What discontinued snack/beverage would you bring back?

My-t-fine butterscotch pudding. I've seen chocolate in stores but haven't seen butterscotch in years.

Also, going back 50 years, there was a product called great shakes. It was a milk shake powder you added to milk . It made the best milk shake. I'm not sure if this was available everywhere or only in the NYC area.
We had Great Shakes powdered milkshakes in South Carolina when I was growing up in the '60s and '70s so they must have been national. I remember how tasty they were.

https://www.qfc.com

200px-Quality_Food_Centers.png

It's not a terribly big chain. I'm not even so sure why they don't just rename all of them as Kroger. I was shopping at one on my last visit to the Seattle area, and all their house brands are Kroger. The history is that it was bought out by Fred Meyer before Kroger took over.

At least locally we've had several chains that went through acquisitions, mergers, name changes, etc. Some chains went away and then returned. I guess the oddest is Lucky Stores, which was local run, but owned by American Stores. When Albertson's bought out American Stores, they scrapped the Lucky name and then renamed the locations as Albertson's (which was a name that was present briefly in our area before it went away). Then Albertson's gave up and sold several of the locations and the Lucky brand to the regional supermarket chain Save-Mart.

We still have Albertson's in California. That store and Vons merged, but they didn't change either names so we have two Vons and three Albertson's within an 8-mile radius.

We still have Albertson's in California. That store and Vons merged, but they didn't change either names so we have two Vons and three Albertson's within an 8-mile radius.

I get that. However, Alberton’s operated under that name in Northern California for several years before selling those stores and the Lucky name to Save Mart.

Von’s was owned by Safeway Stores. The parent company of Albertson’s bought Safeway.

I get that. However, Alberton’s operated under that name in Northern California for several years before selling those stores and the Lucky name to Save Mart.

Von’s was owned by Safeway Stores. The parent company of Albertson’s bought Safeway.

I remember when Lucky and Alberton's merged :P

The Lady Stella assortment went away for about five years, but came back about two years ago. "Your Favorite Lady is back!!"

But once again, IMO not as good as it used to be. Too few of the iced cookies, too many of the crappy ones.

I haven't seen it around! I have seen the pictures, they don't look as good as the old ones!

Heard Nabiso will no longer be making Ginger Snaps, will miss those a lot.
Really miss Butoni Instant Pizza's
Not supermarket but I miss Jack's(Jack in the Box) Tacos.
They were terrible but in some way I really miss them.

How could they get rid of Ginger Snaps? They're kind of a classic!

Thanks to the posters for the Chunky bar tips - haven't found any in the grocery stores or pharmacies, but there's a Cracker Barrel near my dad's house in NH, so I will be checking that when I visit him next week! I have to take him to cataract surgery, and he is very anxious about it, so I will require chocolate!

When we had Albertson's down here, they had an imitation crab log that was delicious. I have tried to find the recipe for years with no luck. I used to eat a ton of that stuff with Ritz crackers.

I liked when cereal manufacturers were allowed to shout "SUGAR" in large print on the boxes.

d1555d4371667b9bccbfa53b43eccd2d--cereal-boxes-bowl-of-cereal.jpg
4f6c406d7ad9e5ebcdb6e0ce3fa1f1a3--cereal-killer-cereal-boxes.jpg
350624787_7603356e7f.jpg

98316c5c0504985050f3874f581ab36d--sugar-bears-sugar-crisp.jpg
digemfrog.jpg
c0dee805471c0463d28b35d798d2a970--corn-pops-sugar-pop.jpg

Do cereals still have toys in the boxes? I remember duping my mother into buying some cereals based on the free toys inside. Three or four times I wouldn't eat the cereal; I just wanted the toy.

That plastic glow in the dark monster inside the Super Sugar Crisp box sounds tempting even today.

DooDads
Tidbits (which were in DooDads)
Quisp Cereal
Chiclets (regular and tiny)
I wish Brachs Chicks and Rabbits were available year round

This thread is making me feel old and hungry!

Howard Johnson used to make these blueberry toasties. They sold them in the freezer section, loved them. I also miss trans fats, some stuff no longer tastes as good as it used too!

How could they get rid of Ginger Snaps? They're kind of a classic!

Thanks to the posters for the Chunky bar tips - haven't found any in the grocery stores or pharmacies, but there's a Cracker Barrel near my dad's house in NH, so I will be checking that when I visit him next week! I have to take him to cataract surgery, and he is very anxious about it, so I will require chocolate!
Amazon has a pack of 24 Chunky bars for $22.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter