What candy do you buy in Epcot Countries?

I love doing chocolate around the world when at Epcot....some people drink, I do chocolate.

Note: We can get Flake bars at Cost Plus Imports. Yum!! I get one when ever I am near one.

We do most of our candy buying in Germany. The usual staples are marzipan (this is where I first tried the stuff as a kid) and Haribo gummies. Ok, I know I can get those almost anywhere now, but it's a tradition! :p

We bought some Curly Wurlys and a Flake at England. The Curly Wurly was just like the old Marathon Bar from back in the 70's. I really liked the Flake, I wish I'd bought more than one.

We bought some Curly Wurlys and a Flake at England. The Curly Wurly was just like the old Marathon Bar from back in the 70's. I really liked the Flake, I wish I'd bought more than one.

You like our flakes !! We like your Baby Ruth's !!!
Maybe we can come to some arrangement!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Geraldine

Didn't realise British chocolate was so popular! :goodvibes

I believe that it was Cadbury's chocolates that inspired Roald Dahl's 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' - I think Cadbury's used to send chocolate samples to the school and the boys had to review the chocolates.

I'll be bringing a Cadbury's Advent Calender with me during my holiday in December :teeth:

I think maybe the reason that so many people like the authentic Cadbury's chocolate that you can only get from the UK (probably only England, for that matter - not sure if they have factory's anywhere else in the UK) is because our chocolate (in general) is much creamier and sweeter than chocolate in the US.

However, please remember that there is no England pavilion in EPCOT - it is the UK.
I mean, if you're referring to the country England specifically, great, but if you're talking about the pavilion in EPCOT, it's the UK. Not just England. Please show some respect for us non-English Brits.

There's a Welsh shop and a Scottish shop there, I believe, although I'm not sure how N.Ireland is represented.

The only cadbury factory is in birmingham i believe!!! thank goodness we can get proper cadbury chocolate in epcot, would be having serious sugar withdrawal symptoms!!! tried a US cadbury caramel - never again!!!

and totally agree with you about the UK pavillion. had one cm last year asking where we were from so we said the UK. He said he didnt recognise our accents (???) so we said well we're from scotland. His reply "where's that, I've never heard of it?" :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We were in Norway. They had salty Licorice Swedish Fish...I bought them once:rotfl2:

rwc

Yes, once for us as well. That was quite enough :rotfl:

Although one member of our party did actually like it. Eh, there's no accounting for taste ;)

Haven't read through all 21 pgs of the thread, so these may have been mentioned:

Japan: Muscat gummies and "milk chews". I don't know the actual name, but they were by the fruit gummies and come in a white package with a cow on the front. We just discovered them on our trip last month.

England: Rose and lavender candies. They come in little tins (only 1"-2" in diameter) - the candies themselves are tiny little balls. I like both flavors, but only saw one last time. Can't remember now which flavor it was, but I bought 2 tins to bring back with me.

Yummy thread!

Does anyone know if they have a candy called De la Rosa, Mazapan in mexico. It is a kind of flaky powdery yet creamy peanut candy. It is round and has a rose on the front.

I love the Flake bars, which I discovered as part of the "99"s while studying for a summer in London when I was in college.

My husband, whose aunt and cousins live in Canada, grew up having Smarties on his visits with them, so he must get that whenever we go to the Canada pavilion.

Pocky is a long, thin biscuit dipped in different flavors (chocolate, strawbery, coconut, almond, vanilla, etc.) My favorite is the chocolate Pocky:

pocky.jpg

We can get Pocky and Flake Bars at the commissary. Yum! The whole family loves to get different choclate/candy when we are at Epcot. It's probably a highlight of the trip! LOL! :thumbsup2

Kristen

Does anyone know if they sell Jaffa Cakes in the UK part of Epcot?

Emmigrated to US in 1999 and every year my MIL comes for a visit and brings us the requisite Cadbury's Dairy Milk and Maltesers and friut pastilles etc.
I forgot to ask her for Jaffa cakes this year.
Jaffa cakes are a biscuit/cookie with chocolaye on top, a kinda sponge for the bottom and a layer of really strong orange jelly in the middle, they are really scrummy.....I miss them :(

The candy in Italy, they sell it by the peice, awesome. Also, Pocky and Flake Bars are good too.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter