What are your worst fears?

Something serious happening to one of my grandchildren when I'm responsible. I'm much more careful (read fanatic) with them than I was my own kids.

My girls are 31 and 28 and I'm still anxious about them driving. DS is almost 18 and is just starting to drive (he felt he wasn't ready when he was 15/16), and it terrifies me.

I am scared of bees and wasps, but that's because bad things happen to me when I'm stung...like not breathing.

I am terrified of frogs/toads. They scare the heck out of me.

I am worried about the grandbabies and the world we are leaving for them. Terrified of losing my husband.

I've been stung before and had a bad reaction (not as bad as not breathing though) and I am pretty scared of those too. But almost more of grasshoppers as they hop right at you, like on purpose!
I'm afraid of having a husband, LOL! :rotfl2:

Getting my end of life affairs in order. I have no family and I have no will at this time. I am looking at different ideas as to what I'd like to do with my estate but I really need to just make a decision and make it happen. The thought of the state getting my estate and doing whatever they do with that type of thing really bothers me.
I was concerned about that as well. I had been married for 29 years, had two children, now middle-aged adults. My wife left home shortly after our youngest was married. That was 20 years ago. I had to reinvent myself and decide what to do to be just me, a single father but not directly taking care of anyone except myself. I worked about 10 more years trying to build up enough money to retire at 63.

I decided that even if I had to live a minimalist lifestyle, I wanted to retire and move to NC to be with both my daughters that had moved, at separate times, with their families. That was 10 years ago. My X went downhill quickly and ended up sick and broke. My daughters moved her here with the rest of us but she was not able to bounce back and passed away about 5 years ago.

Seeing the mess that was left to my girls to figure out I decided to make pre-arrangements for everything. I did living wills, regular wills, purchased a burial lot for myself, paid for all services including cremation and inurnment. It wasn't one of the easiest things I have ever done and it took around 3 years to complete including paying for everything. I live in a senior apartment complex, completely without interference or needing any outside care. I have managed to take the only real stress I had about what to do and how to do it by just doing it.

Wills can be done on line now, but you have to sign the document with witnesses. Usually just a Notary Public will do the trick. My original will was filled with an attorney, but I don't even remember the name anymore and it is filled in the city in Vermont, where I no longer reside. I am making some minor adjustments to my will and am doing it online. With your situation you have to have someone or something to file it with otherwise it will not be honored unless they can find it. I am fortunate because both my daughters have copy of all my instructions, locations and contacts.

I was concerned about that as well. I had been married for 29 years, had two children, now middle-aged adults. My wife left home shortly after our youngest was married. That was 20 years ago. I had to reinvent myself and decide what to do to be just me, a single father but not directly taking care of anyone except myself. I worked about 10 more years trying to build up enough money to retire at 63.

I decided that even if I had to live a minimalist lifestyle, I wanted to retire and move to NC to be with both my daughters that had moved, at separate times, with their families. That was 10 years ago. My X went downhill quickly and ended up sick and broke. My daughters moved her here with the rest of us but she was not able to bounce back and passed away about 5 years ago.

Seeing the mess that was left to my girls to figure out I decided to make pre-arrangements for everything. I did living wills, regular wills, purchased a burial lot for myself, paid for all services including cremation and inurnment. It wasn't one of the easiest things I have ever done and it took around 3 years to complete including paying for everything. I live in a senior apartment complex, completely without interference or needing any outside care. I have managed to take the only real stress I had about what to do and how to do it by just doing it.

Wills can be done on line now, but you have to sign the document with witnesses. Usually just a Notary Public will do the trick. My original will was filled with an attorney, but I don't even remember the name anymore and it is filled in the city in Vermont, where I no longer reside. I am making some minor adjustments to my will and am doing it online. With your situation you have to have someone or something to file it with otherwise it will not be honored unless they can find it. I am fortunate because both my daughters have copy of all my instructions, locations and contacts.
I have a meeting with an attorney next week to discuss what I'd like to do and how to proceed. Thanks for your insight and I'm sorry you had to experience it.

This is good to know!

My biggest fear is my sister and/or me dying before my mom passes. Also, one us (most likely me bc I don't take care of myself enough) dying young and leaving the other alone. I at least have my DW, but my sister doesn't have a partner.

And bed bugs. Not really a fear, but totally paranoid.

I had bed bugs back in 2018. Only recently have I stopped having a slight panic reaction when I feel something on me (often just a hair, not even a bug). They took months and thousands of dollars to get rid of and we had a minimal infestation. I feel you on the paranoia. I will be so happy if we find a way to make them go extinct.

The idea of a tidal wave has always scared me. This is particularly odd since I grew up in the Midwest.

I have a reoccurring dream throughout my life. I dream that I can see a tornado, but I can't tell anyone. It's like I've lost the ability to speak.

1. Being in a car crash... I absolutely hate traveling by car. When I drive, I don't drive fearfully, I am as aggressive as everybody else. However, the fear lingers in the back of my mind. It is not just me driving, being a passenger scares me as well. Fear of driving/riding in a car keeps me from wanting to go on vacation by car. I spend more time worrying about the travel than focusing on the vacation.

2. I fear developing any number of diseases. Diabetes is probably the #1 fear, I have seen what it can do to a person. Of course I fear various types of cancer and heart disease.

3. I fear losing people.

1. Being in a car crash... I absolutely hate traveling by car. When I drive, I don't drive fearfully, I am as aggressive as everybody else. However, the fear lingers in the back of my mind. It is not just me driving, being a passenger scares me as well. Fear of driving/riding in a car keeps me from wanting to go on vacation by car. I spend more time worrying about the travel than focusing on the vacation.

2. I fear developing any number of diseases. Diabetes is probably the #1 fear, I have seen what it can do to a person. Of course I fear various types of cancer and heart disease.

3. I fear losing people.
Huh, diabetes is an interesting disease to be afraid of as a top choice. The chances of getting type I as an adult is incredibly low (that one I would be more fearful of ), but type II is almost always preventable/curable fairly easily if you take care of your body.

Two come to mind. one I have had for about 20 years is driving over bridges if I am the driver. The other one started more recently, fear of falling. My sister had a debilitating fall at work that left her with chronic pain. Now that I have bone on bone arthritis and two meniscus tears in one knee on top of that, I am extra careful about tripping.

Reactions: NAB
Two come to mind. one I have had for about 20 years is driving over bridges if I am the driver. The other one started more recently, fear of falling. My sister had a debilitating fall at work that left her with chronic pain. Now that I have bone on bone arthritis and two meniscus tears in one knee on top of that, I am extra careful about tripping.

Other's feel the same way you do. The Kent Island Express is a company that will drive you across the Bay Bridge in Maryland if you are too scared to do so....

Bay Bridge: One of America's Ten Scariest | Washingtonian (DC)

Getting my end of life affairs in order. I have no family and I have no will at this time. I am looking at different ideas as to what I'd like to do with my estate but I really need to just make a decision and make it happen. The thought of the state getting my estate and doing whatever they do with that type of thing really bothers me.
You could leave everything to your friends here on the disboards ;)
But seriously good luck with figuring out your affairs, don’t let the state take it!

Dementia-it runs in my family-great grandmother, grandfather, mother-probably back farther but no good records-i watch all three of them and it terrifies me.

My greatest fear is something happening to someone I love. I have no fears about something happening to me personally as I know my time on earth is only temporary and greater things await me on the other side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter