• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you have to bring home to the UK???

Wow, quite pleased with how this thread is going. Nice to see some US posters too. Maybe we can set up a chocolate exchange!!!! Seems to be the most popular thing apart from the over the counter drugs!!
Dizzyredhead and alison are probably right about tylenol not being that different to paracetamol, but it does make me feel better!!! Never bought neosporin, but will put it on the list for my next visit.
I forgot to mention my love of MAC make-up too.....sooo much cheaper than in the UK!!! always bring back a few goodies there. I also found the CVS pharmacy own brand spray sunscreen to be really good this year (I usually buy Hawaiian Tropic, but there wasn't any factor 30 left in the shop at the time, so bought own brand) and the use by date isn't until Sept 11, so will do for this summer in the UK too (What do you mean I won't need factor 30!!!)

I just had to post - I thought my family was the worst for bring stuff back. We've spend oodles of time in America and miss it lots - so much so I would love to live there but that is another story. Now for the list: -

Me
Butterrum Livesavers
Pina Colova Hawaiian aftersun - the smell is amazing
Fruity pebbles (even wrote to Post once, apparently no demanded to sell in UK ... hmmm)
Watermeon chewing gum
Carmel Corn
Vingarettes
Hershey
Alieve

Hubby
Cheattos - all kinds
Lucky Charms
Double stuff Oreos (English ones are not the same)

Mom and Dad
Hamburger Helper - all kinds
Mac & Cheese
Cake Mixes
Ranch dresses for salads
Clamchowder
Aspercream

Sister
Chocolate Pebbles
Popcorn
Cookies
Pop Corn

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head. Our cases are always opened by sercurity, I bet they are disappointed when they see all that food.
I have tried to find all the above in UK but it is expensive.
We running low - hurry up May!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Funny you should mention the Ranch. I'm a Ranch-aholic and I use it on everything (pizza, french fries, potatoes, anything fried) and I went to a restaurant in England one time and asked for Ranch. The kid looked so confused. But that was years ago, do they have any ranch there now?

This really is a fun thread!

Funny you should mention the Ranch. I'm a Ranch-aholic and I use it on everything (pizza, french fries, potatoes, anything fried) and I went to a restaurant in England one time and asked for Ranch. The kid looked so confused. But that was years ago, do they have any ranch there now?

This really is a fun thread!

Hi Tracerr00,

Mymom found some blue cheese dressing once but apparently it didn't taste right, guess it was the American flavor!!!

We use main mayo or salad cream in UK. I would have loved to see the kid's face when you asked lol.

Clothes for my skinny tall blond but pale boy - they are bright colours, well made, don't have inappropriate adult motifs, wash like a dream and are different!

Clothes for me that fit - I'm a bit taller and sadly a bit wider - choice over here is limited, but in Orlando...

Antiobiotic ointment, topical steroid cream, that green sunburn cream, glucose meter (always buy latest one for family member), makeup and "smellies" in those fab small travel sizes, very dark but cheap sunglasses. Hubby would like to bring back posh watches everytime - he drools in Mall at Millenia.

And I'll confess to collecting small pieces of Disney Art.

Twizzlers are a given. Darn it why do they impose strict weight limits. If i promise to lose a few pounds before I go then can I bring more back?, Of course I'll have added a few extra pounds with the ghiradelli I generally scoff.

Oh and we HAVE to get treats for my by Button gutted Dog Bark Bakery in celebration has gone. It's ok Button the Wolf Gang Bakery is to hand.

Lucky charms, cheetos, powdered ranch dressing, hershey kisses, dramamine, clothes from Torrid and Old Navy, Bare Minerals make-up, Peeps, Halloween cake making stuff, peanut butter chocolate stuff like the different kinds of reeses cups you can't get over here (bf bought a pack of 2 HUUUUUGE ones back from NY recently!) and American brands of fragrance like Escada.

thanks to the amazing tracerr00 for the american girl magazines and cornbread. Wow I'm looking forward to that. I hope she enjoys her cadburys chocolate as much as we are enjoying her delivery. :) Why can't the whole world be made up of dis-ers - what a wonderful world that would be.

Ghirardelli :love:

Oh l love that choc too.

A few years ago a friend was going on her first trip to Disney and knew l loved it there, she asked if i'd like anything bringing home so l jumped at the chance of some Ghirardelli choc. She brought me a bag of the tiny squares back but as l couldn't get to see her for a few weeks after her return, she ate the whole lot :mad:

i always bring back loads of Hershey Bars for my brother - he can't get enough of them!

For myself it's usually a property paper so that i can tease myself about what i could never afford as near to Disney as i could never get!!!:rotfl:

Claire

Excuse me for sneaking into your UK board but I just love the UK so I like to lurk to see what you are up to! I love this thread and it's fun to see the types of things that you bring back to the UK with you. When I go to the UK I bring back lots of Cadbury (I even toured the factory one time!) especially the whole nut, Flakes and Heroes, I love Twinings tea, digestive biscuits especially chocolate biscuits, Walkers shortbread. I'm sure I'm forgetting things!

By the way chocolateminnie, I work for American Girl so if you ever need a magazine fix, let me know! :thumbsup2

American girl eh...i love those dolls, dd1 is too old now cant wait for dd 2 isablle to be old enough to take to that shop, thinking of getting her first doll from there this year.:love:

I have frineds in Canada , and im always sending her "proper " chocolate ...lol

Dark Chocolate & peanut butter M&M's
Mint Oreos
Diet Coke with Lime

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter