What Do You Like Better Now Than Before COVID?

I'll take it a step further..

I like all the price increases. Disney is too busy as is.

As Pete says " when demand is higher than supply you must raise price"

Im happy to pay more if it results in a better guest experience for me.

To me the parks are still underpriced. I consider it a $200 experience for a ticket

Last edited:
Whats different??
Instead of needing to get all bags inspected at the security tables (where long lines usually developed), the put in walk through scanners. The flow is night and day. Most people do not need to stop.

But the scanners need our help. Certain things like phones, umbrellas, charging devices, etc. need to be taken out of bags and held out in front us as we pass under the scanner screening. Boy it is awesome though. It was like a 500% improvement :goodvibes

The scanners made it much quicker to enter the parks, especially in the mornings!

I really liked the little cavalcades dotted around. Saw them at MK and HS. Really cute!

Mobile ordering is very useful.

I like that dining reservations are now 60 days out instead of 180. I never understood making dining choices 6 months in advance. Also like mobile ordering at most QS locations - so convenient!
I love the mobil ordering, get off a ride, mobile order, walk to the restaurant and your food is there waiting and it is hot. (Just avoid between peak lunch hours).

a lot harder to get times when its free to everyone

As Pete says " when demand is higher than supply you must raise supply"

To me the parks are still underpriced. I consider it a $200 experience for a ticket
So you like that only rich people can go?

So you like that only rich people can go?
if Demand is higher than Supply, you raise the prices to decrease the quantity demanded, which in turn will sell less tickets but increase profits by reducing overall operating labor costs. In turn, making it more enjoyable for those who have more expendable income to utilize for recreation.

What Disney did was lower Park Capacity (supply) for HS and MK and decreased the number of trains/vehicles per hour on popular rides at all parks(Space, Thunder Mountain, Splash, Mine train, Slinky, Aerosmith, Everest, Tower, Test, Frozen,) this was done to make lines longer and entice lighting lane purchases.

Prices will not go down when Mario land opens but perks will for the middle and lower class Americans at Moderate and Value resorts that will initially opt out of disney for their family vacations and go to Universal, they will be lured back by offering perks such as extra magic hours and perhaps advanced lighting lane purchasing and reservations a few days before that 7am window.

if Demand is higher than Supply, you raise the prices to decrease the quantity demanded, which in turn will sell less tickets but increase profits by reducing overall operating labor costs. In turn, making it more enjoyable for those who have more expendable income to utilize for recreation.

What Disney did was lower Park Capacity (supply) for HS and MK and decreased the number of trains/vehicles per hour on popular rides at all parks(Space, Thunder Mountain, Splash, Mine train, Slinky, Aerosmith, Everest, Tower, Test, Frozen,) this was done to make lines longer and entice lighting lane purchases.

Prices will not go down when Mario land opens but perks will for the middle and lower class Americans at Moderate and Value resorts that will initially opt out of disney for their family vacations and go to Universal, they will be lured back by offering perks such as extra magic hours and perhaps advanced lighting lane purchasing and reservations a few days before that 7am window.
Yes, so only the rich can afford to go. Walt would be pissed, IMO.

As Pete says " when demand is higher than supply you must raise supply"

If Pete says that, then he doesn't understand economics. Increasing supply is not simple or easy to do in a theme park situation without significant capital investment. Easier and more profitable to raise prices and reduce demand.

Instead of needing to get all bags inspected at the security tables (where long lines usually developed), the put in walk through scanners. The flow is night and day. Most people do not need to stop.

But the scanners need our help. Certain things like phones, umbrellas, charging devices, etc. need to be taken out of bags and held out in front us as we pass under the scanner screening. Boy it is awesome though. It was like a 500% improvement :goodvibes
Thank you, sounds amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter