What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

You're welcome!
This won't be baking related so I apologize in advance but your mention of sugar free cool whip made me think of a diabetic friendly dessert that might work for you as well.

Take a regular size package of jello mix (I use orange because the end result tastes a lot like orange dreamsickles of my childhood) and a tub of sugar free cool whip left in the fridge to soften.

Heat up 2/3 a cup of water to boil and mix with the jello mix in a bowl.
Add 1 cup of cold water and mix in with the hot water and jello mix after the jello mix has dissolved.
Add the tub of sugar free cool whip and lightly whisk for a couple minutes.
Place in the fridge for a few hours so it can set.

You could use cherry or strawberry or any other sugar free jello that you like. I just use the orange because its a nice orange/vanilla flavor. Hope this might be of use to you and, if not, maybe others. I really enjoy it as a safe dessert when my sweet tooth flares up.

This won't be baking related so I apologize in advance but your mention of sugar free cool whip made me think of a diabetic friendly dessert that might work for you as well.

Take a regular size package of jello mix (I use orange because the end result tastes a lot like orange dreamsickles of my childhood) and a tub of sugar free cool whip left in the fridge to soften.

Heat up 2/3 a cup of water to boil and mix with the jello mix in a bowl.
Add 1 cup of cold water and mix in with the hot water and jello mix after the jello mix has dissolved.
Add the tub of sugar free cool whip and lightly whisk for a couple minutes.
Place in the fridge for a few hours so it can set.

You could use cherry or strawberry or any other sugar free jello that you like. I just use the orange because its a nice orange/vanilla flavor. Hope this might be of use to you and, if not, maybe others. I really enjoy it as a safe dessert when my sweet tooth flares up.
Oooh, that sounds good!
Thank you. :goodvibes

I have an unexpected trip to Kansas (from TX) this weekend so I had to cram all of my cookie making into one night. I made whipped shortbread, traditional shortbread (some plain/some milk chocolate dipped with sprinkles), glittered chocolate chunk shortbread, and chocolate chip cookies. Now I need to pack!

IMG_0482.jpegIMG_0483.jpegIMG_0470.jpegIMG_0472.jpeg

IMG_0481.jpeg
IMG_0480.jpeg
IMG_0479.jpegIMG_0468.jpeg

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what's the difference between whipped and regular shortbread?
My various shortbread cookies melt in your mouth already. I'm puzzled. Thanks.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what's the difference between whipped and regular shortbread?
My various shortbread cookies melt in your mouth already. I'm puzzled. Thanks.

I didn't know until recently. The whipped recipe uses confectioners' sugar vs. granulated and has the addition of cornstarch. I never tried whipped until this year. My end result came out like a clone of the Royal Dansk cookies that come in the blue tin. They also seem to hold their shape better than my traditional recipe (borrowed from Ina Garten) that uses granulated sugar and no cornstarch.

1703271062896.png

I didn't know until recently. The whipped recipe uses confectioners' sugar vs. granulated and has the addition of cornstarch. I never tried whipped until this year. My end result came out like a clone of the Royal Dansk cookies that come in the blue tin. They also seem to hold their shape better than my traditional recipe (borrowed from Ina Garten) that uses granulated sugar and no cornstarch.

View attachment 819649
Very interesting. Appreciate the knowledge.
I’ve always used powdered sugar in all “light” cookies like snowballs, choc dipped shortbread etc etc. I love the melt in your mouth taste.
Definitely makes a difference.

I’ve always liked the Dansk cookies and a cup of coffee. Yum. Plus I could never toss the tin, which didn’t thrill my husband. Ha.

Are those using the peppermint candies that literally melt in your mouth. I love those but do not like traditional peppermint hard candies.
They are crushed mini candy canes so regular but I’m sure you could use the others.

I‘m toasting 4 lbs of sugar as my inventory is low. Most of it won’t get used until later in 2024 but it’ll hold until then and I dislike doing it at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter