What are your pet hates about this forum?

Mine is that everything turns into a competition in so many threads. It's like everyone has to one-up the previous poster.
I've noticed quite a few do that here. It seems to be part of the not so humblebragging that annoys me so much. Seems that some simply can't help themselves.

Mine is when people start threads that they know will be controversial, especially about anything Covid related.

That debate is frowned upon. I actually think the rate at which threads are closed is...interesting. I don't agree with it. I don't personally see a problem with argument on a forum. Unless someone is being harassed or threatened, I don't see why adults can't engage in a heated debate.

That debate is frowned upon. I actually think the rate at which threads are closed is...interesting. I don't agree with it. I don't personally see a problem with argument on a forum. Unless someone is being harassed or threatened, I don't see why adults can't engage in a heated debate.
If you had been here in the early 2000s, you may understand it better. Some of the people posting then could get really nasty. They had no problem making threats or telling people what they would like to see happen to them. Being a moderator back then, would have been like a full time job. I doubt it would have gotten better, if the administrators hadn't implemented rules that made it clear this is a community board not a debate board. There are plenty of boards for people to use, if they want to debate the banned subjects here.

PS: There were also many good people back then. Unfortunately, the nasty people ran many of them off.

If you had been here in the early 2000s, you may understand it better. Some of the people posting then could get really nasty. They had no problem making threats or telling people what they would like to see happen to them. Being a moderator back then, would have been like a full time job. I doubt it would have gotten better, if the administrators hadn't implemented rules that made it clear this is a community board not a debate board. There are plenty of boards for people to use, if they want to debate the banned subjects here.

PS: There were also many good people back then. Unfortunately, the nasty people ran many of them off.
I get that, but I also think you can lock a thread and/or ban individuals at that point rather than closing threads for the reasons they currently appear to be. It's just my opinion. It's not my site and I'll respect the rules, I just don't personally agree with them. No big thing, really.

I get that, but I also think you can lock a thread and/or ban individuals at that point rather than closing threads for the reasons they currently appear to be. It's just my opinion. It's not my site and I'll respect the rules, I just don't personally agree with them. No big thing, really.
Most of the mods are volunteers. They don't have time to go through all the "reported" posts to give points, ban posters & close threads. I don't blame them for getting tired of people creating threads & replying to posts in a way that we all know will be controversial.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter