• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What can I do with two points?!

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
I've never let go of a point in the ten years since I've been in DVC. But the resale I just picked up has TWO 2019 points which will expire come June unless we go! I just don't see us using them. I mean, we live 1000 miles away so I'm not going to do a small borrow for an overnighter or two. And I just don't see a week long trip in the cards before then. I hate to ruin my perfect record. :(
WWYD?

There's really nothing you can do with them unless you are willing to buy OTU points or borrow enough to reserve a night. I'm assuming that the points are banked and thus not eligible to transfer to another Member.

Sorry.

It's going to be hard staring at those two points on the dashboard for the next seven months though LOL!
Yes, no doubt. Just remind yourself that you only got them because they came with the contract you really wanted and didn't really pay for them anyway - kind of like a free restaurant coupon that you let expire because you were saving that place for a special birthday dinner. :teeth:

Offer a free transfer to someone? I’m sure will make someone happy and then you don’t waste the points?

You could see if someone is short 2 points and wants to transfer points to your account to book one night somewhere.

You could see if someone is short 2 points and wants to transfer points to your account to book one night somewhere.

Since these points are banked, they can not be transferred to anyone. The OP can only use more of their own points with them to rent a night to someone, buy OTU points to go on a one night trip, or lose them.

Yes I am aware banked points can’t be transferred. I familiarized myself with all nuances of points transfers way back in the day when it was less common knowledge and DVC’s systems couldn’t handle the complexities (which is why I have that post in my sig).
That’s why I said to find someone else to transfer points into the OPs account to become enough points to book one night.
It is just an idea. It would make more sense for close friends/family or if the OP felt like giving away the 2 points so *someone* can use them at least.

We have had to let 1 or 2 points go before. It kind of stinks but, in the grand scheme of things didn’t make a difference.

I had the same issue when I bought my first contract. It’s not worth going through all the hassle of borrowing or buying OTU use points just to rent then. Just consider the “loss” cost of ownership and most importantly enjoy your new contract

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter