What are your Main St. must do's?

I like to stop in the candy shop on the way out and get a Mickey candy apple.

These keep in your resort room refrigerator just fine and make good late night munchies.

Glass blowing in the back of the glass shop.

We just happened upon that one trip, it was so neat!

I like to grab a beverage from Starbucks and find a seat in the little side street. It's peaceful back there, and you get to hear singing lessons from one of the windows upstairs. I just enjoy sitting over there and getting away from people sometimes.

Main Street is so beautiful at night when the lights come on. Of course shopping is the biggest draw, but there are so many little secret details to take in too (name tributes on the windows, paw prints in the pavement outside of Tonys, phone in the Chapeu that you can pick up and hear a conversation on, etc.) if you go slow and soak everything in. People watching is fun there too. We always devote time to Main Street.

Get an early ADR (before rope drop) and walk up it with no crowds. Then get a picture of the castle, again with no crowds.

The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, Casey's Corner, and (if available) enjoying a character meet-and-greet. :)

This sounds so fun! Will definitely try to do this.
They are old-timey vehicles that take you from Town Square to the castle (or vice versa) in the mornings. Today they run from 8-10:15.
there are a couple different ones:
  • Horse-Drawn Street Car, an old-fashioned trolley pulled by a horse
  • Jitney, an early automobile without a roof
  • Fire Engine, a replica of the very first fire trucks
  • Omnibus, a gas-powered, open-air 2-story bus
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/attractions/magic-kingdom/main-street-vehicles/
itely

The first thing we do each trip no matter when we arrive is head up to the train platform and take our first look and listen down Main Street. :cloud9:

We also like to sit at tables at the end of the side street with coffee and/or snacks and listen to the dance lesson in progress in the studio above.

Not sure if it's still there, but there use to be an old time phone in the Chapeau - you could listen in on the party line, it was just a fun little extra.

It’s still there. We listened in to some scandouois town gossip in November.

Arribas Brother's glass shop! Everything in it is beautiful and you get to watch them working in the front. There is also a little table and chairs set up between the Confectionary and Tony's Town Square restaurant. There is a checker board on top of it. This is a great, quiet spot to sit and enjoy some treats while watching a unique area of Main Street. You can't see the castle, but you can see the train station. My DH and I hung out here for a little while on our last trip and photopass photographer happened to walk by and took some candids that we love. It was also a lot of fun to watch people entering and see how excited they were that they were there. Casey's is also a must. Sitting eating a giant chili cheese dog while staring at the castle is just amazing!!

I once read a book called Hidden Mickeys (or something like that). It had lots of suggestions to look for in each part of every park. Maybe try that?

Dapper Dans and Trolley Show. I think those two are "must-do's" if you have never seen them. If you are going to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - ask that they start you on Main Street - finding the portals the first time makes you think about think about what's on Main Street. While I don't make the effort to go to the Flag Retreat often, this is a must-do for my brother's family every time. If you have never seen glass blowing - that's cool - but if you have - no big deal - they only work on basic stuff there. We've never done the Main Street Vehicles - not worth our time in the morning when it's cooler out. If you have kids under 10 - I think the Talking Mickey character meet is worth it. Visit either the ice cream parlor or Casey's. I think both give you the opportunity to experience sitting at the tables at the top of Main Street and watching everyone stream by. For me - both are better pretty early in the morning as they get crowded by lunch. Yes - I've had ice cream for breakfast at Disney!

All of the Main Street entertainment! Main Street Trolley Show, Citizens of Main Street, Dapper Dans, ride the Main Street Vehicles, listen to Casey's Corner pianist, take your time window shopping and visiting the buildings surrounding Main Street Square. And I can't forget one of my favorites - the flag retreat.
This is the Tour de Force of Main Street right here!

We always enjoy an ice cream (and they even have sugar free), the Dapper Dans, the Pianist outside Casey's is amazing! Main Street vehicles are great fun, and many of the drivers are quite knowledgeable about the vehicles, so it can be fun to chat with them. The barber shop is fun too. It very much reminds me of the old barber shop on Main Street in my home town when I was growing up, and it is pretty reasonably priced. I always make sure I wait for vacation to get a hair cut there. DS and I will often sit down to play a game of checkers in town square just outside the confectionery.

We always go into The Chapeau to listen in on the phone on the wall. It's a party line and you hear two women sharing the latest gossip. Recently one woman told her friend that her daughter needs to find a good man who makes at least $8 a week. Times have sure changed .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter