What are your worst in public habits?

Telling people, cashiers, waitresses,etc, who insist on calling me Honey, Sweetie, Darling etc..that I don't know them, so please don't refer to me like that
Not sure how else you could handle that? Not only is their doing that not-so-PC, but your response seems pretty reasonable IMHO.

Could move to So Cal. Absolutely nobody does that here.

I have gotten used to wearing a mask in stores. When I don't have one on, I have to watch that I am not mumbling or talking smack to annoying people. Best to smile and move on.

forgetting names

That's a big one for me. I can be introduced to somebody and then just not remember their name. I think some people are just wired that way.

Also, I think that I move too fast in general, sometimes where it's not appropriate. I will walk quite fast (not quite run) sometimes in the office if I have to grab somethign from teh supply cabinet or somthing. I just don't like wasting the time, but others probably see me as a hyper-active child. 🤣

Picking up trash, or straightening stores (like if there is clothing on the floor I ahem to restrain myself not to pick it up). Rescuing bugs/small lizards from inside of buildings. When I'm with my husband it's one thing, he just shakes his head and rolls his eyes. But if I'm out with friends or around a lot of people I know it kills me when I cannot do these things!

Picking up trash, or straightening stores (like if there is clothing on the floor I ahem to restrain myself not to pick it up). Rescuing bugs/small lizards from inside of buildings. When I'm with my husband it's one thing, he just shakes his head and rolls his eyes. But if I'm out with friends or around a lot of people I know it kills me when I cannot do these things!

Seems like very good habits to me, not your worst. If that's your worst, you must be an angel :teeth:

Telling people, cashiers, waitresses,etc, who insist on calling me Honey, Sweetie, Darling etc..that I don't know them, so please don't refer to me like that
I work with a woman who uses those phrases and others like it, including when speaking to high end customers. I was surprised when I started working here that the powers that be allow it. Personally, I like it and nobody has ever said anything to my knowledge but I’m waiting for the day. She’s terrific so I hope anyone who speaks up does it respectably like you seem to.

My DH talks to absolutely EVERYONE we come across. Not exactly a bad habit but super annoying to me, especially when I’m trying to quickly leave a store and he’s carrying on a long conversation with the cashier or he sees a neighbor outside and pulls the car over and talks to them when I just wanna get go where we’re going. Then my bad public habit is looking like a terrible person when I’m elbowing him to stop talking and come on lol.

My DH talks to absolutely EVERYONE we come across. Not exactly a bad habit but super annoying to me, especially when I’m trying to quickly leave a store and he’s carrying on a long conversation with the cashier or he sees a neighbor outside and pulls the car over and talks to them when I just wanna get go where we’re going. Then my bad public habit is looking like a terrible person when I’m elbowing him to stop talking and come on lol.
That is so my DH too!!

Same to some, but I don't considering these bad habits: I'll rescue bugs, and place items back on shelves/pegs that others just left there.

No matter how I'm dressed at any store, I often get asked "Do you work here?", even if I'm not doing anything work-like.

One day I'll say "yes" if it's a really rude customer, and find my way in the manager's office for a little of THIS:
85132097-bf4b-4cf6-b09e-1d71c3ffbf0c_text.gif

I know folks like this. It's frustrating if you're trying to keep to a schedule that day too. If I'm by myself, I probably look rude for not sticking around too long to keep talking to people.

I worked retail (Macy's in the clothing dept.), so I always feel compelled to straighten up and fix things. An employee at Costco thanked me for folding clothes after looking at them the last time I was there, which to me is like the bare minimum of picking up after yourself.

I was at AKL kidani at the water slide. DH was down in the pool and I was up on top of the slide to make sure my grandkids behaved in line. After a few cycles, other kids started to look at me to tell them when it was safe to go. I was wearing a red shirt and had my ap, room card, etc. in a lanyard around my neck. At that point I got nervous. Didn't want some kid saying that lady said......... and me get in trouble for impersonating an CM.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter