What great off-site restaurants am I missing out on?

I don't generally include chain restaurants on a list of "great" off site places but since your original post was mostly chains, I'll also mention Red Robin. If you don't have one where you live, it's worth checking out. Great burgers and other things and a nice bar if you'd also like an adult beverage. There is one at Champions Gate and I think there are a couple of others in the Disney vicinity.

I don't generally include chain restaurants on a list of "great" off site places but since your original post was mostly chains, I'll also mention Red Robin. If you don't have one where you live, it's worth checking out. Great burgers and other things and a nice bar if you'd also like an adult beverage. There is one at Champions Gate and I think there are a couple of others in the Disney vicinity.

I live in england so definitely no Red Robin near me. Very happy to hear about some non chain restaurants. We love our favourites but would be nice to go to some places where theres only one of.

We love the Benihanas on International Drive. Their lunch deals are great. We get the filet with soup or salad, veggies and fried rice for around $15. It is like the Teppan place in Epcot but way less expensive.

QKenan is a great casual spot with Venezuelan on International Drive near the mall on Vineland. They have good empanadas, maduritos and fried plantains.

Blaze pizza is a new favorite. They are in Disney Springs. 2 can share an $11 customized pizza with the works. It is a good option for a quick late night bite. Art Smith's place looks great also.

Thai Thani is an interesting thai restaurant with two locations.

We must get the 1905 salad with black bean soup and a Cuban sandwich for lunch at the Cuban restaurant Columbia in Celebration.

Also in Celebration, we have never had a bad meal at Café D Antonio. Love the calamari, pizza and rack of lamb.

Head up to Winter Park on Fridays to have great BBQ at Four Rivers before touring the Morse Museum with its Tiffany collection for free in the evening. Winter Park has many great dining options and is a really cute town.

I thought of another place though it's a bit farther away, actually close to Universal, called the Peach Valley Cafe. They are only open for breakfast and lunch. The food is delicious and the prices are very reasonable. They are famous for their apple fritters so be sure and get an order of those - yum! It's about 15 miles from property on Dr. Phillips Blvd.

If you are in the mood for a real adventure, I recommend driving to Tampa for the day on Sunday and going to the Wat temple thai market. You need to get there by 10 am before they sell out. It is a really different experience that is much loved by locals. You can combine the trip with other Tampa or St Pete activities if you need a break from the parks. The Dali Museum in St Pete is fantastic (and air conditioned).

There are a couple of places on 192 in Kissimmee that are worth checking out.

El Tenampa is a great little Mexican spot....not very expensive, good food.... doesn't look like much from the outside though.

Rodeo Diner is a little farther down 192 but is so worth the drive. Great food with low prices and large portions. We ate here once for breakfast on our last trip and we will definitely be returning.....lots of locals, not many tourists.

Rodeo Diner is a little farther down 192 but is so worth the drive. Great food with low prices and large portions. We ate here once for breakfast on our last trip and we will definitely be returning.....lots of locals, not many tourists.
I think this is the first time I've ever heard anyone mention this place. It is rather far down so not all that convenient to Disney property. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time we volunteer at GKTW Village since we'd be a good part of the way there already.

I've always gone with a car, and on our last trip we took multiple trips to Ruby Tuesday for lunch. They shut them all down here in Texas and I love their salad bar (and getting a lot of veggies is a tough thing to do when you're in the parks, so it's almost our detox place). :)

Our 14th trip less than three weeks away, staying at Bonnet Creek, so starting to make our plans. Only have 15 nights this time so trying to be a bit more organised. We love eating out at nice restaurants and have restaurants that have been our firm favourites for years, but every year we try to go to a couple of new ones. Some stay on the list, others don't. So wondering what great off-site places I am missing out on. All recommendations greatly received.

Our favourites

Dinners
Longhorns
Cheesecake Factory
Carrabba's
Bosphorus
Toojays

Lunches/Snacks
Steak and Shake
Sweet Tomatoes
Earl of Sandwich
Cookes of Dublin
Twistee Treat

Will also try these for the first time
Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
Cowfish
Deep Blu Seafood Grill (at Bonnet Creek)

I think we got over the Disney restaurants a long time ago. Loved it when we had the free dining at SSR but soon realised that so overpriced and standards dropped significantly that just couldn't justify paying oop. However, I know lots of new restaurants at Disney Springs so willing to give it a go for something special.

Thanks
I think Cowfish is terrific. Good choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!