What do we do with our luggage?

WDisneyWLove

Mouseketeer
We arrive two days before our cruise and are staying at Bonnet Creek. We paid for the cruise line transfers and will return to MCO to turn in our rental car the morning of our cruise. What do we do with our luggage? Do we collect it after the ride to the port and turn it over to someone? I've never done it this way before. We've always left it in our room at Hyatt MCO. This is our first time trying something new. Thanks!

We arrive two days before our cruise and are staying at Bonnet Creek. We paid for the cruise line transfers and will return to MCO to turn in our rental car the morning of our cruise. What do we do with our luggage? Do we collect it after the ride to the port and turn it over to someone? I've never done it this way before. We've always left it in our room at Hyatt MCO. This is our first time trying something new. Thanks!
When you return to MCO, bring your bags with you to the transfer desk check in. They will either take the bags there, or direct you to the truck to drop them off. The bags will go directly to your room onboard the ship via a luggage truck(as long as you have your DCL luggage tags on them).

Can I ask if you have a rental car, can you not just return it at the port and skip the DCL transfers? Most of the big rental companies are in the Port Canaveral area and typically don't charge a drop off fee. So seems to me that the DCL transfers are just an added expense. You can go by the port first and drop off your luggage with the porters than continue on to return the car.

Can I ask if you have a rental car, can you not just return it at the port and skip the DCL transfers? Most of the big rental companies are in the Port Canaveral area and typically don't charge a drop off fee. So seems to me that the DCL transfers are just an added expense. You can go by the port first and drop off your luggage with the porters than continue on to return the car.

Do the rental car companies provide a service to drop you back off at the port? Or would we need to rely on Uber/Taxi to get from the rental car place back to port.

Rental car companies provide shuttle to port. We have done this numerous times and it is very easy.
To add to that answer, they have a designated drop-off zone at the terminal. It is organized very well. Unless you do not want to drive to PC for some reason, it will be much more economical to drop-off the car at PC. You could go to the terminal first to let the other family members off with the luggage, go to the rental agency and come back with the shuttle.

Not sure why this never crossed my mind. Great idea! I think this is what we'll do. Is there a cut off point where you cannot cancel the transfers? We are getting close to cruise time. We have always stayed at the Hyatt so this is all new. And sort of short notice planning.

I did this once. I dropped of my family and the luggage at the Port first as I did not want to handle all the luggage at the rental station and the bus. The transfer from the rental station is pretty quick.

Most of the big rental companies are in the Port Canaveral area and typically don't charge a drop off fee.

Although it’s not necessarily a dropoff fee, it IS dropping off at a different location, and the pricing structure will change.

The OP has to check that before making the decision. Because it could actually be more expensive to drop at the port.

So seems to me that the DCL transfers are just an added expense.

It might be.

OP run the numbers with your rental car reservation. Don’t just drop off the car in a different city. Especially if yiurcruise is soon, the prices might be funky for the rental and changing it.

And once you cancel the transfers you’ll want to go back in and get a port arrival time.

All good points! We are concierge so we may not need an arrival time. But...it may still complicate things and end up being more costly. I'll need to call and price the options. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter