• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you wish you could tell someone?

We met for the first time 45 years ago & I remember nothing about it but I am glad I have the pictures from that day. When our paths crossed again when I was a teenager, we had more time to spend together & it was so much fun that I knew you would be a special part of my life. Years later, introducing my children to you was so exciting, almost overwhelming!

I can’t pinpoint exactly when things changed because it is more of a feeling than an actual event that happened. Years ago, you were more spontaneous. Today, it seems like everything needs to be rigidly planned out. Lately, you seem to be all about the money too, which really bothers me. You keep us on an emotional roller-coaster. We are fully invested in you because so many of our happiest times & memories have been spent with you, yet we do miss the old days. When you are putting the effort in, really putting it in, we notice & when you start to slack, we notice-because you set the bar so high in the beginning.

Anyway, thanks for listening-we will be back in August, so please make sure Tower of Terror is working :)

Brilliant!! Love this!!!

Stop pressuring me into big decisions by making them not seem so big and then judging me when it doesn't work out.
I refuse to make the decision based on just your opinion anymore.

I'd like to tell my son's principal that I'm annoyed at him for suspending my son for 2 days for participating in a protest against gun violence last Friday. I understand he broke the rules (my son was charged with "truancy," because they walked 10 feet outside the door to protest at the flag pole). But he is twelve years old, he is passionate about gun control, and he made a stupid mistake. The rules are the rules, but to put a mark on a kid's permanent record (that will follow him to his college applications) for a bad decision that didn't hurt anyone is just silly, IMO.

Please dress your age. You're almost 50. Dressing like Madonna from the 80's is not appropriate for the office. Neither is go-go boots, low cut shirts or short skirts so tight and short it doesn't leave much to the imagination.

Sorry, when I see hypocrisy I point it out.

Stop bragging about your kid and your parenting skills. It makes you seem petty and insecure. You're not all that, and really no one cares.

I'd like to tell my son's principal that I'm annoyed at him for suspending my son for 2 days for participating in a protest against gun violence last Friday. I understand he broke the rules (my son was charged with "truancy," because they walked 10 feet outside the door to protest at the flag pole). But he is twelve years old, he is passionate about gun control, and he made a stupid mistake. The rules are the rules, but to put a mark on a kid's permanent record (that will follow him to his college applications) for a bad decision that didn't hurt anyone is just silly, IMO.

I don't think it's a mistake if it's something he strongly believes in. Most colleges are saying they won't hold those kinds of things against applicants. Does the college you teach at it consider it a negative?

I wish I could say hello to my aunt Norah just one more time. Just see her face one more time, just hug her once more time but her funeral is on Tuesday and I have been spending a lot of time in her house getting it ready to clean and sell which is not a happy time. Oddly though I keep talking to her when I am in the house.

Trying to manipulate me into giving you things or doing things for you, coupled with your air of entitlement, is the best way to ensure that I not do ANYTHING with or for you.

Oh, and P.S. ... you're about as subtle as a freight train. :thumbsup2

Please tell your son that I really admire what he did. I also don't believe it was a mistake. I really admire that someone so young is so brave and stands up to his principles.

Some rules are worth breaking. I would be a proud mama. I can't imagine most colleges would blink an eye at something like this.

aprilchem--I would not worry about any 'permanent record' ramifications on this. My son's University has posted an open letter on their FB page that any current students, or any incoming students who participate in any peaceful protests will not have any ramifications with regards to their status at the school. I know many others have as well.

aprilchem--I would not worry about any 'permanent record' ramifications on this. My son's University has posted an open letter on their FB page that any current students, or any incoming students who participate in any peaceful protests will not have any ramifications with regards to their status at the school. I know many others have as well.

Plus, at 12 I assume he’s not in HS, so it’s not going to show up on as part of his HS records.

Trust does not come easy to me because of you. It’s very hard for me to trust anyone. Don’t ask me why I don’t want you in my house.

Thank you. I did read part of the thread that you mention but as I saw where it was heading I had to stop and now I just offer silent prayers for the family whenever I see the heading as I'm browsing the boards. I hadn't considered starting a thread until you mentioned it but may reach out at some point.

Thank you so much

Thank you. You could very well be right and it doesn't help that while I talk about my son often, I spend every second of the day fighting off my grief so I can function well enough to take care of my daughter and try to keep things as normal as possible for her as she doesn't understand what has happened to her brother or how to express her feelings of missing him. I will check into the site you mentioned , hopefully I can find some comfort there and help with how to help my DD>

Thank you so much
Prayers for you. You are living my worse nightmare. You reaching out here means you need help or somebody to talk to that cares. Somebody posted an organization or start here. Inthink you didnby getting those thoughts out. . I know I could not deal with what you are dealing with alone. No shame in looking for comfort, understanding, help. You deserve it.

Background: our town has a Mardi Gras carnival King and Queen and children prince and princess. A big deal.

To Darling Daughter age 11: I was asked last year if you and your brother would be prince and princess. I know this is every Girls dream in our town and especially yours. But I also know that this would be your brother’s worst nightmare. I tried my best to convince him , he was crying , I was screaming also crying. I even Bribe him with a iphone/ MacBook. He would not budge. You know how he is an introvert and being put up on stage is not his thing. The committee only wanted you as a brother and sister pair so without him you would not be princess. I’m so sorry. I told your brother that he has to take this to the grave.

Stop. Just Stop! He is not perfect. I love him like my own but just like my own he has faults and makes mistakes. You are not helping him by defending him on Facebook and making statements about things you know nothing about. You make him look bad and you look stupid. He has enough sense to ignore it, follow suit.

You do not get to take someone else’s party and make it his. You do not get to take someone else’s business and make it about him or part his. I don’t care if you own 25% there is still a 75% owner that gets the finale say so. Just stop. He does not want you to do these things. Can you not figure out why he doesn’t come around you??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter