• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What candy do you buy in Epcot Countries?

Haven't tasted the american Smarties, so can't speak for them. The european smarties are a bit more 'childish' of taste than m&m's if you ask me. The chocolate is a bit more 'fabric taste' and the skin has a hint of chemical dye taste. Probably exactly why I loved them as a toddler. ;)

It's funny to read and recognize so many candy from WS we can buy in any store overhere (netherlands). I was too busy with other things on my first trip, but I'll definately have a better look in december!

For those who love Haribo; they've got dozens and dozens of variaties. :) One even better then the other. Their slogan of 'Haribo makes children happy, and adults alike' sure is true! The same goes for winegums, if you ask me the european version are nicer. More fruit taste, less weakeners in there (the weaker the are, the yukkier they tend to taste), you can suck on them a lot longer. Bassets aren't bad by far, but there are even better. I think it says it all if you know that most traditional winegums are standard sold in a 1 kg bag, whereas most other candy will standard be in a 200 gram bag. They're too yumme to have just one. :rotfl:

But licorice from any place other than the Netherlands? That's like swearing in church! Nobody makes better licorice than us. :cloud9:

My local Wal-mart Supercenter and Super Target have a great selection of exotic candies/chocolate (including: Milka bar, Ritter Sport chocolates, Toblerone, Haribo gummy bears, Pocky sticks etc . . .)

I like to get candies at World Showcase I can't get elsewhere (except the country of origin obviously). I use to live in Europe and my eyes lit up when I walked into a shop in the UK Pavilion and saw Curly Wurly (caramel-covered chocolate in a pretzel shape). Yum! Yum! I use to like Smarties too (candy-coated chocolate/like M&M's but honestly not really). I asked about Smarties in the UK Pavilion and they pointed me to the Canada Pavilion. They were in a white box (very plain), not like I use to remember them in a container like the M&M minis. They were VERY disappointing. Not like I remember them. I may have to check online and order some directly from Europe. I use to rave about Bounty bars (chocolate-covered coconut). DH surprised me one year and ordered some from a British Goods distributor online. Does anyone know if their is Bounty in any of the stores in WS???? I got some yummy over the counter candy/cookie in Norway. I can't remember what it was. It had chocolate and coconut and was NOT shared with my family. ;)

I haven't been too adventurous and bought candy in China or Japan. I am always afraid of getting fish-flavored or green tea-flavored candy. My Dad use to live in Japan and got a pastry one time that looked so yummy. It had a sugary coating. He bit into it and it was some sort of fish-paste filling. Yum! Yum! :lmao:

I so miss UK chocs; I've been back in the US for 2 years now, and miss it so much... Anyway, one more vote for Galaxy bars (OMG, they are lovely:) and just a not to beware re: flake-very messy and dry; DH loves them, but I really hate the mess. Oh, and Curly Whirly bars are actually not too bad for you, I remember them only being really low points when I was on weight watchers!

One more vote for Galaxy bars.

If I ever move back home to the states, I'm going to have to take a lifetime supply of these with me.

I plan on springing for candy at the different pavilions in World Showcase just to introduce them to my kids. They'll always remember where they first tasted them. After that, there's lots of places to purchase exotic candies and chocolate here in the states these days. It's just special to try it first at WDW!

One more vote for Galaxy bars.

If I ever move back home to the states, I'm going to have to take a lifetime supply of these with me.

I need to make a trip to our local British Emporium to see if they have these. I've heard numerous people rave about these and most do comment they can get messy. I'll make sure to give the kiddos lot of napkins and baby wipes. ;)

:thumbsup2 If I can't find them here, I will be popping my head into the shop at the UK Pavilion. However, I know I will pay $1.50 or more for one candy bar. I cringed when DH paid more than a dollar for the candy bars last time. Then again, it is WDW. EVERYTHING is more expensive there.:headache:

- Jennifer

We were in Norway. They had salty Licorice Swedish Fish...I bought them once:rotfl2:

rwc

Does anyone know if they have Jelly Babies in the World Showcase. My friend has me hooked on them...and of course the only time I get then is when Adrian comes stateside (he lives in Stanwell Staines...at least that is part of his address!)

TIA
Star Momma to
Christopher ^i^
Cody-4
Shane-3
Aunt to Chey-12...almost 13!!!! YIKES!!!!!!

LOL just like with the desert thread I feel like I've gained 10 pounds just reading the descriptions and here I thought schoolbread was the only thing I had to worry about going to world showcase:rotfl:

:yay: me working out after eating all this junk in WDW

We were in Norway. They had salty Licorice Swedish Fish...I bought them once:rotfl2:

rwc

:bitelip: I like the strawberry-flavored Swedish Fish and I like black licorice. I may try them once to say I've tried them. However, "salty Licorice Swedish Fish" doesn't sound too appetizing.:headache:

LOL just like with the desert thread I feel like I've gained 10 pounds just reading the descriptions and here I thought schoolbread was the only thing I had to worry about going to world showcase:rotfl:

:yay: me working out after eating all this junk in WDW

I've heard about schoolbread on other threads. What exactly is it? It always seems to pop-up on "my favorite food at Epcot" threads. I'd better start counting points (Weight Watchers) again leading up to our trip.:faint:

- Jennifer

We normally only buy candy in the Japan Pavilion because it seems that usually I see are chocolates in the other countries.. we usually go in the hotter parts of the year and Im always afraid to carry the chocolate around with me..

Our favorites are the various kinds of Pocky, Rice Candy and then some type of fruit snack candy that DD10 loves.. These are the ones I buy every trip..

When me and DH went a few weeks ago he got some shrimp flavored chips in Japan :sick: I thought it sounded disgusting but he liked them..

When we go in August I plan on trying a few other candies.. and since we are planning WS at the end of the evening I may just get some of the chocolates since I wont be carrying them all day..

:bitelip: I like the strawberry-flavored Swedish Fish and I like black licorice. I may try them once to say I've tried them. However, "salty Licorice Swedish Fish" doesn't sound too appetizing.:headache:

I've heard about schoolbread on other threads. What exactly is it? It always seems to pop-up on "my favorite food at Epcot" threads. I'd better start counting points (Weight Watchers) again leading up to our trip.:faint:

- Jennifer

Schoolbread is absolute heaven!!! This is a tradition for us every trip..

Its a pastry with cream filling inside.. On top of it there is shredded coconut and a dollup of the cream.. I could eat just the cream! Its yummy!!

DD10 is soooo looking forward to it on our next trip.. They are less than $3 and are huge.. we usually have to share them.. so I always think its a good buy..

Schoolbread is absolute heaven!!! This is a tradition for us every trip..

Its a pastry with cream filling inside.. On top of it there is shredded coconut and a dollup of the cream.. I could eat just the cream! Its yummy!!

DD10 is soooo looking forward to it on our next trip.. They are less than $3 and are huge.. we usually have to share them.. so I always think its a good buy..

:cloud9: That sounds so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2 It's on our list for Epcot treats next time. Thank you for the description. :goodvibes

- Jennifer

Originally posted by Disney1990
I don't remember the name, but they are caramels covered in Chocolate and you get them in Norway. I think the package is brown & orange. They are yummy!

::yes:: I don't remember either, but I remember loving it.

In Japan there is a gorgeous chocolate that is strawberry flavoured. It is amazing.

Last year in Florida we tried the American version of Cadbury Caramel. It was so different and really not nice at all. British Cadbury is the best. It's a nice reminder of home. I just can't choose which one that I want. The best are Double Deckers, Caramel and Crunchie which is honeycomb covered in cadbury chocolate. It is soooo good.
Think I might go to the fridge and have one now!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter