What discontinued snack/beverage would you bring back?

Kroger brand Mac and Cheese. It’s not exact but it’s about as close as you can get.
Thanks, Wenrob. I believe there are two versions of Mac and Cheese sold at Ralph's (Kroger for possibly you and others :)) One says Kroger and the other is Psst (with the owl) I have not tried either in ages but think the Kroger one was better. I also tried Smart and Final brand once and at first it tasted great but then the aftertaste :P Target Market Pantry to me was the worst.

:) We should have a retro food party.

Kroger for possibly you and others

There are more Kroger-owned chains that have Kroger house branded stuff. I just recently visited my BIL in the Seattle area, and they've got Fred Meyer and QFC stores.

The retailer that went away here is Long's Drugs, which like many other chains got bought out by CVS. Strange thing was that in Hawaii they couldn't let go of the name, even though it was a California company. They still have the brand, even though it's really just CVS. I think it's like Kroger where it's CVS house brands.

I miss the Stella D'Oro cookie assortment!

Swiss Cheese Crackers from Nabisco. I think they still sell them in Canada, but not the U.S.

I miss Chunky bars too...
I have gotten products similar to both of these at Aldi's.

The Swiss Cheese crackers came in a small black bag with pictures of the Swiss crackers on the front, but it had a large amount of crackers inside, and they were pretty good. Not sure if they're a regular item, sometimes they have specials but then you don't see them again.

And it's not Chunky per se, but they sell a chocolate bar from Germany that has nuts and raisins and it tastes like a Chunky to me, so worth a try if you have an Aldi's nearby.

I agree, this thread has made me hungry!

So, I was curious and googled (google images only) "Jelly Bismark". From what I can see, they look like jelly doughnuts. Can someone explain the difference?
I had a Chunky bar a couple weeks ago. From a Wawa in the Philly Suburbs.
They sell chunky bars at cvs here, I buy them for DH as a treat, best American chocolate bar. I think they used to have walnuts, now peanuts.

Those sound like regular Dunkin jelly donuts.

Bcla, it was a number of years ago now that Longs was replaced out here by CVS, I definitely remember that. I have only been to Fred Meyer a few times on visits to Oregon and WA. I have never heard of QFC! What does that stand for? :)

Jane Banks, Sugar Snaps or Sugar Crisps sound good right now to me, too :)

Bcla, it was a number of years ago now that Longs was replaced out here by CVS, I definitely remember that. I have only been to Fred Meyer a few times on visits to Oregon and WA. I have never heard of QFC! What does that stand for? :)

https://www.qfc.com

200px-Quality_Food_Centers.png

It's not a terribly big chain. I'm not even so sure why they don't just rename all of them as Kroger. I was shopping at one on my last visit to the Seattle area, and all their house brands are Kroger. The history is that it was bought out by Fred Meyer before Kroger took over.

At least locally we've had several chains that went through acquisitions, mergers, name changes, etc. Some chains went away and then returned. I guess the oddest is Lucky Stores, which was local run, but owned by American Stores. When Albertson's bought out American Stores, they scrapped the Lucky name and then renamed the locations as Albertson's (which was a name that was present briefly in our area before it went away). Then Albertson's gave up and sold several of the locations and the Lucky brand to the regional supermarket chain Save-Mart.

Sour Starburst, fruity polos, coffee flavoured pepsi (Was my favourite drink when I was like 13)

I miss the Stella D'Oro cookie assortment!

The Lady Stella assortment went away for about five years, but came back about two years ago. "Your Favorite Lady is back!!"

But once again, IMO not as good as it used to be. Too few of the iced cookies, too many of the crappy ones.

They still make Chunky bars. I get them every year for my mom as part of her small gifts

Maybe there is hope! I haven't seen one around here in a long time. Your posts inspired me to try the Nestle "product locator" online, lol - it said that there wasn't anyplace that sold them within a 15+ miles, but I'll keep hope alive! :confused3 We don't have Wawas either, although I went to one once in VA...[/QUOTE]

I've seen Chunky bars (and sugar daddies and many other limited distribution candies) at Cracker Barrel.

Maybe there is hope! I haven't seen one around here in a long time. Your posts inspired me to try the Nestle "product locator" online, lol - it said that there wasn't anyplace that sold them within a 15+ miles, but I'll keep hope alive! :confused3 We don't have Wawas either, although I went to one once in VA...

I've seen Chunky bars (and sugar daddies and many other limited distribution candies) at Cracker Barrel.[/QUOTE]

I know I have purchased chunky bars for someone else not terribly long ago. They had to be either at a drug store or food store chain, at their register display. When I was young there was a sweet shop in town that sold newspapers, as well as all sorts of treats, including a wide array of candy bars. Now in my current area candy bars seem relegated to register displays, and the breadth of offerings is less, I guess sticking with the biggest selling bars only. Once in a while I see a blast from the past candy bar somewhere. Like I saw Zero bars in a Walmart clearance display maybe two years ago. I don't think I had seen them in decades.

Fago Rock and Roll soda and bridge mix use to have a chocolate covered orange jelly candy that I loved.

Maybe there is hope! I haven't seen one around here in a long time. Your posts inspired me to try the Nestle "product locator" online, lol - it said that there wasn't anyplace that sold them within a 15+ miles, but I'll keep hope alive! :confused3 We don't have Wawas either, although I went to one once in VA...

I've seen Chunky bars (and sugar daddies and many other limited distribution candies) at Cracker Barrel.[/QUOTE]
Before I noticed them in CVS, I purchased them from Amazon.

My-t-fine butterscotch pudding. I've seen chocolate in stores but haven't seen butterscotch in years.

Also, going back 50 years, there was a product called great shakes. It was a milk shake powder you added to milk . It made the best milk shake. I'm not sure if this was available everywhere or only in the NYC area.

My-t-fine butterscotch pudding. I've seen chocolate in stores but haven't seen butterscotch in years.

Also, going back 50 years, there was a product called great shakes. It was a milk shake powder you added to milk . It made the best milk shake. I'm not sure if this was available everywhere or only in the NYC area.

Loved My-T-Fine butterscotch pudding. Grew up in the NYC suburbs, jersey side, don’t recall the milkshake powder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter