What do you think the incentives will be for Riviera after 10/30?

€lairebear

Mouseketeer
I’m curious what everyone thinks Riviera incentives will be after 10/30. I have heard mix reviews on how sales are doing. The free points depending on the the number of points purchase ends today. Do you anticipate incentives to be more enticing or earlier purchasers gets the best incentives? I read historically incentives never gets better the longer the resort has been up for sale. Wondering what your thoughts are especially long tine dvc owners or folks that follow sales incentive trends. I’m still pretty new to dvc.

Here’s what I found when I looked into CCV sales incentives historically back in April. Basically net price does not fluctuate too much over the life of the active selling period despite direct prices going up twice. Caveat: past performance does not guarantee future results.

If CCV was any indication, the incentives are unlikely to go away forever.

Over the 2 years it took to sell out CCV, prices were raised twice. It went from $176 to $182 about 10 months after it started selling, and then went up again from $182 to 188 about 12 months later. All told, over 2 years, it went up all of $12 dollars.

But ignoring the direct price, and looking at the $/pt cost of a contract over that same 2-year period, factoring in incentives (does not include closing costs), there was not a ton of variance, and at one point, about 19 months into sales, the prices were dropped significantly.

175 points
$166.00/point (Apr, 2017)
$166.49/point (Jun, 2017)
$164.86/point (Feb, 2018)
$170.57/point (May, 2018)
$163.14/point (Nov, 2018)
$173.71/point (Feb, 2019)
$172.29/point (Mar, 2019)
$180.86/point (Apr, 2019)

250 points
$160.00/point (Apr, 2017)
$162.96/point (Jun, 2017)
$162.00/point (Feb, 2018)
$168.00/point (May, 2018)
$162.40/point (Nov, 2018)
$172.00/point (Feb, 2019)
$171.00/point (Mar, 2019)
$180.00/point (Apr, 2019)

300 points
$160.17/point (Apr, 2017)
$162.46/point (Jun, 2017)
$160.33/point (Feb, 2018)
$165.33/point (May, 2018)
$160.67/point (Nov, 2018)
$171.33/point (Feb, 2019)
$169.50/point (Mar, 2019)
$178.00/point (Apr, 2019)

Not that past results guarantees future performance, but given all the unknown variables with the new restrictions, and the sheer magnitude of the resort it may not hurt (as much) to wait it out a little, as it's unlikely to sell out as quickly as CCV.

I can confirm that whatever incentives are coming are not better than today. I just added on my contract today and we discussed it. It sounded like the only change was the free points going away, but that any financial things would not be better..at least at the 135 point level that I bought.

The price is not changing for sure. Now, I did not ask about higher point levels since I wouldn’t be eligible anyway.

It sounded like the $500 for 125...current owners..would still be there.

Here’s what I found when I looked into CCV sales incentives historically back in April. Basically net price does not fluctuate too much over the life of the active selling period despite direct prices going up twice. Caveat: past performance does not guarantee future results.
Thanks for information. It sure is helpful. I thought the current incentives form riviera is better than the incentives they had for current dvc owners when they first introduced riviera I think it was the incentives that came out back in April. That is for points purchases 150 or more since currents incentive for 150 points you get 10 points free for life that is supposedly 1,880 discount. I’m still undecided about riviera although the resort looks lovely I am not sure how the skyline will run long time since I feel the resort success is heavily dependent on the skyliner’s success.

I can confirm that whatever incentives are coming are not better than today. I just added on my contract today and we discussed it. It sounded like the only change was the free points going away, but that any financial things would not be better..at least at the 135 point level that I bought.

The price is not changing for sure. Now, I did not ask about higher point levels since I wouldn’t be eligible anyway.

It sounded like the $500 for 125...current owners..would still be there.
I’m wondering what is the extra incentive if I bought 135 points. I was told by my guide if I purchased 135 points my incentives will be the same as 125 which I believe is a 500 discount. Is there more incentives if I purchased between 130 to 140 points than the 500?

I’m wondering what is the extra incentive if I bought 135 points. I was told by my guide if I purchased 135 points my incentives will be the same as 125 which I believe is a 500 discount. Is there more incentives if I purchased between 130 to 140 points than the 500?

No, the incentive doesn’t go up until you hit 175. Then it is 1880. I got the $500 for 135..it started at 125.

We are also getting an additional $750 because my DD is a CM. Like I said, any incentives better than the $500 for 125 and up won’t be better,

Whether the $1880 at the 175 Mark is changing, I am not sure, but it didn’t sound like it. Again, since my guide knew we were not going that high, it didn’t come up.

No, the incentive doesn’t go up until you hit 175. Then it is 1880. I got the $500 for 135..it started at 125.

We are also getting an additional $750 because my DD is a CM. Like I said, any incentives better than the $500 for 125 and up won’t be better,

Whether the $1880 at the 175 Mark is changing, I am not sure, but it didn’t sound like it. Again, since my guide knew we were not going that high, it didn’t come up.
Ah ok.. thanks I thought I was missing something. That’s awesome an extra 750 for cast members. I had asked my guide if I just wanted 150 points and do not want the extra 10 can I get a cash credit he said no either I take the 10 points or I just buy the 150 and my incentive is 500. The military discount was an extra 550 discount starting from 125 points onwards and I think it’s more if I buy more points. I want to buy more points but I’m holding back because I’m nervous about how successful the skyliner will be in the long run.

Ah ok.. thanks I thought I was missing something. That’s awesome an extra 750 for cast members. I had asked my guide if I just wanted 150 points and do not want the extra 10 can I get a cash credit he said no either I take the 10 points or I just buy the 150 and my incentive is 500. The military discount was an extra 550 discount starting from 125 points onwards and I think it’s more if I buy more points. I want to buy more points but I’m holding back because I’m nervous about how successful the skyliner will be in the long run.

That makes sense. It’s too big of a purchase to buy if you have any doubts about it being your home resort. You have to be comfortable. I own BWV and SSR still, and with this 135 included, I am at 785. Which allows me to maximize how I use my points. I like staying lots of placing. But, now I will be able to try at 11 months for Towers and Standards when I travel alone!

Wait, there’s a military discount to buy points??? How have I never heard of this before? Is it new?

Wait, there’s a military discount to buy points??? How have I never heard of this before? Is it new?
Yes they do have military discount. I got a military discount when I purchased my direct points at Ccv last year. I think it’s min 125 points and above and depending the number of points you purchase. So the more points you purchase the better the discount on top of incentives. However for sold out resorts they do not offer military discount.

I received a military discount too. They didn’t say anything about min points. I am retired so I think it is the same military standard as the park discounts.

They give you your own special emergency pack for the Skyliner. It includes a pillow, a fan, a bottle of Scotch, Benadryl for the kids and first in line for evacuation.

OMG...one of the best posts I have seen. I can’t stop laughing. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

The new incentives are up on the member site now. On my phone, so I can’t easily post them, but I will say that certain point thresholds do seem to be getting a better discount than before, while some are the same. Example: 170 points would have been $500 off but now (if you buy before opening) it’s $1250 off.

The new incentives are up on the member site now. On my phone, so I can’t easily post them, but I will say that certain point thresholds do seem to be getting a better discount than before, while some are the same. Example: 170 points would have been $500 off but now (if you buy before opening) it’s $1250 off.

These are definitely better for the higher levels. I am actually considering now raising how many I buy. Boy, I am a sucker for advertising! Lol

seems like they are really trying to sell Aulani. Trying to close the resale gap. closer to 150 a point or less in some cases

These are definitely better for the higher levels. I am actually considering now raising how many I buy. Boy, I am a sucker for advertising! Lol
A $7.35 per point discount on $188? That's a whopping 3% :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter