What are your Main St. must do's?

Got caught in a major afternoon thunderstorm back in spring 2016 on Main Street, USA. It was one of the most memorable parts of the trip. We were on the side with the Chapeau, Confectionery, etc. We listened to the old phone, watched the glass-blower, and just browsed. The Dapper Dans came into one store and serenaded the crowd who was hiding from the storm. I remember thinking about how much I had fretted over the weather, so concerned that rain might ruin a trip I had looked forward to for so long. Lesson learned. Even in the middle of a thunderstorm, Disney is a magical place to be.

When the weather is nice, I just love wandering through the shops, catching as much of the Main Street entertainment as possible (Trolley, Dapper Dans, Philharmonic, Casey's Piano Player). I like having lunch (at an "off" time to avoid crowds) at Casey's. Sitting at one of their outside tables and just watching the hustle and bustle is nice.

Definitely meet Mickey at the Town Square theater, and other characters outside in Town Square (Pluto and Minnie, I think?)

I still haven't ridden the Main Street vehicles, and that is on the list for a future trip, as is the flag retreat.

The last couple of times I've visited I've made an effort to enjoy Main Street more. It's usually such a dash through there and you miss a lot of details. I really enjoy taking in all the windows. Such a cool little bit of Disney history so many miss out on.

How do you catch the Main Street vehicles? We've tried on several trips but can't really figure out what you're supposed to do. Is it one of those "just get lucky" kinds of experiences? If so, that's cool, we'll hope for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter