What do the Guys like?

EsmeraldaX

DIS Veteran
My DBF and I are going in Feb '04. We'll be at all the Disney parks, as well as Universal and Seaworld.

He's never been (not since he was a very small child).

Can you give me some insight as to what the guys out there like at Disney? The only thing DBF could care less about is sports. He doesn't like any sports at all so anything aside from that.

:)

Thanks
Sheri

My husband hates sports also, but his most favorite park is
MGM. Besides that is were TOT and RnR are located.
IMO though i think once he gets there we will like all the parks. :)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I'd say what guys like depends on the guys. Some things seem to have pretty-much universal appeal (such as the TOwer Of Terror), while others probably won't appeal to most guys (such as The Little Mermaid show at MGM). And then there are those rare, great-catch guys who like anything their DGF likes.

If I had to continue in the whole "general" area, I'd say that guys might prefer Universal's Islands Of Adventure, if only because it's got a lot of thrill rides.

But again, it all depends on what kind of guy he is. Either way, one things for sure... he's lucky on two counts: He's got you, and he's going to Disney!

Richard

MGM is goog for ToT, and while the other stuff is fun it isn't a huge draw for me...though I would still spend a day there.

MK is good...I like just about everything there....even the more "boring" rides (pronounced: small world) are fun. But I really like Epcot...the countries, SE, The Land, etc.

AK is okay, worth spending a day or half a day at at least. Then of course you have BB...that's a must, great water rides there.

Personally, I don't see how you can go wrong at any of the parks.

My husband doesn't do sports either. He loves EPCOT, loves the mountains in MK, Alice's teacups, and actually most of the Magic Kingdom (I think it brings out the kid in EVERYONE - male or female), ToT and Rock N Rollercoaster in MGM. He's excited to try Animal Kingdom for the first time this year.

He also LOVES most of Universal/IOA (the Dr. Seuss parts and the toon areas of IOA, he could do without).

He could also do without It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, and most of Fantasyland, but I love all of those rides, so he puts up with them for me (especially since I HATE the teacups - LOL, all about give and take).

Some of his favorite non-park things to do are checking out all of the resorts, riding the monorail, playing mini golf at Winter/Summerland, and renting water mice.

Hope that helps!

I can only help with what I do when on a solo trip. At WDW I prefer MGM with AK a close second. TOT and RNR are fun along with Muppets. Wander over to Indy after stopping at Tune-In for a cocktail. The live shows at MGM are IMHO incredibly boring BatB should be given a wide berth. If you want good meatloaf you can sit at the bar in Tune-In and order off the 50'sPT menu. GMR, Backlot Tour, Star Tours, and at nap time Sounds Dangerous are good fillers then Fantasmic off season only. My stay away from list includes All stage shows, WWtbaM, Disney animation. Voyage of the little mermaid and Playhouse Disney (they are the reason Catwalk is closed except during peak times)

At AK spend a lot of time at Dawa after going on Kilimanjaro Safaris remember to wear earplugs or you will endure the worst tour spiel ever. Dinosaur, TTB, kali, Primeval Whirl all OK. Tarzan Rocks is the only show worth seeing at AK but be prepared to stomp or clap or woo. The rainforest Cafe at AK serves my favorite Burger at the bar with no waiting.

Epcot and MK are so well known that I won’t comment.

Spend half of your trip at UO and IOA. Except for Suess landing I like everything at IOA especially Alchemy and Backwater bars. If over at avoiding KidZone is easy. Make sure you see the Horror makeup show a good laugh.

I go 2 times a year if you have any specific questions please just ask.

RussH

Originally posted by RussH
I can only help with what I do when on a solo trip. At WDW I prefer MGM with AK a close second. TOT and RNR are fun along with Muppets. Wander over to Indy after stopping at Tune-In for a cocktail. The live shows at MGM are IMHO incredibly boring BatB should be given a wide berth. If you want good meatloaf you can sit at the bar in Tune-In and order off the 50'sPT menu. GMR, Backlot Tour, Star Tours, and at nap time Sounds Dangerous are good fillers then Fantasmic off season only. My stay away from list includes All stage shows, WWtbaM, Disney animation. Voyage of the little mermaid and Playhouse Disney (they are the reason Catwalk is closed except during peak times)

At AK spend a lot of time at Dawa after going on Kilimanjaro Safaris remember to wear earplugs or you will endure the worst tour spiel ever. Dinosaur, TTB, kali, Primeval Whirl all OK. Tarzan Rocks is the only show worth seeing at AK but be prepared to stomp or clap or woo. The rainforest Cafe at AK serves my favorite Burger at the bar with no waiting.

Epcot and MK are so well known that I won’t comment.

Spend half of your trip at UO and IOA. Except for Suess landing I like everything at IOA especially Alchemy and Backwater bars. If over at avoiding KidZone is easy. Make sure you see the Horror makeup show a good laugh.

I go 2 times a year if you have any specific questions please just ask.

RussH

Thanks. Two questions.

1. What is the Alchemy bar like? DBF loves all things medieval/ fantasy so the name is intriguing...

2. What is WWtbaM ?

I think he's going to turn into a 6 year old the instant we walk through the gates and want to ride on everything, but since our time is limited and I've been there 15 times...

Thanks!

The Alchemy Bar at IOA is in a big hollow tree. The inside is a little dark with huge ceiling beams and a mud chinking. Unfortunately it is just a bar but the air conditioning works well and is a great escape from the sun and heat.

WWtbaM- Who wants to be a Millionaire- it is done pretty much like the TV show. For me it was ok to do once but dome people go all day trying to get to the hot seat.

RussHl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter