see it close. I really enjoyed this TR and I am looking forward to your next one to the park that must not be named!

2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am green. And just realizing how close our trips are to almost overlapping....except I won't be going to the the park(s) I am happy to name and I think you'll be back before I land.

I love Jake's, can't recall if you guys have eaten there before or not and if you hit up The Kitchen...the friend chicken and waffles are the bomb! Their breakfast looks pretty good but I can't see you guys missing parks for a sit down breakfast!

I will say, skip breakfast at The Three Broomsticks, ours was horrid last year. Which was sad as we did like it the year prior. Go figure.

Yikes! I was further behind than I thought! Sorry Dee!

Hehehe Mildest Ride in the Wilderness. I totally love that ride, also puts a smile on my face!

Cool timing in the Mine Train line, so glad you got to ride together!

Wooowwwww... close call with the People Mover! Good thing you got on!

Great pics from MK that last day!

Time for a swim!! Love that pool, some day I'm going to try it myself.

Booooo time to go home. That girl behind you sounds really... pleasant.

Hahaha love that Ben hid the candy on you, too funny.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us Dee!!

I can't wait to hear all about the next class trip, and the trip to the Theme Park Which Must Not Be Named!

You must be getting sooo excited to get warm in just 2 weeks! We have had a total of 30 inches of snow in the last week in my area of RI and I am all set!

We leave 4 weeks from tomorrow to go to WDW with 140 HS Band and Chorus kids and just the thought of warm sun is keeping me sane!

Hope you enjoyed the Superbowl!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter