What great off-site restaurants am I missing out on?

Portugal1000

DIS Veteran
Our 14th trip less than three weeks away, staying at Bonnet Creek, so starting to make our plans. Only have 15 nights this time so trying to be a bit more organised. We love eating out at nice restaurants and have restaurants that have been our firm favourites for years, but every year we try to go to a couple of new ones. Some stay on the list, others don't. So wondering what great off-site places I am missing out on. All recommendations greatly received.

Our favourites

Dinners
Longhorns
Cheesecake Factory
Carrabba's
Bosphorus
Toojays

Lunches/Snacks
Steak and Shake
Sweet Tomatoes
Earl of Sandwich
Cookes of Dublin
Twistee Treat

Will also try these for the first time
Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
Cowfish
Deep Blu Seafood Grill (at Bonnet Creek)

I think we got over the Disney restaurants a long time ago. Loved it when we had the free dining at SSR but soon realised that so overpriced and standards dropped significantly that just couldn't justify paying oop. However, I know lots of new restaurants at Disney Springs so willing to give it a go for something special.

Thanks

Seasons 52 (dinner) and Burger 21 (lunch) are on our repeat performance list. Guess we like restaurants with numbers in the name. Have to admit that B21 is on the list because they do Gluten Free for my son, but we go even when he's not along.

10 minutes away is downtown Celebration. Great restaurants: Columbia, Celebration Town Tavern and a very good Italian restaurant that I can't remember the name of. After diner go to Kilwins for the best ice cream.

I second Miller's Ale House! They have a really great weekday lobster special.

If a chain restaurant has two or more locations in the United States, you can bet that one of them is within 2 miles of one of WDW's borders. So, in the immediate vicinity of WDW, you aren't missing much.

If you are interested in better options, try up in the Dr. Phillips neighborhood. This is within the radius of the Convention Center and it's expense-account bearing inhabitants, but beyond the "convention zone" littered with Ruth's Chris/Morton's/etc.

Bruno's on 192 in Kissimmee - fabulous NY Italian food.

Thanks everyone. Will report back on any new ones I tried.
Really like the Dr Phillips area. Two of our favourite restaurants there. Toojays and Bosphorus

Second vote for Manny's, The Columbia and Miller's Ale House. Here's another gem if you like Tex-Mex, Chuy's. On 192 across from Target. Awesome Tex-Mex that is very reasonably priced.

Charley's steak house near Celebration is great. I loved the seafood mixed grill and lobster mac and cheese.

Celebration Town Tavern is also a favorite.

Thanks everyone. Will report back on any new ones I tried.
Really like the Dr Phillips area. Two of our favourite restaurants there. Toojays and Bosphorus

In Dr. Phillips, I've heard really great things about The Whiskey and Bartaco. Haven't been in a while, but Pharmacy was really good. It's a "speakeasy", so the entrance is hidden, which is pretty neat.

Columbia in Celebration is my absolute favourite restaurant. Love going to Kilwin's after for dessert!

Cafe Tu Tu Tango
Moonfish
Seasons 52
Slate
Dragonfly
Cooper Hawk
Yard House

Check out 4 Rivers Smokehouse and get the burnt ends. It will be the best BBQ you've ever had. They are a small FL-based chain that's expanding quickly, and there are several locations around Orlando, including one downtown. Website: https://4rsmokehouse.com/

Check out 4 Rivers Smokehouse and get the burnt ends. It will be the best BBQ you've ever had. They are a small FL-based chain that's expanding quickly, and there are several locations around Orlando, including one downtown. Website: https://4rsmokehouse.com/

Looks great, my son loves the beef brisket sandwich at Toojays, infact, thats the only thing he ever orders there so think he will love this place. Could pop in before or after the go carts in Fun Spot

Cafe Tu Tu Tango
Moonfish
Seasons 52
Slate
Dragonfly
Cooper Hawk
Yard House

All look good, have been meaning to go to Seasons 52 for so many trips now. Saw that its includied in Magical Dining month so might finally get there.

Columbia in Celebration is my absolute favourite restaurant. Love going to Kilwin's after for dessert!

Looks really nice. have only been to Celebration once but always wanted to go back.

So many restaurants and so little time!

Flippers. It's a local chain but the food is pretty decent. A good lunch or casual dinner spot. We prefer the location on 192 west in the Target shopping center (right next to a Sweet Tomatoes). There's one in Crossroads also but we just find the 192 site is nicer (and a bit away from the main tourist area).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter